• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott reservation eventual banked with II

TUG Member
Reaction score
before I make a Marriott reservation, do i have to pay the 2009 annual dues in advance

can I make a Marriott reservation with my two bedroom lock off
as a dedicated two bedroom reservation

then lock it off with interval
turning it later into
one bedroom
+
studio
so I have the one bedroom working for me and the studio working for me with Interval MArriott
later
when I deposit with Interval Marriott
or
do I have to make my original Marriott Reservation as
two bedroom lock off reservation
not a dedicated two bedroom reseration
to have this flexibility

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
No you do not have to pay the maintenance fees. All maintenance fees are due in January. You will receive a bill sometime in December.

If you want to reserve a lock-off you must split your reservation at the time you reserve with Marriott. Marriott charges a fee to split your room into 2 separate reservations. YOu must split it prior to depositing into II.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to reserve a lock-off you must split your reservation at the time you reserve with Marriott.

You do not have to lock-off at the same time as making the reservation with Marriott. You can always call back Marriott at a later date and lock-off.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
You do not have to lock-off at the same time as making the reservation with Marriott. You can always call back Marriott at a later date and lock-off.

But he was asking that once it was deposited with II if he could lock-off after that. Maybe I read the question wrong. Sounds like the OP really needs to study the FAQ at the top about Marriott.

You can call back later but you might also be charged a change fee as well. It happened to me once.

Tina