• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Recent email announcement: Your Club Wyndham Website Update Is Coming

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Does anyone know what the "improvement" was relating to Owner Priority dates? I just tried a test booking at Sedona (which is restricted during all of 2023) and didn't see any notice about using one of my two exceptions, etc.

The improvement, to the best of my understanding, was a a proactive check when attempting to assign a GC to a new or existing reservation within any listed blackout period - will no longer be allowed unless the owner has one of their two exceptions available, or the owner has the required overlapping reservation. Prior to this change, the GC could be assigned to a blackout date based reservation where the owner had already used their two exceptions and/or no overlapping owner based reservation existed - and Wyndham reserved the right to subsequently cancel the reservation unilaterally after the fact at any point in time prior to the reservation start date. I have not actually tested whether this new functionality is in place and working. Perhaps another TUGGER will come along that has seen this new functionality in action...

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I got to the GC screen, but did not try to assign it. Thanks!

I briefly tested this item this afternoon before departing to run Thanksgiving related errands. I starting the booking process for a reservation at Sedona for early January, and was able to click to choose another person not listed on my account without issue. I don't want to burn a GC simply to run a test like this - so we'll have to wait until a TUGGER actually reports back as to whether the system prevented use of a GC during a blackout period resort reservation provided their two exceptions were already used and no overlapping owner based reservation already exists.

OddYear

Reaction score
Non-VIP owner here.

I was just trying to see if anything is available in the Express booking window. I get the "Something unexpected happened" error for reasons unknown. However, I've seen it happen only at one resort (Park City) thus far. Nothing is available for 3-4 nights' stay through Feb 2023. Once I saw 2 consecutive days available. So I clicked on the first for Check-in and the next day for Check-out just to see what was available. Got the "unexpected" error. It's probably because you need a min. 3 night stay or Wed/Sat Check-in/Check-out or something. If so, the violation of a requirement should not be hard to point out. In the old days, the error msgs while trying to make such bookings were helpful.

Another thing I noticed is that if I choose a date in the last week of a month for Check-in, the forward arrow for the next month does not always show up to select the Check-out date. If I clear the dates and go to the next month, I see that a day or two in the first week of the next month are not greyed out. So, it's not clear why the next month becomes inaccessible for some bookings.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Unfortunately I’m still not able to book in the ARP window - I get the usual “something unexpected happened” error. I’m assuming others are experiencing this same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at Myrtle Beach this morning and ARP (resale Ocean Blvd contract) isn't working for me. RARP for my developer contact doesn't either. I get the “something unexpected happened” error for both.

Snippy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Today I can log in, but it I select "modify" or "review details", I get kicked out.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
It looks like no on has posted here for a few months, so I'm not sure if I'm just opening up old wounds regarding their site but.... here I go.

Moderator, or other person in the know, I don't want to cause trouble, just looking to vent/figure out how to get the website to work better.

First I would like to say it seems silly to have a feed back or survey for the website since it launched (and I'm not talking being down for maintenance) and at least when I fill out the survey regarding my experience (almost every time i use the site) it doesn't seem like they are fixing what I am reporting (and reading from others here), is this just one of those "if we ignore them long enough they will become content with what we gave them?"
My issues with the website haven't changed since it's update.
First I would hope that they could have a message on the login page, or a pop up after logging in acknowledging that the website is still under development.

After that here are my issues, or suggested changes.
Issues:
1. Log in issues. I shouldn't have to get a text every time I log in to confirm its me, unless I'm using a browser/vpn that clears my cookies
2. Why is the load time on website so slow for almost everything, where is your sever the moon?
3. I think this is related to load time, I think they have auto log out set at 15 seconds, not 15 minutes because I seem to having to log in after already logging in, click on a resort, and re-log in, click on my account and re-log in again, etc.

Suggestions
1. Maybe it's me, but when I visit the site I'm almost always looking to plan a vacation, why isn't there a top banner bar that has search for resort on every page?
2. Speaking of search for resort, it should remember the dates and locations, not have me refresh that info right after I hit search and it takes me to a new page to search again.
3. Unless I hit clear, all searches for resorts should keep the timeframe as you move along, it seems other hotel/resort sites seem to keep the search criteria as you move along.

Ok, it doesn't seem like a lot now that I've written it down, but it's just frustrating using the site.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like no on has posted here for a few months, so I'm not sure if I'm just opening up old wounds regarding their site but.... here I go.

Moderator, or other person in the know, I don't want to cause trouble, just looking to vent/figure out how to get the website to work better.

First I would like to say it seems silly to have a feed back or survey for the website since it launched (and I'm not talking being down for maintenance) and at least when I fill out the survey regarding my experience (almost every time i use the site) it doesn't seem like they are fixing what I am reporting (and reading from others here), is this just one of those "if we ignore them long enough they will become content with what we gave them?"
First I would hope that they could have a message on the login page, or a pop up after logging in acknowledging that the website is still under development.

Issues:
1. Log in issues. I shouldn't have to get a text every time I log in to confirm its me, unless I'm using a browser/vpn that clears my cookies
2. Why is the load time on website so slow for almost everything, where is your sever the moon?
3. I think this is related to load time, I think they have auto log out set at 15 seconds, not 15 minutes because I seem to having to log in after already logging in, click on a resort, and re-log in, click on my account and re-log in again, etc.

Suggestions
1. Maybe it's me, but when I visit the site I'm almost always looking to plan a vacation, why isn't there a top banner bar that has search for resort on every page?
2. Speaking of search for resort, it should remember the dates and locations, not have me refresh that info right after I hit search and it takes me to a new page to search again.
3. Unless I hit clear, all searches for resorts should keep the timeframe as you move along, it seems other hotel/resort sites seem to keep the search criteria as you move along.

Ok, it doesn't seem like a lot now that I've written it down, but it's just frustrating using the site.
#2 use a desktop.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i'm on a MacBook pro with an M1 chip. #2 shouldn't be an issue.

Plus 500 Mbps Down 12 up

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
i'm on a MacBook pro with an M1 chip. #2 shouldn't be an issue.

Plus 500 Mbps Down 12 up

I think you nailed it. I’ve been giving pretty much the same feedback. There are many more little things that could be improved, but the ones you mentioned are the one’s that make the site most difficult to use. Another one that you didn’t mention is if you move to a different tab in the browser sometimes even for a few seconds when you go back you have to login again.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you nailed it. I’ve been giving pretty much the same feedback. There are many more little things that could be improved, but the ones you mentioned are the one’s that make the site most difficult to use. Another one that you didn’t mention is if you move to a different tab in the browser sometimes even for a few seconds when you go back you have to login again.
Oh yea, opening multiple browser tabs without getting logged out.

I know only a couple people responded to my post, and nothing before that until December 2022.
Does anyone think this thread gets to Wyndham, one way or another? Or are they content with their site?

Reaction score
Oh yea, opening multiple browser tabs without getting logged out.

I know only a couple people responded to my post, and nothing before that until December 2022.
Does anyone think this thread gets to Wyndham, one way or another? Or are they content with their site?

I think there's a person on this forum (@HitchHiker71) who is somehow in contact with their IT team and seems to relay information to them from time to time. They're probably aware of a lot of the issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be fixed quickly.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Issues:

Suggestions

These types of issues have been reported - in some cases repeatedly - over a period of the last year. I can provide some detail on each reported issue as follows:

This issue only exists for certain devices/browsers. It's often an issue for Apple devices in particular - especially the iPhone using a mobile Safari browser. I have an iPhone and this occurs on every mobile browser I use - I'm a mobile Chrome browser user these days - and this same issue happens when using Chrome as well. This has been a known issue for months and from what I have been told it's an issue that the third party MFA provider has to resolve while working with Wyndham. It remains outstanding after six months of having reported this issue.​

