• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Won first Ebay Bid

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I won my first Ebay Bid for a Time Share, Wyndham Points, Riverside Suites San Antonio. Is there anything I should be aware regarding TIMESHARE Closings, Inc.?

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Closings is a common closing company. You should be just fine, just be patient.

Hope you are having or had a fun time in Fairmont Hot Springs. We went there in July and it was beautiful.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used them 3 times. Check for typos when you get paperwork or now...be patient and do your due diligence.

I have had good luck with them and find them to be very responsive and receptive thus far, even when on one we had many errors, but all was corrected and paperwork is in process.

I remeber the feeling of winning my first bid and how scared but excited I was...so congrats!!!!

RIMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you both

Thank you both, I am going to call them today and start the process.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What you should expect...

-A copy of the Deed
-A letter from closing company requesting the rest of the funds
-A letter from closing company for you to fill out Wyndam information to set up your account
-Notice that your deed is filed
-You should call Wyndam once they receive the paperwork to validate any information
-Takes Wyndam about 6 to 8 weeks (if all goes well)

Congratulations on your purchase!!

baakfamily

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I won my first Ebay Bid for a Time Share, Wyndham Points, Riverside Suites San Antonio. Is there anything I should be aware regarding TIMESHARE Closings, Inc.?

I bought two Orlando timeshares this year (April and June) that closed through TIMESHARE CLOSING SERVICES, INC., 8545 Commodity Circle, Orlando, FL (I assume the Timeshare Closings, Inc. you mention is the same company). Both transactions seemed to go very smoothly with lots of communication in the form of letters letting me know as the different stages of the sale went through. I also called once and they were great about answering my questions. The last thing I received was a title insurance policy and notification that the resort had acknowledged my ownership.

My RCI Weeks Summer Bay Orlando purchase took about 3 months from start to finish. My RCI Points Sheraton Vistana Resort (Fountains) purchase took about half that time.

Based on my own experience, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this is your first Wyndham property you'll want to find out what your "use year" is - - maybe but not always a calendar year.

And if you're getting points for the current use year, say calendar year 2008, you may find yourself very near the year end before the paperwork is done so you can actually use those points.

You can effectively extend the use year two years by depositing the 2008 points into RCI Weeks. And if you're doing that, you want to think about how many deposits to make. If you have, say, 189,000 points you could make deposits of 70,000, 70,000 and 28,000 points (leaving 21,000 unused) which leaves you needing to find three weeks' vacations in the 2 years following the month you make the deposits. Or you could deposit 105,000 and 70,000 for two weeks, or 105,000 28,000 and 28,000 for three weeks, etc.

Generally you can get whatever there is to be gotten with 105,000 so it's wasteful to deposit any larger number.