• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid is still with us…

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re doing our snowbird stay on the Big Island. We’ve tended to enjoy outdoor events and beach activities.

One of our guests started feeling generally unwell on Sunday, thought he caught a cold. By yesterday afternoon, three of us tested Covid positive, when I started feeling quite ill as the day progressed. So we’re all stuck inside for now.

Where were we exposed… who knows… Costco, the KTA store, Long’s?? It can sure ruin a good week.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I'm sorry to hear you are all sick with it. I hope you have easy recoveries.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We’re doing our snowbird stay on the Big Island. We’ve tended to enjoy outdoor events and beach activities.

One of our guests started feeling generally unwell on Sunday, thought he caught a cold. By yesterday afternoon, three of us tested Covid positive, when I started feeling quite ill as the day progressed. So we’re all stuck inside for now.

Where were we exposed… who knows… Costco, the KTA store, Long’s?? It can sure ruin a good week.
Thanks for the reminder. We are here now, no one is wearing masks and good to keep in mind and at least try to avoid close contact in crowds.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Thanks for the reminder. We are here now, no one is wearing masks and good to keep in mind and at least try to avoid close contact in crowds.
Well we still wear masks in elevators, on buses, in planes, in stores, in theatres, walking outside when in a crowd. Unfortunately you really can't wear one when eating and drinking at a restaurant so that is one area where we fail but we usually eat at outside restaurants. We try to live our lives like before Covid but do take the precauions we can do.

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we still wear masks in elevators, on buses, in planes, in stores, in theatres, walking outside when in a crowd. Unfortunately you really can't wear one when eating and drinking at a restaurant so that is one area where we fail but we usually eat at outside restaurants. We try to live our lives like before Covid but do take the precauions we can do.

I admit that we had relaxed a bit too much it seems… not masking in indoor spaces is probably what did us in.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

No loss of taste or smell?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you all recover very soon. Safe travels and try to enjoy the view at least from your balcony.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my world there are lots of sick people at the moment with all kinds of things. I am recovering from a horrific cold that wound up rupturing my eardrum.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my world there are lots of sick people at the moment with all kinds of things. I am recovering from a horrific cold that wound up rupturing my eardrum.
So sorry you had that happen to you. hope you feel better and heal up real soon. :)

FirstMarie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I admit that we had relaxed a bit too much it seems… not masking in indoor spaces is probably what did us in.
It's hard to mask when you're not in your usual environment & no one else is wearing one. We have seen one person in Myrtle Beach wearing a mask indoors & it's hard because it's so polarizing & I just want to blend and have a boring vacation. But your circumstance won't be for naught, I'll be braver & strap mine on. I hope you feel well enough until you get well. Take it easy.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of ten people in my book group, three have Covid and two of their spouses do as well. Seems like more and more people I know are contracting it again. Hope @DianeG feels better soon.

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
No loss of taste or smell?

Unfortunately both, which for me is a real bummer - I hope that I will recover those.
We’re in Day 4 of isolating (Day 0 was Tuesday,) and I just spent my first night fever and acetaminophen free. I’m also breathing better. My husband has had an easier time, and his fever broke quickly. Our guest is also on the mend. We were last boosted in September, so I assume that helped (no ‘cooker’ comments to that please.)

However, it looks like no one else but us is bothering to isolate anymore, been told to “just head out and enjoy being in Hawaii”! I guess I owe a thank you (not!) to those who think this way… no wonder that we’re not seeing the end of this yet. Thing is, there are a lot of vulnerable kupuna here, so we fully intend to do our time and mask up when we start going out again.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
By yesterday afternoon, three of us tested Covid positive, when I started feeling quite ill as the day progressed. So we’re all stuck inside for now.

Unfortunately both, which for me is a real bummer - I hope that I will recover those.
Oh, that's just terrible! I do hope you all recover well.
It always sucks to be sick. But it's somehow just so much worse when you're on vacation.

However, it looks like no one else but us is bothering to isolate anymore, been told to “just head out and enjoy being in Hawaii”! I guess I owe a thank you (not!) to those who think this way… no wonder that we’re not seeing the end of this yet. Thing is, there are a lot of vulnerable kupuna here, so we fully intend to do our time and mask up when we start going out again.
So frustrating and irresponsible. It's smart to isolate with ANY communicable disease. People are just totally throwing caution to the wind these days and spreading everything. It makes me angry.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It always sucks to be sick. But it's somehow just so much worse when you're on vacation.

So frustrating and irresponsible. It's smart to isolate with ANY communicable disease. People are just totally throwing caution to the wind these days and spreading everything. It makes me angry.
:-\

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sense of smell pretty much came back after about 10 days (thank goodness!), but I still tire very quickly if we are out and about - no stamina at all 3 weeks later! My lungs are still compromised (easily end up with bouts of coughing), and now worried about catching another type of respiratory bug for which I will not have any reserves.

Still afraid to go into indoor spaces where tourists congregate. Then came across this article yesterday:

The brief version: the vacation is more important, as is not spending/losing money to do the right thing. ‍

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

These days? It's always been this way. Rode public transportation to work the majority of my career and used to hear coughing, sneezing continuously on the train.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sense of smell pretty much came back after about 10 days (thank goodness!), but I still tire very quickly if we are out and about - no stamina at all 3 weeks later! My lungs are still compromised (easily end up with bouts of coughing), and now worried about catching another type of respiratory bug for which I will not have any reserves.

Still afraid to go into indoor spaces where tourists congregate. Then came across this article yesterday:

The brief version: the vacation is more important, as is not spending/losing money to do the right thing. ‍
This article. I just can't.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We managed to stay COVID free all this time - we figured the worst must be over since the government is ending its watch. We went on a cruise last week and my husband got sick on the way home - got really ill- went to the hospital - surprise. He has managed to give it to my daughter and I as well as both dogs. I am so, so pissed.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We managed to stay COVID free all this time - we figured the worst must be over since the government is ending its watch. We went on a cruise last week and my husband got sick on the way home - got really ill- went to the hospital - surprise. He has managed to give it to my daughter and I as well as both dogs. I am so, so pissed.
Sorry He is sick and hope He recovers. Never trust, but verify all Sources before traveling.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
The dogs have Covid?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well getting COVID right now would just do me right in. I am so weak from surgery and having to get any nutrients I can find in clear liquids. I don’t think I could be more depleted and then the dreaded montezumas revenge got me. Only six more days and I can have some soup

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The dogs have Covid?
I haven’t had them tested obviously, but they both are having the runs all over the house all of a sudden, and acting lethargic just like us, so adding two and two makes four to me. They are rarely sick, (and when they are they usually vomit) and never at the same time. It would be a very strange coincidence in my mind if both dogs being sick at the same time were unrelated to the humans being ill. So mostly I am pissed that I have to run the carpet cleaner while I’m sick because of this whole ordeal. Also had to cancel big plans for this weekend so that’s why I am so mad.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who are you mad at?

Status
Not open for further replies.