Other than a delay when logging in - I don't really see delays of this nature. The website leverages a third party hosted service (Adobe AEM cloud service last I knew) - i.e. a SaaS service - it's not hosted by Wyndham internally any longer.​

I believe it's set for five minutes of inactivity from what I've observed. The issues you're reporting here have to do with your cached content and cached cookies not working correctly with the website - clearing browser cache and using the system over a few sessions from that point forward will usually resolve these types of reported issues. What's likely happening is that your cached content is pulled, after which the website denies the cached content - so it sends a code back to the browser and the browser logs you out which should recache the current data in scope. If the data in the cache/cookie is out of kilter with the website - only clearing cache will resolve these types of issue unfortunately. I rarely have issues like this with the website these days personally.​

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I think there's a person on this forum (@HitchHiker71) who is somehow in contact with their IT team and seems to relay information to them from time to time. They're probably aware of a lot of the issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be fixed quickly.

Yes that pretty much sums it up nicely. :cool:

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks. I remember there was a hole bug log early on, I appreciate your work to help us out @HitchHiker71

I would add that my issues are on a newer (2020) MacBook Pro M1, all updates present using Chrome. My wife has more issues on the older MacBook air (2014?) updated as far as it can go but using Safari.

The load times from my perspective are still slow throughout, but then again they are searching data bases, so that could be part of it.

I still must say it is frustrating to get a survey regarding the website when you visit them, but it doesn't seem to improve.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
thanks. I remember there was a hole bug log early on, I appreciate your work to help us out @HitchHiker71

I would add that my issues are on a newer (2020) MacBook Pro M1, all updates present using Chrome. My wife has more issues on the older MacBook air (2014?) updated as far as it can go but using Safari.

The load times from my perspective are still slow throughout, but then again they are searching data bases, so that could be part of it.

I still must say it is frustrating to get a survey regarding the website when you visit them, but it doesn't seem to improve.

Got it - that's good info - so it's not just Apple mobile devices - it's really all Apple devices (including Macbook OS devices).

The load times for the new Holiday website are slower than the Voyager website in some cases because of all of the graphics in use. Unfortunately this is a consequence of merging the owner and non-owner websites together into a single integrated entity. Do you have a smartphone? If so, try using your smartphone browser instead. I realize this may not be your preference - but the good thing about using a mobile browser is that the new website automagically shrinks down to the mobile format - and many of the graphics are much smaller or eliminated entirely in the process - this generally results in better website performance on mobile browsers IME. The desktop browsers always load the larger graphics - which IME hurts performance somewhat. It's not necessarily a night and day difference mobile vs desktop - but I do notice the mobile user experience is a bit more tolerable. This is probably why I don't see the performance issues as much - I tend to use the mobile browser for most of what I do on the Wyndham owner website.

Regarding the owner surveys - just remember it's macro data that they are paying the most attention to. So if the majority of owners aren't complaining about performance and therefore the performance complaints are outliers - it's not going to get prioritized as a general rule.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it - that's good info - so it's not just Apple mobile devices - it's really all Apple devices (including Macbook OS devices).
I live in the Apple universe as well, but do not think the site is all that terribly slow. Logging on takes more than I'd think it could, but everything else seems to be within what I'd call "tolerable."

Just measuring a few things by hand:
  • Logging on: ~9.5 sec from entering to display of the dashboard (this feels slow)
  • Search for a particular location from dashboard: ~4.5 seconds (consistent across several searches)
  • Search from the availability calendar: ~4.2 seconds
Those aren't blisteringly fast, but they are not horrible. As a comparison, searching an area from e.g. bonvoy.com is ~3 seconds.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon
CWA
Heavenly Valley
WorldMark
I do not know if this is the correct forum for this question, but as of last night (3/14/2023), two-factor authentication seems to have disappeared. I realize two-factor authentication is a pain-in-the-neck, especially when there are two or more owners (husband/wife, etc.), but I'd rather deal with that than the potential fall-out of not having it. Has anyone heard anything about this? I've experienced so many other issues lately that I'm getting really disappointed in how IT is handling the website.... Thank you.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I do not know if this is the correct forum for this question, but as of last night (3/14/2023), two-factor authentication seems to have disappeared. I realize two-factor authentication is a pain-in-the-neck, especially when there are two or more owners (husband/wife, etc.), but I'd rather deal with that than the potential fall-out of not having it. Has anyone heard anything about this? I've experienced so many other issues lately that I'm getting really disappointed in how IT is handling the website.... Thank you.

