• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham

klconley

Reaction score
Hello. My husband and I are considering buy a used Wyndham timeshare from a broker who has a used wyndham timeshare himself. We can buy one pretty cheap. Has anyone had any experience with a used Wyndham timeshare. We like the idea of a point system which is why we are considering it. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. Kelly

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. My husband and I are considering buy a used Wyndham timeshare from a broker who has a used wyndham timeshare himself. We can buy one pretty cheap. Has anyone had any experience with a used Wyndham timeshare. We like the idea of a point system which is why we are considering it. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. Kelly

ALL Timeshares are used after the very first guest checks out of the unit.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you see from the main BBS page (after log-in), you can see "point system discussion" or "Wyndham resorts" section. Go to those pages and read and study. If you find a partucular wyndham timeshare (from broker), ask other tuggers about the price and other information. They will give you the best advice. First, you need to check "Advice" and do some research before you buy one. You are lucky to find this website before you buy one.

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you might need more info to make your decision.

Which timeshare? How many points? The cost? the maint fees? Is this enough points for you? Do you understand Wyndhams relationship with RCI? Many many questions. Get your answers first.

I like the wyndham system. Take your time. There's plenty of Wyndham resale timeshares out there to had. There are many people on here to answer your questions.

Good luck. Ask questions.Read

klconley

Reaction score
Why Wyndham and not Worldmark?

I realize that World Mark has only half of the resort locations than Wyndham. Yet, when you figure that you don't have to worry about maint. fees going up and especially considering that my husband and I live on the West Coast and have a lot more choices with World mark, isn't World Mark a better deal? how much are people paying for World Mark? I won't ask about the points. I will read up on that. Thanks. Kelly:)

klconley

Reaction score
Thanks

My husband and I have been through a couple of sales presentations so are pretty familiar with how the points work, etc. Just are not sure how the whole resale thing works so are asking those questions. due to the maint. fees going up, we may look at worldmark instead. Thanks. I did find the Wyndham thread. kelly

cruisin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark is the choice for the west coast, credits rrsell are about 60cents give or take.

Jim McLaren

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yet, when you figure that you don't have to worry about maint. fees going up and especially considering that my husband and I live on the West Coast and have a lot more choices with World mark, isn't World Mark a better deal?
I don't know how you figure WM MF are not going up but a 2 minute search on the web yielded this. It sure looks to me like they're going up (about 5%). Those are last year's numbers but I would be worried about any TS system where MF did not rise.

You should do a little searching on this board and asking specific questions about how people use the WM system. I have read posts from WM experts here and it sounds like a GREAT system with much flexibility and value. I live on the east coast so won't be taking advantage of it, in fact I won't even learn the system. There's too much other stuff to learn.

You might also go the WorldMark Owners site and learn some stuff before you buy.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The key differenced is the maintenance fee for WM is averaged over all 70 resorts to all owners and there is a cap of 5 %

Whatever FSP you buy into sets the maintenance fee - If you buy in Hurricane alley your likely to have higher fees and the possibilty of an assesment that Branson wouldn't pay but whne their tornado comes through . . .

With WM those costs are spread accross the enyore membersip not just the owners of opne resort

Bill4728

Reaction score
I realize that World Mark has only half of the resort locations than Wyndham. Yet, when you figure that you don't have to worry about maint. fees going up and especially considering that my husband and I live on the West Coast and have a lot more choices with World mark, isn't World Mark a better deal? how much are people paying for World Mark? I won't ask about the points. I will read up on that. Thanks. Kelly:)

For someone living on the west coast WM is a much better deal than Wyndham.

Wyndham says it has or shares several west coast resorts with WM. BUT most of the time, Wyndham only has a very few rooms at the WM resort. If you want to vacation on the west coast, BUY WM over wyndham.

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSP typically has one unit each week at each WM. You have about a one in a million chance of getting it.

Stan

klconley

Reaction score
I'm sorry

What is FSP---is that fair share plus? Not sure what you mean by "have a one in a million chance of getting it". Getting what? Thanks. Kelly

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is FSP---is that fair share plus? Not sure what you mean by "have a one in a million chance of getting it". Getting what? Thanks. Kelly

FSP is Fairshare Plus, which is most Wyndham ad selling (some are fixed week).

Since the exchange between Wyndham and WorldMark is no more than few units between few resorts. Mostly are only 1 unit per week over 52 week range, so it will be harder to get WM exchange through Wyndham.

Jya-Ning

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are units - you need to move early for those

FSP is Fairshare Plus, which is most Wyndham ad selling (some are fixed week).

Since the exchange between Wyndham and WorldMark is no more than few units between few resorts. Mostly are only 1 unit per week over 52 week range, so it will be harder to get WM exchange through Wyndham.

Jya-Ning

We have been able to get two different west coast WM units during holiday trips using FSP points. In both cases we found the location to be great but the resorts far below Wyndham quality. WM seems to be a much more budget based system than Wyndham. That may be due to the original concept of one rate fits all resorts and/or the tough locations (for new construction) they seem to get. In any case the "crossover" use from FSP worked fine for us and we had two more great stays in CA thanks to Wyndham/WM.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSP typically has one unit each week at each WM. You have about a one in a million chance of getting it.

Stan

We booked TWO units at Worldmark Red River not too long ago (the FSP allotment). There's a total of about 30 units at that location so the odds were more like one in fifteen for the FSP owners. Not much different than "ordinary" people trying for the Presidential units, only less points.

Your mileage may vary.

klconley

Reaction score
Still confused

I don't think I was asking about owning wm and trading with wyndham, although that might be important to consider. I was actually wondering about exchanging with RCI--so, in other words is it more expensive to to trade with RCI when you have Wyndham (I think $166 per reservation), and what would be the cost of trading with RCI when I own Wm? Is that more clear? Thanks. Kelly

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it more expensive to to trade with RCI when you have Wyndham (I think $166 per reservation), and what would be the cost of trading with RCI when I own Wm? Is that more clear? Thanks. Kelly

I can only tell you about what Wyndham owners pay - - if you use your FSP points to reserve a Wyndham property (without going through RCI) there's no fee - - your monthly maintenance includes Wyndham dues that pay for that service. If you use your FSP points to trade through RCI Weeks you pay the same RCI fee that anybody who exchanges through them pays.

klconley

Reaction score
Interesting about quality of WM

If you look at the reviews on Tug2, wm are 5 star and wyndham are not, AND people seem to rate them comparably. I noticed someone said the quality of wm was more of a budget type of quality. Kelly

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Worldmark had a one size fit all approach that limited quality

If you look at the reviews on Tug2, wm are 5 star and wyndham are not, AND people seem to rate them comparably. I noticed someone said the quality of wm was more of a budget type of quality. Kelly

The older Wyndhams - many of the total - are of WM middle of the road quality but the newer 20+ are Marriott plus level. They have really stepped up the quality & the great - often unique - locations lately. At resale prices (nearly give away to purchase) FSP points are one of the great bargains in top quality/multi-location timeshares going. Buying new at Wyndham prices is one of the all time great rip-offs at this point. All in how you play the game.