• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI.com ..Verify screen problem .. hangs

kenojg

TUG Member
Reaction score
in a RCI points account doing a "weeks reservation" (this is the wonderful last 45 days for 9000 points or less)

one to make you aware.. as it has been very infuriating (finding your week at 1 a.m. only to lose it) ... is anyone else aware? does anyone have any work around or ideas??

During a points vacation search using rci.com ,doing a … “RCI weeks reservation” there is a fatal problem with the verify screen at the very end of the procedure… It hangs in an endless loop and you cannot complete this vacation request. There is no way of knowing that it did not take … till you call in and find out no knows anything about it, and those units are no longer available… now a lot of time and trouble is caused and not to mention the vacation you thought you had is gone… :bawl:

Thanks John

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
RCI was having some severe online problems last night. I was posting sightings and had my computer freeze several times in the process. It was very frustrating. :crash:

orenb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ran into this problem yesterday, also. I started over and was able to successfully put the week on Hold and then go to My Account, Vacation Plans and confirm it.

kenojg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info... and couple questions

I ran into this problem yesterday, also. I started over and was able to successfully put the week on Hold and then go to My Account, Vacation Plans and confirm it.

Great info.... I will give that a try. I had it happen again today, I just left it in the verify screen and called wed tech when they opened (lucky it was only half hour till 9:30 opening) tech secured it and reported problem..

I think it may have something to do with.. the resort listed as 8500 points, but when confirming it placed and asked for 7500 points.. then after filling all in.. and confirming it flicks a small window up saying "points must be numeric only" then gets stuck in endless loop..

in my case , I also have to borrow points from next year or rent points from RCI... is that your case also? do you see a difference in points asked for? Thanks JG :wave: