• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
then the individual just failed to type it in properly in the contact form....little we can do about that unfortunately.

what was the first part of the domain name and ill try to extrapolate what the ending should be.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
500+ ads and counting!

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
then the individual just failed to type it in properly in the contact form....little we can do about that unfortunately.

what was the first part of the domain name and ill try to extrapolate what the ending should be.

It was not a domain name. It looked like a pseudo name.
I tried to retrieve the message. Now it's gone.
Do messages fall off after being read?

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian this is a great offer for all us Tuggers!!! I am going to try to place a for rent ad in very near future. You may have created a gold mine! Best Wishes!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It was not a domain name. It looked like a pseudo name.
I tried to retrieve the message. Now it's gone.
Do messages fall off after being read?

shouldnt unless you delete them...it wont show "you have a new message" anymore...but you should still be able to go back into "ads youve placed" and click the number in the message column.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Brian this is a great offer for all us Tuggers!!! I am going to try to place a for rent ad in very near future. You may have created a gold mine! Best Wishes!

tis our hope!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was MIA all day yesterday and came back to quite a few pending ads!

sorry about the delay...they are all now posted.

nearly 600 ads now!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
650 and counting....impressive!

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
When posting new for sale ad, Season drop down menu has
WHITE/YELLOW/SILVER
BLUE/GREEN/GOLD

SILVER and GOLD should be swapped, yes?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ill see what we can do about that fred...thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
700+ and still going!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tip for you norton users....thanks to one of our TUG members (ruthm) for figuring this out on her own!

If any of you use Norton 360...you likely wont see many of the links due to them containing the word "ads"

you can eliminate this issue by performing the following steps!

1. Go to Norton 360 “tasks and settings” (It may be the same choice on lesser Norton products)

2. Click on “add on pack”

3. Click on “anti spam” or “ad blocking”

4. On the left hand side, bottom choice, click on “General” under “ad blocking”

5. click on “advanced”

6. click on “add site” (even though it appears that you are going to block this site)

7. type in the web sites (three separate entries) which you gave me (tug2.net; tug2.com; and tugbbs.com)

8. click on ok

9. Now you have a choice of “permit” or “block” ; of course the choice is “permit”

10. Repeat steps six through nine for each of the websites

11. Save your work and close down Norton

12. Restart your computer and Go back to the original e-mail and the links will now be displayed.

13. Save them in your “favorites” or “bookmark”

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Work in progress...not complete yet...feedback is welcome...but this will become the new Timeshare Marketplace homepage once complete.

http://tug2.com/ads

contains all the "quick link" searches for areas and such like the legacy ad program does!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
800 and counting!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
850 and going!

the individual TUG member who posts the 1000th ad in the new system (be it for sale, rent or exchange) will get a 6 month complimentary membership extension!

copperpenny22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to list a floating week for sale or rent; but all I get is the week's calendar page. How do I list a floating week for sale or rent?

This is a great service you are providing--I have already listed several individually owned weeks for sale/rent!

Thank you!

Penny

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Penny,

Floating week is an option when you select a for sale ad.

you have to click the radio button to select you are posting a floating week and of course have to pick the year in which the float begins (ie 2008/2009)

the next page asks you to select the START week of your floating interval. ie week 40.

after selecting that the next page asks you for the LAST week of your float interval...ie week 52 for example.

hope this clears it up for you!

copperpenny22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian:

:doh: I figured it out! And already have the listing done. :) Also, am working on a possible exchange from the new listing! :whoopie:

Thanks,
Penny

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
some of you may find issues navigating to my current links...that is due to the fact we had so many complaints about being unable to see links etc due to virus/spam/internet security products blocking links containing the word ads....we've renamed the entire system and all pages and sublinks etc from "ads" to "timesharemarketplace"

so ill have to go in and manually change all my pages/posts pointing to /Ads to /TimeshareMarketplace

this will take me a bit of time however...please bear with me.

THIS IS NOW THE NEW OFFICIAL TUG TIMESHARE MARKETPLACE HOMEPAGE!

http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
950 ads and counting....individual member who posts the 1000th ad gets a free membership extension!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It goes to show you that Tuggers are value oriented. Nothing is a better value than FREE! Thanks for giving us this gift. :clap:

Sue

copperpenny22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian:

Have I found a glitch? I received a message today indicating that I have a PM from a member in response to my wish ad. But I cannot access the message from the link. It takes me to the marketplace home page, but when I hit the "new message" button the first time, I got an error message. Then the button disappeared when I tried it again.

Penny

copperpenny22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I found the message by going to my "wish" ad. What happened to the "new message" button? Does it disappear after the first try?

Penny