• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's for Manor Club

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi!
We were able to lock off and secure week 27 - July 5th, 2008, at manor club, but no AC. Reservations said they have not seen AC's since February. I called Interval to verify and the rep. told me that I deposited too early to get an AC. Is that normally true? I thought you wanted to deposit ASAP to get the most trade power for your units and if it was a high demand week you could get an AC. How does it work? Thanks for the help - We are first timers!!
thanks,
jackie

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does not work that way - although it should.

II will sometimes give an AC later in year. It poses a problem for me because I like to deposit and trade early. Last time I had to speak to a supervisor to get an AC I was promised when I deposited early.

Charles

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
charles-
hi!
if you trade early will they offer you an AC later? I guess that wouldn't be good business for them?
thanks,
jackie

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
The official answer is no.

I grovel when I have to and II has given me post deposit ACs to stop my whining. I don't recommend this course of action.

Charles

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jackie,
There have been mixed reports this year about whether you will get the AC at a later date if you deposit now. Some II agents are saying no. People have been successful in receiving them at a later date in past years.

Also, there is another thread on the Exchange Forum showing that many other timeshares have received ACs for their summer weeks but not Marriotts. So no one knows what to think about them this year. Some people are speculating that Marriotts might not get them at all this year because Marriott is taking their internal trading in-house sometime in the future.

I guess we will all have to wait and see!

Jan

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks jan for the insight. i might have been too quick to deposit into interval! i wanted to get the strongest trading power. any tips for how to get to hawaii april 2008 in a marriott? wait for flex change?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I will hold on to my 2008 Manor Club week until an AC is offered. If no AC is offered I will go to Manor Club next summer, and not renew my II membership since I only have one week.

Ray

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks jan for the insight. i might have been too quick to deposit into interval! i wanted to get the strongest trading power. any tips for how to get to hawaii april 2008 in a marriott? wait for flex change?

Jackie,
You have a very good shot for April 2008 with a Manor Club 2 BR deposited now. If you don't mind which island and can select all of the Marriotts, you will have an even better shot. The end of April through May has less demand than Jan-March & summer in HI so that will work in your favor too.

I doubt that you will have to wait for flexchange.

Good luck!

Jan

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi jan!
i have a few questions. when i look with my 1 br or studio i can not see any of hawaii. would you recommend a request with interval? will i be able to see more units for the april time period as the date approaches? i think i might have deposited too early.

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok, a few more questions to the seasoned timesharers. i thought that depositing early would allow me to see other trades and i can not see much with my two units (we locked off). my question is: will i see more in the future - is it too soon to see anything? we bought platinum for strong trade power, but i am not seeing much. our week is july 5th 2008. maybe there is not a demand yet for the week?

JERSEYFRESH

Reaction score
re: AC Certificate 2007-2008

I deposited my 3 bed unit in Marriott Frenchman's Cove in March 2007 for
an exchange for 2008. Received AC Certificate for use through March
2008 in May 2007, already booked and am using it for Nov 2007.
Just received confirmation from II for first choice week in June 2008
for Marriott Maui Ocean Club 2 bedroom unit as my exchange for 2008.
I'm delighted and new to the system but was told that best to deposit
your week first and early with II if you are certain you are not going to
your home resort. This has been my experience. Hope this helps.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very rarely will you see Hawaii units sitting online for instant confirmation. Usually to get Hawaii you need to put in an ongoing search.

Also many owners will not deposit 2008 units until closer to the end of the year when maintenance fees are due.

Also keep in mind that by locking off you have less trade power in each small unit than you do in the whole two bedroom unit.

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for the tips. not feeling so bad about depositing now! i will try to put a request in and see what happens.
thanks again!!

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
jerseyfresh - i have a question. it sounds like you did not get an automatic ac when you deposited in march 2007 and the ac came through in may 2007? if that is correct, did you get confirmation of hawaii before or after you received the ac? i am wondering if i should wait a while to see if i can get an ac before putting in a request for hawaii in april. thanks again! this board is amazing!!

JERSEYFRESH

Reaction score
I deposited my 3 bed unit in Marriott Frenchman's Cove in March 2007 for
an exchange for 2008. Received AC Certificate for use through March
2008 in May 2007, already booked and am using it for Nov 2007.
Just received confirmation from II for first choice week in June 2008
for Marriott Maui Ocean Club 2 bedroom unit as my exchange for 2008.
I'm delighted and new to the system but was told that best to deposit
your week first and early with II if you are certain you are not going to
your home resort. This has been my experience. Hope this helps.

Additional note my home week is Platinum Period and II took the first
week in January 2008 as my deposit first week to get the above.

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
jerseyfresh-
hi again! how did you find out you had an ac in may? did you have to call or did it show up in your account? when did you request your marriott maui ocean club? thanks again!!

JERSEYFRESH

Reaction score
Re: Ac/ Ii

I deposited first with II my 1 week at Frenchman's Cove for 2008
in March 2007. As I recall very shortly afterwards, it may have
even been within a week or two, I received an E-Mail AC automatically
from II listing the various locations where I could book a week. They
seemed to be mostly off peak various location states around the country.
I am new to this so frankly I wasn't even expecting this. At the time
of my deposit with II I also gave them three locations Maui, France,
and Spain all Marriott properties with a June 2008 time frame for weeks.
I received confrimation for Marriott Ocean Club Maui on July 3, 2007
for June 2008/a 2 bedroom unit.

jsdornic

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank so much for the information!! very helpful. this board is awesome. i hope you enjoy your trip!!

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited today my July 4th-11 MMC week and just got an AC :D It seems AC are back in business there! :whoopie: