• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

THANK YOU TUGers!! and advise please

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Tugs,

Just returned from Las Vegas where we purchased a 1 Bdr gold season (3400 points) time share on the Las Vegas Strip from the developer. We made sure we had a right to cancel the deal and, thanks to some research on this board, and discusssions with other timeshare owners we know, we are following through and cancelling the transaction.

Now, we are very interested in buying at resale a 2 bdrm HGVC (that is what we wanted to begin with) on the strip preferably platinum season (7000 points), we understand we should be able to get that for less of what we were willing to pay for the 1 bdrm gold week we are cancelling. However it is not clear to us how to determine where we should look for reputable sellers, any ideas? , anything we should look for, be careful with? that and any other pointers you can provide us will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for the tips, and thanks beforehand for the additional tips.

tk1780

Reaction score
Judi Kozlowski does a nice job as does Seth Nock.

They both sell through the classifieds here on TUG.

Do a search for Western US and display by resort.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For reputable resale sites and companies, see this list of resale companies/sites frequently mentioned positively here at TUG. Judi Kozlowski is at Timeshare Resale Pros (Re/Max) and Seth is at sellingtimeshares.net.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Timeshare trip this February

We are scheduled for a Feb timeshare trip at the Las Vegas Strip. How was the presentation? Did it last longer than the 2 hours? Did you find the location convenient for dining/activities? Thanks for any info. Also, we don't plan on purchasing, but my better half has alot of fun toying with sales personnel!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Going with either Judi or Seth is a good idea but don't let the idea of spending $12K or more make you think you can't buy from a current owner.

The key thing to a successful purchase from a current owner ( not using a broker) is to make sure that the title transfer is handled by a good TS transfer company using a good escrow service. That way your $12,000 - $14,000 is held by a escrow service till the TS is fully transfered into your name.

Good Luck

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Presentation

We are scheduled for a Feb timeshare trip at the Las Vegas Strip. How was the presentation? Did it last longer than the 2 hours? Did you find the location convenient for dining/activities? Thanks for any info. Also, we don't plan on purchasing, but my better half has alot of fun toying with sales personnel!

Hi, presentation was about 2 hours however that included a 30 minute wait (we were schedlued for 1:30, didn'tget started until 2:00) and we "skipped" a 12 minute video. In all we were there about 3 1/2 hours to complete the paperwork.

The "presentation" is canned, they have a pamphlet they use that walks them to the presentation, ask you questions about how often you vacation, where, where do you plan to go next and what are your dream vacations , how much you normally spend on vacations and a overview of the program.

Our mind was made up before we left that we were not going to even consider buying, sellserson obviously did a very good job and caught us on what of those "what the heck" moments.

Hope that answers your questions, if not let me know.

ait109

TUG Member
Reaction score

My wife and I ended up spending over 5 hours for the presentation and subsequent haggling on Jan 2 this year. I knew about resale but they cast doubt in me as to what benefits I would lose from not buying from them. We caved after they threw in "an unprecendented" (their words :p ) number of incentive points. Since it took so long and we were starved after missing lunch (low-blood sugar - maybe that's their strategy) we got them to give us double the gaming credit and a they threw in a stretch limo ride to the Hilton so we could spend it.

After we came home I found re-reviewed the information this site and immediately sent my notice of recission.

The location isn't that great. Its on the north end of the strip between circus circus and sahara. Even walking to the nearest monorail station at the LV Hilton is a pain due to the construction. We ended up taking a cab everywhere. The neighborhood has a lot of older buildings and buildings under construction. While it still felt safe, it clearly wasn't the most glamorous part of LV.

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
While I don't own anything at "The Strip" property, I think it's well positioned to be an attractive location in a few years once some of the nearby construction is finished.

Having stayed there once, I was impressed with several features of the property, but personally thought it had a Gothem City feel to it and didn't care for it as well as the other HGVC's in LV.

One tidbit about the monorail and the HGVC Flamingo. We asked the manager why they didn't provide a stairway or exit to the HGVC from the monorail station. He replied that the monorail wanted a $1,000,000 "contribution" from the property to make that happen. :eek:

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented a car, car rental in Vegas is the cheapest I have seen anywhere, $13 a day for a mid size (PT Cruiser), we opted to upgrade to a brand new SUV for $5 additional per day, our total bill with taxes and all other charges was $56 for the two night stay.
We like the location because it is not the most "glamorous" part of Las Vegas, close enough to the action, yet not as busy, loud and crowded as the main part of the strip.

SallyMagoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The location isn't that great. Its on the north end of the strip between circus circus and sahara. Even walking to the nearest monorail station at the LV Hilton is a pain due to the construction. We ended up taking a cab everywhere. The neighborhood has a lot of older buildings and buildings under construction. While it still felt safe, it clearly wasn't the most glamorous part of LV.

We have been to Vegas and stayed at the HGVC on the Strip twice in the past year. We found the location was easily accessible to other areas of the strip by riding the Deuce bus which stops out front and/or the monorail. It was much easier to catch the monorail by walking across the street and walking through the Sahara to the monorail station at the Sahara. I wouldn't want to walk thorugh all that construction to the LV Hilton monorail. I actually like the HGVC on the Strip quite a bit. It is a nice property; I admit the Flamingo location is better.

angus

Reaction score
HGVC Orlando International Drive

This is a great resource! We are currently at the resort, went through the presentation, and purchased a 1 BR gold (3400 point) package. We didn't know anything about time shares and I've been searching all over the net to figure it out. From what I gather, you can get a lot more for your money on a resale. The salesman said that you lose perks if you buy resale. Does anyone know specifically what you don't get if you buy resale? I think we are going to cancel.

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Angus, not sure if this is the full story but this thread may fully or partially answer your question. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61745

Las Vegas received the cancellation letter, got a call from the salesperson yesterday "very surprised" at our decision to cancel, in the meantime we are actively exploring our buying resale options :)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
This is a great resource! We are currently at the resort, went through the presentation, and purchased a 1 BR gold (3400 point) package. We didn't know anything about time shares and I've been searching all over the net to figure it out. From what I gather, you can get a lot more for your money on a resale. The salesman said that you lose perks if you buy resale. Does anyone know specifically what you don't get if you buy resale? I think we are going to cancel.

Most definitely rescind! There is NO DIFFERENCE in the perks for the purchase of your timeshare if you bought resale. None! The salesmen just say that as a sales tactic (and it works, unfortunately). You will save AT LEAST 60% (maybe more) for you exact same point package if you buy resale.

Kurt

Tabascoone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most definitely rescind! There is NO DIFFERENCE in the perks for the purchase of your timeshare if you bought resale. None! The salesmen just say that as a sales tactic (and it works, unfortunately). You will save AT LEAST 60% (maybe more) for you exact same point package if you buy resale.

Since getting smart and researching I came to the conclusion that, by buying the same exact package on resale, I can save almost 75% (1 bdrm 3400pts gold week, originally at $18,790 can be purchased at resale for $5,000, or originally $5.52 per point, at resale $1.47 per point). However,as previously stated I will go for the upgrade to a 2 bdrm just still debating if we want platinum or gold.