• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound Owners Sweepstakes [MERGED]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Make sure you don't have ad blockers turned on. I noticed the ad blocker blocks the "advertisement" tile for the sweepstakes when looking at the homepage.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I'm looking forward to visiting the ex-Vistana properties in Mexico, Hawaii, and the Caribbean. Sure there are some dogs in there...but the same can be said for MVC. I've no idea if there will be more or less competition for desirable properties - we'll see if/when ex-Vistana owners start to elect their weeks in large numbers.

I haven't seen any big changes in MVC's cash valuation of DPs since the merger - it continues to hover around 35 cents/point. Admittedly this is only looking at hotels, resort credits, airline points and the like - I've never looked at Collette or cruises. In the past two years I've used a number of DPs trapped in holding (due to COVID) for hotels and resort credits. Knock on wood this won't be an issue moving forward, but as @Dean wrote, converting points to 'cash' only makes sense in limited situations.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. May I ask what level of ownership you are? I'm Executive, so maybe I'm being unrealistic about my expectations. Yesterday I tried to book various Hawaiian, Mexican and Caribbean properties at varying times throughout the year and came up with nothing.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. May I ask what level of ownership you are? I'm Executive, so maybe I'm being unrealistic about my expectations. Yesterday I tried to book various Hawaiian, Mexican and Caribbean properties at varying times throughout the year and came up with nothing.
The problem is that there is comparatively little ex-Vistana inventory in the trust and so we are/will be relying on Vistana owners to elect their weeks to see point availability. The flip side is that they won't be booking MVC until they elect their weeks.

Someone started a thread that to track Vistana trust inventory...but it hasn't been refreshed recently (to my knowledge).

curitiba_tapley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott's Harbor Lake
Club Wyndham Access
Trying to figure out if an email I received - claiming to be from the Abound Sweepstakes is legit. The email came from @helloworldfulfilment.com indicating that I had won something in the Abound Sweepstakes. However, to claim the prize I need to verify some information. The link in the email takes me to a a website: https://marriottvacationclub.promo.eprize.com/ - looks like it is just asking for address information - still looking for guidance. Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Trying to figure out if an email I received - claiming to be from the Abound Sweepstakes is legit. The email came from @helloworldfulfilment.com indicating that I had won something in the Abound Sweepstakes. However, to claim the prize I need to verify some information. The link in the email takes me to a a website: https://marriottvacationclub.promo.eprize.com/ - looks like it is just asking for address information - still looking for guidance. Thanks.
You need to be logged into the website before clicking the link. It is legitimate.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Anybody win anything yet?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We won 500 plus points OR 11,200 Bonvoy points. Guess they tell us which it is later. Still waiting
The rules for the contest say it’s PlusPoints for everyone that owns something eligible for Club Points and Bonvoy points for anyone else. It’s not obvious how a non-owner would win, though, unless it’s to cover someone who sells theirs after winning but before getting the prize.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won the same thing this morning! We are owners of a resale week that isn’t enrolled so would be getting the Bonvoy points. Super happy to finally have won something after playing every day.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HelloWorld is a legitimate third-party sweepstakes redemption company. It's the company that ran the ANA sweepstakes that I won a few years ago.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The rules for the contest say it’s PlusPoints for everyone that owns something eligible for Club Points and Bonvoy points for anyone else. It’s not obvious how a non-owner would win, though, unless it’s to cover someone who sells theirs after winning but before getting the prize.
I have access to an MVC post 2010 resale account, they have the same contest link on the homepage.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have access to an MVC post 2010 resale account, they have the same contest link on the homepage.
Didn’t know that. I suppose that would be true for non-VSN Vistana week owners, too.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’m a winner of a 2 year platinum membership with Interval. Cool that I’m a winner but doubt the membership will get used. My enrolled weeks get exchanged for points when not used and it doesn’t make sense to trade my Maui Weeks.

What else can I do with the Interval membership? Maybe I’ll split my week and deposit the studios. Still seems like a poor option as the studios could rent for $2000+ on their own.

Attachments

• DC73A991-AE19-4950-B570-AD41B2CF5B12.png
    DC73A991-AE19-4950-B570-AD41B2CF5B12.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 41

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Looks like I’m a winner of a 2 year platinum membership with Interval. Cool that I’m a winner but doubt the membership will get used. My enrolled weeks get exchanged for points when not used and it doesn’t make sense to trade my Maui Weeks.

What else can I do with the Interval membership? Maybe I’ll split my week and deposit the studios. Still seems like a poor option as the studios could rent for $2000+ on their own.
Ask them if you can trade for a different gift....like some Abound points.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Getaways are cheaper when you're platinum.

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've played daily and all I have is entries to the weekly / grand prize.

Attachments

• 1676400845180.png
    1676400845180.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 22

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've played daily and all I have is entries to the weekly / grand prize.
I haven't played *every* day...but that is all I've won as well. Hats off to those who have done better...

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2 x 500 Abound PlusPoints, 1 x 1,000 Bonvoy points, and a Shutterfly photo book for me so far. Haven't received any of them yet.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
2 x 500 Abound PlusPoints, 1 x 1,000 Bonvoy points, and a Shutterfly photo book for me so far. Haven't received any of them yet.
Wow....good for you. So far, I'm just an add'l entry "winner" like most.

Do you have a secret....play early in the day, late in the day, start in lower right corner, etc? ;-)