• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Myrtle Beach Plantation vs Palmetto

Vanhouse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
We are looking to go to Sheraton Broadway Myrtle Beach next year, can anyone recommend the Planation vs Palmetto. I see on the website the Palmetto rooms are bigger but are they older? Any recommendations would be helpful, we are looking at the one bedroom.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They are just 2 phases of the same resort. Palmetto is slightly newer but the better question is when each section was refurbished. I own in both sections and do not know the answer. My guess is that you are just as likely to get a better unit or a more worn unit in either section. You are more likely to be closer to the pool area in plantation but Palmetto might only be a building or two further away.

getaway23

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are just 2 phases of the same resort. Palmetto is slightly newer but the better question is when each section was refurbished. I own in both sections and do not know the answer. My guess is that you are just as likely to get a better unit or a more worn unit in either section. You are more likely to be closer to the pool area in plantation but Palmetto might only be a building or two further away.
II has this resort listed as Sheraton Broadway Resort STW & ST6, RCI listed as Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Both their home websites say Marriott, my question if you can help do either of the resorts offer a dual membership to both II & RCI? I did not see the name Palmetto listed anywhere with II or RCI?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
II has this resort listed as Sheraton Broadway Resort STW & ST6, RCI listed as Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Both their home websites say Marriott, my question if you can help do either of the resorts offer a dual membership to both II & RCI? I did not see the name Palmetto listed anywhere with II or RCI?
I beleive there are two HOAs at this resort, one for each phase. I don't know the legal names. Till recently it was called Sheraton Broadway Plantation but it seems that Vistana quietly renamed the resort to Sheraton Broadway Resort, probably due to not so recent social issues in the national news. The resort is dual affiliated, but if you own a week that is in VSN, you have to use II. Voluntary owners can enroll with RCI or II.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Palmetto is not associated with RCI. If you own a deed that is in the Palmetto phase it is II only. The original section/phase can enroll in either II or rci or both. You can tell if it is the older phase because the float period is different. I believe a gold plus (and you wouldn't want to own a lower season) is something like weeks 7-47 or 9 -47. If you see one that is something like weeks 19-24 and 34-45 (gold) or 25-33 (platinum) then it is the newer phase. My weeks my not be exact, I am doing it from memory and not the chart but it will give you the idea. The important part is not the week listed for deeding purposes but the actual listed float period which would let you know which phase a unit belongs. You can also look it up by the unit number to determine the phase but don't have a handy link to that either.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I know that platinum summer in Palmetto includes week 35 because I have one, and it's platinum. It was a nice surprise because the seller didn't advertise it as platinum summer. That was at least 10 years ago, when SBP was sitting online at ebay with free use and free closing costs. Not many showing up anymore. We own a bunch.

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that platinum summer in Palmetto includes week 35 because I have one, and it's platinum. It was a nice surprise because the seller didn't advertise it as platinum summer. That was at least 10 years ago, when SBP was sitting online at ebay with free use and free closing costs. Not many showing up anymore. We own a bunch.
How many is a bunch?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a minute so I looked it up.
Palmetto (II only)
24-35 platinum
15-23 and 36-42 gold plus

Original phase (rci and II)
9-43 and 47 gold plus

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I beleive there are two HOAs at this resort, one for each phase. I don't know the legal names. Till recently it was called Sheraton Broadway Plantation but it seems that Vistana quietly renamed the resort to Sheraton Broadway Resort, probably due to not so recent social issues in the national news. The resort is dual affiliated, but if you own a week that is in VSN, you have to use II. Voluntary owners can enroll with RCI or II.

A search of South Carolina business entities shows Broadway Palmetto Owners Association, Inc. and Broadway Plantation Owners' Association, Inc.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first section villas are large as I can remember

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This resort frequently pops up in searches, Getaways, ACs etc for me. I've always paused because it is not beachfront. Is there a free beach shuttle? I understand how public access to the SC beaches in MB work, but I hate fighting for parking. Any insights would be appreciated--thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

snooky44

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Sheraton BroadwaybPlantation
This resort frequently pops up in searches, Getaways, ACs etc for me. I've always paused because it is not beachfront. Is there a free beach shuttle? I understand how public access to the SC beaches in MB work, but I hate fighting for parking. Any insights would be appreciated--thanks!
No shuttle to beach but not far of a walk

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've always paused because it is not beachfront. Is there a free beach shuttle?

No shuttle to beach but not far of a walk

I used to own there, my parents live in Conway, and one of my daughters is going to Coastal Carolina University there.

It's about 1.5 miles from the villas to the beach. YMMV, but that's longer than I typically want to walk (particularly coming back), especially if you have younger kids with you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I used to own there, my parents live in Conway, and one of my daughters is going to Coastal Carolina University there.

It's about 1.5 miles from the villas to the beach. YMMV, but that's longer than I typically want to walk (particularly coming back), especially if you have younger kids with you.
Yeah, my definition of not far of a walk is maybe a block over. Much of it also through neighborhoods where sidewalks aren't all that prevalent. One also needs to consider where the public beach accesses are. I really wouldn't want to walk from Sheraton Broadway Resort to the beach.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was suspecting. Over a mile is also longer with gear in tow. I'll consider it for a more shoulder-season time, when parking closer to a beach access point won't be as much of an issue. I hope your daughter is enjoying Coastal Carolina, @scootr5. I bet this time of year, she's happy to not be in Chicago. (Of course, my daughter is applying to colleges only in the north and midwest, so there you go...)

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Thanks, that's what I was suspecting. Over a mile is also longer with gear in tow. I'll consider it for a more shoulder-season time, when parking closer to a beach access point won't be as much of an issue. I hope your daughter is enjoying Coastal Carolina, @scootr5. I bet this time of year, she's happy to not be in Chicago. (Of course, my daughter is applying to colleges only in the north and midwest, so there you go...)
The last time I was there they had a service relation with the residence Inn I think where you can park there and use the beach. But I prefer the beach up by Marriott so we go and park at the Marriott hotel and have lunch relax on the beach there.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time I was there they had a service relation with the residence Inn I think where you can park there and use the beach. But I prefer the beach up by Marriott so we go and park at the Marriott hotel and have lunch relax on the beach there.
The Marriott’s timeshare in MB you are referring to is OceanWatch..