• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TimeshareForums is currently down

lawren2

Reaction score
JFYI as many here are members there as well.

We are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution.

Sunterra

Reaction score
OK now I'm getting
Sorry, we are having some issues with someone that has more time on their hands then they should. The site will be back up after I fix a mess. Thanks, Ken & Frank

S

Steamboat Bill

"Sorry, we are having some issues with someone that has more time on their hands then they should. The site will be back up after I fix a mess. Thanks, Ken & Frank"

I wonder what that means?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
"Sorry, we are having some issues with someone that has more time on their hands then they should. The site will be back up after I fix a mess. Thanks, Ken & Frank"

I wonder what that means?

i would guess that the site has been hacked...

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Why do the letters S-W-R-N-L almost immediately come to mind????

I was thinking that very thing. :rofl:

Maybe she took a computer course. :D

I thought it was SWSRN.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Maybe she took a computer course.

I thought it was SWSRN.

I think you're right. That acronym makes more sense.

It would take more than a computer course to get through Ken's defenses. IIRC there was a previous go-round after which Ken buttoned things up tightly, so it would take a pretty hard-core hack to get in. Forums doesn't seem like the sort of place that a hard-core hacker would go after for kicks; it seems more to me like a targeted attack with motive.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what I got.

Warning: require_once(./includes/vba_cmps_include_template.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quarterb/public_html/index.php3 on line 41

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_include_template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/quarterb/public_html/index.php3 on line 41

My pc has been slow as of late, the last two nights, when on the site. Does that mean anything of a sinister or viral nature ?

S

Steamboat Bill

latest message

Welcome,
We are experiencing a problem with an unwelcomed guest at the moment.
I am woring to identify the problem but this may take some time to get addressed.
Please bear with us in our time of challange and we will be running again soon.

------------------------

I know TS4MS and TUGbbs may be competitors...but if a problem took down their site, it could happen here.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
latest message

Welcome,
We are experiencing a problem with an unwelcomed guest at the moment.
I am woring to identify the problem but this may take some time to get addressed.
Please bear with us in our time of challange and we will be running again soon.

------------------------

I know TS4MS and TUGbbs may be competitors...but if a problem took down their site, it could happen here.

Why do people think of the sites as competitors. It seems like it's just double the great information for those who like to go to both. But that is my opinion, which doesn't count for much.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Who Says It Doesn't Count Much ?

But that is my opinion, which doesn't count for much.
I'd say it counts lots -- way more than the opinions of those who don't contribute nearly so much to TUG-BBS.

Meanwhile, friendly rivalry needn't be considered cutthroat competition. Just venturing a guess, I'd say most of the TUG-BBS heavy hitters are also major serious participants over at TS4Ms -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's good to have both fine sources with slightly different styles.

Like grocery shopping, I like Whole Foods and Roche Bros. (local Mass.) for the quality and variety. I shop at both.
Same thing here.

Both complement each other and "works for me".

com·ple·ment (kmpl-mnt)

a. Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection.

b. Either of two parts that complete the whole or mutually complete each other

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Forums is back in operation now. Ken says they got hit by hack-bot.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why do people think of the sites as competitors. It seems like it's just double the great information for those who like to go to both.

I couldn't agree more. I visit many travel and photography related sites and never think of one as a competitor to another, why should t/s information sites be any different?

geekette

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I visit many travel and photography related sites and never think of one as a competitor to another, why should t/s information sites be any different?

Ditto. There are many travel sites I go to, each for different reasons.

Peaceful coexistence is possible!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Given the way the site formed, there will always be some that will continue to assume animosity between the two. Certain actions by individuals also attempt to create a rift between the two sites.

Officially as far as I am concerned, anywhere someone can go to to find truthful and helpful information on timeshares will always be a friend to TUG.

That is just my opinion though, there is a different one of those for each one of you =)