• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Phuket Beach Club

SSSONG

Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,

Need your advise, especially from the Phuket Beach Club owners. I recently purchased a 2bd. floating platinum week. I still have three days to reconsider the purchase. In speaking with my sales rep., he was assuring me I would have no problem exchanging into any other Marriott resorts because of the high demand for the Phuket Beach Club. Has this been the experience of the PBC owners? Inputs from other owners?

Our plan is to exchange into 2-bd units in other major areas like Hawaii & Park City. We would use the PBC probably every three years.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

gailo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
More important - if you paid more than 17 K approx you should look into resale

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Even $17K is probably high. There is a Platinum week currently listed on Redweek with an asking price of $16,500.

If you are successful in reserving a popular week, such as in early January, you'll likely have a dynamite trader. Reserving the week you want is not automatic with Marriott weeks, as numerous threads on this forum will confirm.

Trading for a 2BR Marriott in Park City (at peak times) or in Hawaii won't be easy. All of those resorts are lockouts. That means that owners can divide their units into a 1BR and a studio and deposit them with II separately to get an extra week of exchange vacation. Thus, you will have a lot of competition for those few 2BR weeks that get deposited. Exchanging for a 1BR will be much easier. Exchanging for 2BR units at resorts that don’t have lockouts will also be much easier.

Lastly, since you are after a 2BR for exchanges, I'm guessing you might have school-aged children. Thus, you might be focusing on summer and other school vacation periods for your vacations. If so, keep in mind that there are many more timeshare owners who seek exchanges for those popular periods than there are weeks available.

With a great Phuket week on deposit, you'll have some success, but don't count on the perfect exchange every year. II can only confirm as an exchange what others deposit and it must consider the exchange strength of weeks deposited by others that you'll be competing against for those exchanges. That's why a specific exchange is never a certainty!

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG. If you can post the sales price (in your currency) as well as any incentives offered, we might better be able to analyze your situation.

Generally, it's "better" to buy resale and in an area where you would wish to travel to often/annually, but there are exceptions. I've noted, for Phuket, that, other than December/January, it appears quite easy to exchange into/rent.

If you have any doubts, rescind now; with Marriott, it's pretty painless. The same deal (or a better one) will be there later. The Marriott forum here on TUG has much in-depth information on the Marriott system, so take some time to read it.

Good luck!

Pat

TimeshareDee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,

Need your advise, especially from the Phuket Beach Club owners. I recently purchased a 2bd. floating platinum week. I still have three days to reconsider the purchase. In speaking with my sales rep., he was assuring me I would have no problem exchanging into any other Marriott resorts because of the high demand for the Phuket Beach Club. Has this been the experience of the PBC owners? Inputs from other owners?

Our plan is to exchange into 2-bd units in other major areas like Hawaii & Park City. We would use the PBC probably every three years.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hello, I am a Marriott owner and have stayed at this resort and absoultely love it and want to go back. I got a 2 bedroom trade there using a one bedroom that was not as desirable. I agree that although the resort also told me that it is very difficult to trade into, I find availability quite often there if you choose to go there. However, if you want to go there every year, then I would buy there, if not, I would not! We own 20 weeks of timeshares ALL OVER and I have not purchased any of them from the resorts directly, including the Marriott. There are GREAT deals out there. Please do what you feel comfortable doing, but before I spend that much in Phuket, I would buy one in Marbella Spain or another location where trading into is much more difficult and the trading power is great. I agree completely with other TUGGERs, the salespeople will always tell you its easy to trade Phuket, but it isn't as easy as others because not as many want to travel that far from the US, so the Marriott owners who have US locations would not want to go there necessarily. GOOD LUCK whatever you decide. You can email me directly if you need help. timesharedee@optonline.net

SSSONG

Reaction score
Thank you.

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I have decided to not purchase through Marriott. I will have to reconsider if I want the Marriott property or Disney. We already own Disney and have been considering Marriott.

The offer from Marriott for the Phuket Beach Club was 2-bd in the phase 2 construction for platinum week at $26,900. This also included 190,000 MR points, no closing costs, free initiation fee to II and 1st year fees, and about $500 credit at the resort to use.

Starbucks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family is owning two Gold Weeks at Phuket Beach Club since 2003 and we are really happy with it. We were always able to exchange those Gold Weeks into Platinum Season at Phuket Beach Club easily through II. However we did not try to exchange it into any other MVC yet as we really love the place and were successful using Gift of Time Weeks or ACs to get resorts in the USA or Spain. One must mention that we have no kids and therefore are quite flexible with our holiday schedule.

I second previous posters comments that it might be not the best idea to buy in Phuket if one is looking for great exchanges into holiday weeks in Hawai or Skiresorts as this could be real tough. On the other side, as Phuket Maintenance Fees and (Re-)Sales-Prices are much lower compared to other locations such as Marbella owning Phuket indeed does make sense for the price sensitive buyer who doesnt need to exchange into popular resorts within school holiday weeks, imho.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I second previous posters comments that it might be not the best idea to buy in Phuket if one is looking for great exchanges into holiday weeks in Hawai or Skiresorts as this could be real tough. On the other side, as Phuket Maintenance Fees and (Re-)Sales-Prices are much lower compared to other locations such as Marbella owning Phuket indeed does make sense for the price sensitive buyer who doesnt need to exchange into popular resorts within school holiday weeks, imho.

Unless you want to go to Orlando it's tough to exchange in to holiday weeks anywhere.

I think you should buy something stateside, that way if you reach a point in your life that a 30 hour flight :bawl: :bawl: doesn't sound appealing you can still go to your home resort.