• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

200,000 points for $1,700 - has to be some trapdoors, right?

tdskip

Reaction score
Good morning and thanks in advance for the coaching. Looking at resale units and have seen quite a few where 200,000 points annual use with around $1,500 in maintenance fees are listed for under $2,000.

Obviously the details require digging into but that seems like an awful lot of points to use for that acquisition price.

Saw several 1,000,0000 point units for under $20,000 which was a bit eye opening as well.

Could someone take me to school here on what I should be aware of before I convince myself I'm being clever?

Thanks!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Are you sure they are WorldMark credits and not Wyndham points? The numbers sound more like Wyndham points to me - you'll get better and more informed responses in that forum rather than here.

tdskip

Reaction score
Ah - see, I'm pretty clueless still. Thanks pointing me in the right direction.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'm convinced that you're clever because you checked on here before buying any of those....

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Good morning and thanks in advance for the coaching. Looking at resale units and have seen quite a few where 200,000 points annual use with around $1,500 in maintenance fees are listed for under $2,000.

Obviously the details require digging into but that seems like an awful lot of points to use for that acquisition price.

Saw several 1,000,0000 point units for under $20,000 which was a bit eye opening as well.

Could someone take me to school here on what I should be aware of before I convince myself I'm being clever?

Thanks!
I consider those prices rather high for 200,000 points, to be honest. I have some 203,000 point contracts at Kingsgate I am giving away, and no takers. My fees are lower as well. Look at the Bargain Deals forum. I also have a couple of big Smoky Mountains contracts I am giving away as well.

Welcome to TUG.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Ah - see, I'm pretty clueless still. Thanks pointing me in the right direction.
In Worldmark the currency is credits and common accounts for a 1 week 2 bedroom stay are 10,000-12,000 credits. For Wyndham they are points and a 2 BR 1 week stay can be 168,000 to 300,000 points. To make things more confusing there are some resorts that have both WM and Wyndham units. Wyndham manages Worldmark but does not own it. If you are buying Worldmark its very simply and generous with extras (rent credits, bonus time, etc.). If you are buying Wyndham you need to decide if you want deeded weeks, Club Wyndham Select points which are also deeded or Club Wyndham Access points where are RTU's. Wyndham is bigger on the East Coast and Worldmark is bigger on the west coast. Take your time and do lots of research and start small to ensure you like the product before over committing in it. WMOWNERS.COM is another great resource for you. Worldmark fees are restricted to a maximum of 5% per year increase or inflation rate. I don't think Wyndham has any limits.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It is true that Wyndham doesn't have limits for increases in MF's, but mostly we have been pretty satisfied with the increases that have been very reasonable over the years. We do love WorldMark.
I don't think Wyndham has any limits.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is true that Wyndham doesn't have limits for increases in MF's, but mostly we have been pretty satisfied with the increases that have been very reasonable over the years. We do love WorldMark.
Good to know. Their MFs for CWS are all over the place from excellent to extreme. Do you own both? If so, which one do you prefer or would buy more of?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to know. Their MFs for CWS are all over the place from excellent to extreme. Do you own both? If so, which one do you prefer or would buy more of?
I am not in the market to buy at all, but the Kingsgate 238K points are a great value per 1,000 points. I have the fees posted on the Wyndham forum. I have a bunch of mine listed there.

Bali Hai UDI is still the bargain of the entire timeshare world, and we are lucky to own a few million developer points. We converted from PAHIO weeks very cheaply. I lucked into that. I had no clue Wyndham was taking over, we just bought some Bali Hai weeks resale and suddenly we hit hte mother lode. No exaggerations. Pure luck or some other explanation as to why I would buy a bunch of Bali Hai, I don't know.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Check out www.wmowners.com/forum. This is a Worldmark Site by WM Owners. There are WM Accounts for sale. I suggest about 20,000 Credits. With WM there are also cash options once you are a Member - Bonus Time, Inventory Specials, and Mondqy Madness.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Check out www.wmowners.com/forum. This is a Worldmark Site by WM Owners. There are WM Accounts for sale. I suggest about 20,000 Credits. With WM there are also cash options once you are a Member - Bonus Time, Inventory Specials, and Mondqy Madness.
For the OP. You can also combine accounts, so you could start with 10-12,000 and always add more. MFs per credit go down when you buy more and combine.