• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want your opinions about this deal in Las Vegas... please.

txhgv

Reaction score
10,000 points = 2 - 2 Bedroom Condos each totaling two weeks per year or as many days as you can stretch those points into days of stay.
Type II Season
$44,000
19,000 incentive points
Home: HGV on the Las Vegas Strip
Starting Tower 3 and 4 to be completed by 2009 or 10

What does everyone think of this deal? Comment please.
Yes, we bought but are in the rescinsion period.

THANK YOU!

hicksville

Reaction score
You can do much much better. I just bought 4800 points at the flamingo for $7000 with seller paying closing, so effectively $6500. I think 5000 gold goes for roughly the same amount (before closing costs).

heck for $39000 you can have 30,000 points every year! 30000 = 6 x (5000 package @ $6500)

RESCIND!!

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Whoa! -- 44 Grand Is Way Too Much For Any Timeshare.

What does everyone think of this deal? Comment please.
I think $44,000 is entirely too much to pay for a timeshare -- even HGVC.

You can ask yourself -- because you'll know the answer better than anybody else -- whether you really think you'll have 10 times more fun in a $44,000 timeshare than you would have in a comparable resale timeshare for $4,400.

If so, go for it.

If not, then rescinda-sinda-sinda while there's still time.

In thinking it over, keep in mind some of the principal Timeshare Realities, to wit . . .

• There is no such thing as a "new" timeshare. They're all used-used-used by the time anybody shows up & checks in.
  • Used prices for used timeshares make lots more sense than new prices for used timeshares.
  • Timeshares are not prepaid vacations. You still have to pay annual fees every year even if you get your timeshares el freebo.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's alot of money for 10,000 points. As stated a bit ago, you get that for MUCH less on the resale market. Rescind while you can, look for 10,000 HGVC points on the resale market and save $25K -30K.

HGVC is a great system and we love what we've got. At the end of the day, points are points with HGVC and it doesn't matter where they came from.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Drop like a hot potato. Gosh, do you have $44,000 to throw away?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
What do I think two Gold season 2 bedroom units for $44,000?
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
:rofl: :rofl:

First you're paying developer pricing. Second they're selling you 2 two bedroom units in Gold season. You can buy 2 Platinum season two bedroom units resale for less than 1/2 the price their quoting you, you'll have 14,000 points AND you'll still pay the same MF's as you would on 10,000 points. Hilton charges MF's by the unit, not by the point.

The only thing you'll miss out on is becoming an Elite member. Trust me, Elite membership isn't worth the extra $22,000 to $30,000 you'll give Hilton just to buy from the. Remember, with Hilton points are points. You can use them at any of the resorts. You can buy points in any of the three Las Vegas Hilton resorts and still book reservations at the newest resort on the strip if that's where you want to stay.

Also keep in mind that Hilton, as you mentioned, is building two more HUGE towers at the LV Strip location. They've built so many units in Las Vegas that getting an exchange into any of them will be no problem any time you want.

So, as others have mentioned, drop this one like a hot potato, start reading these forums and find yourself the number of points that will work for you at a much lower price.

On the other hand, if you've already purchased and are past the rescind period, welcome to the club. Many of us made at least our first purchase from the devleloper. Hilton is a good system and offers a lot of flexibility. We've always enjoyed our vacations using our HGVC points.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think $44,000 is entirely too much to pay for a timeshare......

I think Alan and I are on the same page. My six Weeks cost me a grand total of $6,000. I have traded into Las Vegas with them multiple times using RCI Points- Grandview, Fairfield, HGVC by the Hilton, HGVC on N Las Vegas Blvd.

Sure you can't get everything you want exactly when you want it, but $44,000 vs an average of $1,000.

GEORGE

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Rescind while you still can. You have only this one opportunity to rescind.

Do more research. Check out all the resale opportunities. You can save a lot of money as others have advised.

After looking at all your options, you could buy that $44,000 timeshare any time you choose to. But you have only this one chance to rescind. DO IT!!!

hibbert6

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC easy to rescind - I did it!

I rescinded my HGVC Las Vegas purchase a few years ago. It was easy, once I figured out how, as the contract was not exactly clear on that matter. So, I just called! And the guy who answered was very nice about it and told me the specific address to use to rescind. I believe you have 7 days, but someone else may know better.(It's at LEAST 7 days in the US) Just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter and send everything with a signed return receipt. The, start shopping! :)

Dave

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I rescinded my HGVC Las Vegas purchase a few years ago. It was easy, once I figured out how, as the contract was not exactly clear on that matter. So, I just called! And the guy who answered was very nice about it and told me the specific address to use to rescind. I believe you have 7 days, but someone else may know better.(It's at LEAST 7 days in the US) Just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter and send everything with a signed return receipt. The, start shopping! :)

Dave

I believe this varies by state law in the U.S. For some reason I'm thinking that Nevada is only 5 days but, I could be wrong.

txhgv

Reaction score
awesome....

support network. Thanks to all.
Consider it done!

Now to start shopping...:)

Bill4728

Reaction score
Since this is a question about a Hilton TS, I'm going to move this to the Hilton board.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
DON'T!!!!

If I were you, I would look for a 9,600 points unit at HGVC Seaworld (or even Waikoloa if you would prefer Hawaii) You would have to pay the mf only once.
I have seen one for 22K and that was asking price. (I saw a Waikoloa for
25K, including 9600 2007 points which you can use for club reservations in 2008.)

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
DON'T!!!!

If I were you, I would look for a 9,600 points unit at HGVC Seaworld (or even Waikoloa if you would prefer Hawaii) You would have to pay the mf only once.
I have seen one for 22K and that was asking price. (I saw a Waikoloa for
25K, including 9600 2007 points which you can use for club reservations in 2008.)

The only problem with this is that currently, the MF's on those two resorts are higher than any of the resorts in Vegas. Of course that can always change but, at least in Vegas there's little chance of hurricane's so the insurance is lower and I'd guess that property taxes will always be lower than either Hawaii or Orlando.

I also think that if someone really wanted to get into HGVC they could do it for far less than $22,000 for 9,600. There are still a couple of resorts in the HGVC that don't have Right of First Refusal (ROFR) including the HGVC Flamingo location.

IMO, at this time considering how few resorts are in the HGVC family HGVC may be to expensive even at resale prices. Hilton builds to many rooms in to few locations, making them relatively easy to exchange into. If I had it to do all over again I'm not sure I'd even buy into Hilton at this point. The only good reason I can think of is for internal exchanges into Hawaii. HGVC has been pretty easy to get an exchange into their Hawaiian resorts but, this year I'm not seeing any online availability for HHV. If the ability to exchange easily into Hawaii is lost then you'd better really like both Vegas and Orlando to pay Hilton's price for ownership.

Last edited: