• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer time for resale deeds

Luvthebeach23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott KoOlina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Worldmark, WKORV
I just closed on a WKORV week, just curious how long transfers are taking?

Thanks!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I have been waiting for a resale week to transfer since March 29. The closing agent told me that it would take 8 weeks, but now she says that it is taking 10-12 weeks :(.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
My Lagunamar just closed after 90 days. Now it will take Marriott another 2-3 weeks to put my purchase into the system. Way too long IMO. another example of poor customer service.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been waiting for a resale week to transfer since March 29. The closing agent told me that it would take 8 weeks, but now she says that it is taking 10-12 weeks :(.
Update: Received a "Welcome New Owner" email from Vistana yesterday, June 6, 10 weeks from March 29 closing date. Logged into my existing account, but nothing new was showing up. Closing agent told me to wait 48 hours. Today (24 hours later), one of the two reserved weeks showed up in my account (yay), plus the week now shows up in my Account Balances list. Maybe the second reserved week will show up tomorrow.

Of course, the timestamp for the first reserved week is horrible since they cancelled the 12-month out booking and rebooked it, so that's a bummer, but not unexpected.

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
Ours was at least 10 weeks . I made my salesperson try to rush it because I retroed my lagunamar resale in, and he discovered that marriott uses a closing company in Orlando called Fidelity Timeshare (I could have the name wrong) which is also used by every other big brand. The communication between Marriott and Fidelity is very minimal, I’m pretty sure these deeds are just in massive piles and they get to it when they get to it !

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
My Lagunamar just closed after 90 days. Now it will take Marriott another 2-3 weeks to put my purchase into the system. Way too long IMO. another example of poor customer service.
Curious, is your username based of the beautiful fishing village in the Baja?? One of my favorite spots !

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Curious, is your username based of the beautiful fishing village in the Baja?? One of my favorite spots !

Yes. I spent several years there. Love Mulege and the people. I made many friends forever. Fishing is the best.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Probably A LOT longer than 2-3 weeks!! I had a resale deed sent to Marriott on 4/5 that I am still waiting to be transferred into my account! They are saying 45-60 BUSINESS DAYS for any transfers now.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I received new information from title company that it will be 8-12 weeks for Marriott to finalize the escrow by putting my resale into my account. So purchased in February and September to conclude. Terrible service.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Update: Received a "Welcome New Owner" email from Vistana yesterday, June 6, 10 weeks from March 29 closing date. Logged into my existing account, but nothing new was showing up. Closing agent told me to wait 48 hours. Today (24 hours later), one of the two reserved weeks showed up in my account (yay), plus the week now shows up in my Account Balances list. Maybe the second reserved week will show up tomorrow.

Of course, the timestamp for the first reserved week is horrible since they cancelled the 12-month out booking and rebooked it, so that's a bummer, but not unexpected.
they automatically added it into your existing account?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
they automatically added it into your existing account?
Yes, the resale contract showed up in my existing account automatically, and even though the 2024 pre-reserved week didn’t show up, I successfully booked a 2024 reservation (as a test). I didn’t want the exact week that the previous owner booked, so I didn’t bother to pursue it with Owner Services.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@CPNY Were they finally able to combine your new resale deeds with your existing account? Do you pay one club fee or two?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I received new information from title company that it will be 8-12 weeks for Marriott to finalize the escrow by putting my resale into my account. So purchased in February and September to conclude. Terrible service.
Club Wyndham in comparison, 4-6 months.

Our closing on our OF Westin was about 10 weeks.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@CPNY Were they finally able to combine your new resale deeds with your existing account? Do you pay one club fee or two?
yes they combined before the end of last year but I still received a separate club fee for that non abound unit. After months of fighting, they removed the club fee and late charge since I was told to not pay anything until they corrected the issue.

As it turns out, I am in the process of selling that non-Abound unit. Had I known it wouldn't have made the "cut" for Abound enrollment, I would not have made the purchase. I used the SO this year and I am selling it for what I paid for it. I really do not need another unit.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on my purchase :
Purchase
:04/04/2023
 Closed : 94/05/2023
Documents sent to SVR:04/21/2023
60 days : between now and July 3rd

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The last two weeks I purchased have totally separate accounts. I have to log into each one of the two separately to see them. I have three log-ins for Vistana now. I don't understand the problem, nor will I ever understand the problem with adding my newest weeks to my current account. This has been going on for months now. I hope they fix it. I could easily lose track of those two 2 bedrooms at Sheraton Broadway. I hope I don't forget about them. I had to deposit them both into II because I really couldn't book anything.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting a hold of my closing agent is a pain, let alone receiving a return email.
Can't believe this is taking this long:confused:.
I have know idea how long it going to take for my 2/2 to get added :cautious:

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
OMG! I remember going to Mulege as a college student. I haven't thought of it in years! I agree. Very cute and charming. Lovely residents.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Documents sent over to Vistana in April and SBR in my account 6/27. It is part of my existing account. Thank goodness.
I'm still waiting. Mine was sent to Vistana in April . I have heard nothing. I have called and emailed, nothing, nada, zip, zilch.
My last email went to Advocate through Marriott, She said she's gonna try to find out today what's up, I'm not holding out any hope.

Update: finally showing my account, but can't make a reservation. Waiting for Vistana to call me back.

Last edited:

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I'm still waiting. Mine was sent to Vistana in April . I have heard nothing. I have called and emailed, nothing, nada, zip, zilch.
My last email went to Advocate through Marriott, She said she's gonna try to find out today what's up, I'm not holding out any hope.
My other resale sent later in April has not shown up yet so hoping soon. I just patiently wait.

Luvthebeach23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott KoOlina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Worldmark, WKORV
I emailed them about a week ago, they are saying 6 to 8 weeks from receipt of paperwork.