I cannot reproduce your reported issue. I just tried logging in via my iPhone Chrome browser - and am still prompted for MFA. Perhaps you selected the "Do not challenge me on this device again" checkbox - after which you will no longer be prompted for MFA because you instructed the MFA system to trust the browser/device in question from that point forward?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon
CWA
Heavenly Valley
WorldMark
I cannot reproduce your reported issue. I just tried logging in via my iPhone Chrome browser - and am still prompted for MFA. Perhaps you selected the "Do not challenge me on this device again" checkbox - after which you will no longer be prompted for MFA because you instructed the MFA system to trust the browser/device in question from that point forward?
Thank you for that information. It is possible that somehow that box got checked. I can't figure out how to find that "Do not challenge me on this device again" checkbox so I can uncheck it. I tried all the tabs on the right side but it seems hidden. I apologize for taking your time on this, but if you happen to know how I can find that little box, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thank you for that information. It is possible that somehow that box got checked. I can't figure out how to find that "Do not challenge me on this device again" checkbox so I can uncheck it. I tried all the tabs on the right side but it seems hidden. I apologize for taking your time on this, but if you happen to know how I can find that little box, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks.

I'm not aware of any configuration option to manage the trusted devices on the website. This should be there to be honest - but it's not. The only method I'm aware of is to call into Wyndham Owner Care and ask them to reset your entire MFA profile - after which you essentially have to start over. With the long waiting times (unless you are VIP and use the dedicate VIP phone line), it's likely not worth it. You likely checked the box at some point - and the device you are currently using is now trusted. The other thing you could try is to clear your browser cache and try again - sometimes this will result in the MFA prompt re-appearing for the device/browser in question.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect you can untrust the device by deleting the cookies associated with the Club Wyndham website?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Trying another computer or your cell phone or even just another browser should prompt you again. You could go incognito and it will want you to authenticate again. Assuming it's set up.

Verified -- I'm using chrome and don't have to authenticate every time. I opened a new incognito window and was prompted to verify.
1678816318186.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon
CWA
Heavenly Valley
WorldMark
I'm not aware of any configuration option to manage the trusted devices on the website. This should be there to be honest - but it's not. The only method I'm aware of is to call into Wyndham Owner Care and ask them to reset your entire MFA profile - after which you essentially have to start over. With the long waiting times (unless you are VIP and use the dedicate VIP phone line), it's likely not worth it. You likely checked the box at some point - and the device you are currently using is now trusted. The other thing you could try is to clear your browser cache and try again - sometimes this will result in the MFA prompt re-appearing for the device/browser in question.
Clearing cookies worked! I have two-factor authentication back. Many thanks for everyone's help!!

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Now if only I could get *rid* of MFA! I think it is a known issue that
the checkbox never/rarely works on Apple devices like my Macbook and iPad,
or for that matter on my Android phone. Chrome/Safari/Firefox/whatever;
doesn't seem to matter. I hear the checkbox *does* work in MSFT environments.

Grr. The extra step on my personal devices has really become an annoyance;
thank heavens I initially selected Email MFA (not cell SMS) so that I can use
it on an airplane, or elsewhere out of cellular signal range!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Seems to be website issues this afternoon. I've tried multiple devices and browsers. It's slow logging in and navigating, and when I look at my upcoming vacations if I select one particular one it boots me back to the login screen again.