• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In what decade were you a teenager?

In what decade were you a teenager?

• 1930's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1940's

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 1950's

Votes: 83 8.4%
  • 1960's

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 1970's

Votes: 307 31.2%
  • 1980's

Votes: 221 22.4%
  • 1990's

Votes: 82 8.3%
  • 2000’s

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 2010’s

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
In another post someone suggested that most Tuggers were teenagers in the 1950's. The purpose of this poll is to determine when most Tuggers were teenagers.

If you became a teenager at the end of a decade--such as someone who turned 13 in 1959--count the decade in which you had the most teenage years. So, a 13-year old in 1959 would have been a teenager for more years in the 1960's than the 1950's.

Here are the decades:

30's
40's
50's
60's
70's
80's
90's

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm about half in one and half in another but I indicated the one with the slightly more years.

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Started out my teen years in the late 40's and ended them in the early 50's. Graduated in '51....so you figure out where I fit in :shrug:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Graduated in '51....so you figure out where I fit in :shrug:
Were you 18 when your graduated? If so you had three teenage years in the 50's and four teenage years in the 40's--so I'd say the 40's.

If you were 17 when you graduated, you'd have four teenage years in the 50's and three in the 40's--so then I'd say the 50's.:)

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JoAnn,
You know you fit in everywhere! Hi to Gerry.

Fern

Started out my teen years in the late 40's and ended them in the early 50's. Graduated in '51....so you figure out where I fit in :shrug:

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Part in late 50s and balance in early 60s. Why not just ask everyone their age? :)

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Part in late 50s and balance in early 60s. Why not just ask everyone their age? :)

I told the boss to get the six and zero candle this last year. If she gets the sixty candles she probably won't need sixty one next year. :annoyed:

She says I"m full of hot air, not in those terms (cleaned it up ) but I don't have enough air for sixty candles! :shrug:

PHIL :rofl: :hysterical:

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
For me it was the decade between 10 and 20. :cool:

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was a teenager in the 80s - era of bad fashion, bad hairstyles, and bad music, and I partook in all three.

I am genuinely sorry to have missed the 60s.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Great post! Boy do we fit TS buyer demographics!!! Baby boomers for sure. I am crossover decades myself late 60's to 70's. I just starting buying all the CDs of that time to enjoy on the long very 21st century dreaded commute to work.

The Beatles and The British Bands, Disco, Mamas and Papas, James Taylor,Leisure suits,clogs,Vietnam and all the protests, Hippie Movement Haight Ashbury,Hair,Woodstock,Black Panther movement, Civil rights, Kennedy & MLK Assasinations ,Women's Rights Movement,Men on the Moon,Star Wars and The Pill. Quite an experience indeed.

And for those of you who have not seen this here is a walk down that memory lane. CapriciousC this is for you!

http://cruzintheavenue.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm

Last edited:

bonniedwan

Reaction score
I was a teenager in the 80's!! Graduated in 1985.

Just for the record tho.....You are only as old as you feel :)

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a crossover of two decades - late 70's, early 80's, about half and half.

I think I'll vote separately for both!

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 60's the time you were free, saturday's morning at movie and you could understand words to music.
My first love was basketball and football, I guess something was wrong with me.

Last edited: