• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ritz-Carlton Club St. Thomas

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Does anyone have up-to-date photos of the units here? I saw this posting, but not sure if units have been updated since?

Thanks!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was there < 1 year ago, looks about right. It was beautiful. Can't wait to go back there.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Here you go - 2 BR Residence pictures from last April.

Ritz Carlton photos

Edited to add: let me know if the link doesn’t work - it’s acting a bit funky on my iPhone right now.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does this resort close for Hurricane Season? I was looking to add a week before or after my St John week and those weeks aren't even in the MVC points chart. Does anyone know why?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They do close for certain periods that are listed on the bottom right of the points chart. It's not completely aligned with hurricane season.

Accommodations will be unavailable during the following dates, which are subject
to change:
2-BDRM Suites: May 12–May 25, Aug 18–Nov 9
2-BDRM: Apr 29–May 26, Aug 19–Nov 10
3-BDRM: Apr 29–May 26, Aug 19–Nov 10

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. No photos. But, was there in mid December for the second time. Still beautiful and great service. Bring your reef shoes. Getting into the water is a painful experience. Lots of rocks. Once past them everything is good.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Here you go - 2 BR Residence pictures from last April.

Ritz Carlton photos

Edited to add: let me know if the link doesn’t work - it’s acting a bit funky on my iPhone right now.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work, but it may be on my end. No worries though, thank you!

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Separate question: how is availability here? Is it still very hard to book at 13 months out?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Separate question: how is availability here? Is it still very hard to book at 13 months out?

It probably somewhat depends on when you want to go. Peak season in the Caribbean is Winter (Jan-March) and Summer school break is also always in pretty high demand. It's easier to book than Ritz Tahoe (which is near impossible), but you need to be there at 13 months out. Inventory usually doesn't last long.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the above is accurate. When I look at the availability calendar for the Ritz St Thomas, it seems that we can only book 6 months out. I am Chairman Club so I should be able to see all availability.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the above is accurate. When I look at the availability calendar for the Ritz St Thomas, it seems that we can only book 6 months out. I am Chairman Club so I should be able to see all availability.
Ritz Carlton should come under the 13 months 1+ night booking for Chairman’s Club.
St Thomas has a 3 night minimum stay requirement though, as in the footnote 5.

F6F31838-FB15-4DF1-B659-9BD135E386E2.jpeg

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

I see what you are saying regarding what you can see now, and it does look odd that you can't see a single broken night anywhere post 6 months out (which you would not be able to book anyway due to the min stay requirement).

It's possible that there are other minimum stay "hidden restrictions" that apply here. In particular, they will (too) often not show any availability if the stay does not include one or two weekend nights, and it all falls under the clause that allows them to impose minimum stay restrictions anywhere, anytime, as they see fit. When you combine such restrictions who low availability to begin with, it may just seem that nothing is available.

The above paragraph is probably confusing so let me illustrate what I mean. NCV has no "official" minimum stay requirement (no resorts do, besides Ritz St. Thomas). It's an all-2BR resort so let's first agree that if you see availability for 5 nights then you should also see availability for 3 nights, right? Well... not always. See in the example below how you can book 5 nights for March 14 and March 29, but not 3 nights.... These restrictions are very common and not advertised anywhere. In the example below they occur both within and outside the 60-day window. Most people who look for 3 nights and don't see availability, will not bother searching for 5 nights anyway because it's not what they want and it's not even intuitive to do (you may look for 1 or 2 nights, but not 5 nights if 3 nights are not available). This kind of goes against the "book 1+ nights at 13 months" but they may be applied by MVC often and most of us never observe it.

So, this might explain what you see (or don't see) beyond 6 months out...

1674662230392.png
1674662177002.png

Last edited:

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the RC releases availability at six months out on the first of the month. IOW, if you want to visit in December, search on June 1.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
It’s my understanding that the RC releases availability at six months out on the first of the month. IOW, if you want to visit in December, search on June 1.

They also release inventory at 13 months out. Except that now 13 months out is February 2024 and I wouldn't expect that inventory for what is Platinum season in the Caribbean to last more than a few minutes, at best.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ritz Carlton also deposits in ThirdHome. Not so much that it seems like bulk deposits, but I’m not sure it’s all owned inventory.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All these observations that inventory is released at 13 months and there could possibly be hidden rules at Ritz St Thomas is all theoretical speculation or even the written rules. What I am reporting about Ritz St Thomas is how the website actually works.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
All these observations that inventory is released at 13 months and there could possibly be hidden rules at Ritz St Thomas is all theoretical speculation or even the written rules. What I am reporting about Ritz St Thomas is how the website actually works.

I actually provided evidence above of how the website works with these "hidden restrictions". That's something you can verify right now.

What you are suggesting is that because you can't see any inventory past 6 months, then no inventory is released at 13 or 12 months or anytime before 6 months. That conclusion is not something you can immediately draw, and it contradicts other tuggers' experiences, including my own.

We're going there this summer and I booked the reservation last summer. Maybe things changed in the past 6 months, but I wouldn't draw that conclusion just because you can't see anything available. Below is a link to a thread from 2019 that discusses others' experiences with booking this resort. 13 months inventory is not always reliable, but plenty have seen it before.

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at inventory for July. Can anyone explain the difference in the rooms? Seems to be two unique two bedroom options

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at inventory for July. Can anyone explain the difference in the rooms? Seems to be two unique two bedroom options
There are two different 2BRs, the villa and the suite. Floorplans follow below...

RCC StThom 2BR.jpg
RCC StThom 2BR Suite.jpg