• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tron Preview email has been sent

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an upcoming “eligible“ DVC stay or AP check your email for registration dates

Attachments

• 68813A59-AF98-48D1-B33F-AF2AA314E0AE.jpeg
    68813A59-AF98-48D1-B33F-AF2AA314E0AE.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 24

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I received the AP email but not the DVC one. Will have to ask husband….he gets them and I don’t. We won’t be going again until May. On snother note, I heard the Epcot MM was really good this time.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another preview option is with d23 if not DVC or AP. Tickets go on sale 2/15 for 3/18 preview.

My DD is besides herself that we can't do this - going on the Wish, she actually asked me to move the cruise - ah...nope.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another preview option is with d23 if not DVC or AP. Tickets go on sale 2/15 for 3/18 preview.

My DD is besides herself that we can't do this - going on the Wish, she actually asked me to move the cruise - ah...nope.
Give her a hug from me…

They changed it for this one compared to the Guardians Preview ( must be staying on your DVC membership or cash stay through MS ) I will be there on on an II exchange so I am as of now excluded from DVC previews.

On a good note though my prediction was dead on accurate- my exchange was exactly the right timeframe…

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Disney is charging for previews now? (you mentioned "on sale"). I am sure they probably could and people would pay it, but we shouldn't give them anymore ideas.

Move the cruise for a 30 second ride on a coaster? The coaster will still be there when the cruise is over.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is charging for previews now? (you mentioned "on sale"). I am sure they probably could and people would pay it, but we shouldn't give them anymore ideas.

Move the cruise for a 30 second ride on a coaster? The coaster will still be there when the cruise is over.

Kinda, yes. But, not really. Cost is $57. It covers your parking, 6pm entry into the park, unlimited rides on Tron, refreshments and you commemorative keepsake.
Typically these events sell out in seconds, very limited number of tickets.

And yes.....NOT moving the cruise, told the kiddo the same thing, Tron will be there next trip.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC and AP holder. Received Email as an AP holder only.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Kinda, yes. But, not really. Cost is $57. It covers your parking, 6pm entry into the park, unlimited rides on Tron, refreshments and you commemorative keepsake.
Typically these events sell out in seconds, very limited number of tickets.

And yes.....NOT moving the cruise, told the kiddo the same thing, Tron will be there next trip.
So the $57 seems to only apply to D23? DVC and AP wouldn't be charged?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
So the $57 seems to only apply to D23? DVC and AP wouldn't be charged?
Correct. The D23 event is open to D23 Gold members only, and as noted above those events generally sell out in seconds if not milliseconds. For GotG the D23 event was more expensive and included more than just “refreshments” and a “gift,” although I can’t remember specifics now (we couldn’t go).

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. The D23 event is open to D23 Gold members only, and as noted above those events generally sell out in seconds if not milliseconds. For GotG the D23 event was more expensive and included more than just “refreshments” and a “gift,” although I can’t remember specifics now (we couldn’t go).

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I knew the D23 GotG preview involved a lot more than the Tron one does. IIRC, it cost more too!
Not by much on the outlay it was $35 for GotG but ya got a $20 food gift card..

To be honest if I want flying in this tomorrow for Moonlight Magic with another upcoming full trip in 2weeks I would have jumped on this offer, I expect the cost of the ILL to be pretty high for the remainder of the year my prediction is $30 range all summer-

but even the dog would disown me if I went to this one. I was kinda shocked they didn’t have one for runaway train in DLR

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if securing a DVC or AP preview messes with your existing park reservation? Or can you just go to both parks when they open?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if securing a DVC or AP preview messes with your existing park reservation? Or can you just go to both parks when they open?
In the past it did not - the preview does not require a reservation ( but does require VALID admission ie- pixie pass can’t go on a Saturday )
For example we had park reservations in MK last and just left and headed over to Epcot about an hour before our preview- I did have a printed copy of my confirmation just in case but didn’t need it.

- good luck gotta say if you got both emails I am a little jealous

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past it did not - the preview does not require a reservation ( but does require VALID admission ie- pixie pass can’t go on a Saturday )
For example we had park reservations in MK last and just left and headed over to Epcot about an hour before our preview- I did have a printed copy of my confirmation just in case but didn’t need it.

Thank you...I had thought as much but wanted confirmation from someone who actually did it before messing up our existing park reservation.

- good luck gotta say if you got both emails I am a little jealous

I will be shocked if we get to use either...we're arriving at WDW just before Tron opens with no way to change our travel plans. But forewarned is forearmed and now that I know I won't be messing up our park (and thus dining) reservations I will give it a go.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you...I had thought as much but wanted confirmation from someone who actually did it before messing up our existing park reservation.

I will be shocked if we get to use either...we're arriving at WDW just before Tron opens with no way to change our travel plans. But forewarned is forearmed and now that I know I won't be messing up our park (and thus dining) reservations I will give it a go.

good luck

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
saw it yesterday (well, the parts that were outside) from tomorrowland...looked very fast for a disney ride! and got a bit of a rundown from our tour guide (cast member whos been on it). she wasnt a fan for two reasons. one being it was a VERY short ride, and the other that the "bike" locks in both of your legs which she found extremely uncomfortable both physically and mentally.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
saw it yesterday (well, the parts that were outside) from tomorrowland...looked very fast for a disney ride! and got a bit of a rundown from our tour guide (cast member whos been on it). she wasnt a fan for two reasons. one being it was a VERY short ride, and the other that the "bike" locks in both of your legs which she found extremely uncomfortable both physically and mentally.
Tour guide? Someone is getting the VIP treatment!!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unless they were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour or another backstage tour (those are a little more affordable for us!).

I’ve also read that it’s very short and that the most exciting part is what you see outside. I’ve watched an online video showing the restraints and how to get into them, and they do look uncomfortable for larger calves.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So...in another forum someone answered my question and said that while it didn't mess with her MK park reservation, "It did mess with my Genie+ the day of my Guardians ride… I couldn’t use Genie+ in Magic Kingdom that day until after my Guardians ride in EPCOT so it wasn’t worth it and they gave me my money back for Genie+"

Food for thought

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, we did the VIP tour for the day at magic kingdom.

was very cool, not sure id say it was worth the cost, but very cool nonetheless! will say that we were able to ride just about every single thing in MK we wanted to (that a 5yo could ride) with practically zero wait!

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The AP Preview is March 4-12. Ah well...

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband just looked at his email yesterday - he only looks at it every few days - he did receive the DVC email. I did not even think of asking him when I received my AP email. It makes no difference, we are not there during the preview.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
So...in another forum someone answered my question and said that while it didn't mess with her MK park reservation, "It did mess with my Genie+ the day of my Guardians ride… I couldn’t use Genie+ in Magic Kingdom that day until after my Guardians ride in EPCOT so it wasn’t worth it and they gave me my money back for Genie+"

Food for thought
Yeah we had no issues with using genie + or DAS during guardians preview- our reservation that day was MK…

**********side note did anyone else get a spot********

we are going with the AP preview- seems this time around DVC could only go with points reservation or reservations made through MS ( DVC discounted cash stay ) lots of unhappy owners with the changes