• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hapimag

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I'm interested in doing annual European vacations of 3-4 weeks duration. I've been looking at Hapimag and had a few questions for current owners:
  • How did you buy your shares? Owner resale? A broker?
  • How many shares did you buy?
  • Have you been happy with the availability of resorts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I didn't know there were any Hapimag owners here on Tug.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you do a search for "Hapimag" there are a number of threads that come up.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hapimag is the only points system I have ever even considered buying in, and while I have visited their resort on Castle Hill in Budapest, I have never been a member.

Buying cheap resales is difficult with Hapimag due to their buyback program. I did some research some years ago and did not find any real deals out there, although I have not looked recently.

There is at least one regular on this board who is a Hapimag owner who can probably give you more information.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Buying cheap resales is difficult with Hapimag due to their buyback program. I did some research some years ago and did not find any real deals out there, although I have not looked recently.
Thanks Carolinian. It appears Hapimag has recently established a resale marketplace at their website where owners can post a listing for shares and let the negotiations begin. I don't know whether this has replaced their buyback program or is a supplement to it. I've also found German brokers in Hapimag shares. Germans own about 60% of the shares.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
You are also able to register and then make up to three reservations with cash to try out the system.

Melhux

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
I own Hapimag and am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Will PM you my contact info.
Hi, I have recently stumbled upon Hapimag. We are tossing around areas in Europe we would are interested in traveling to. Are you satisfied with Hapimag? Do you think you are saving money (most important to me)? What star would you give most of the properties?

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
So I'm now the owner of one Hapimag share, entitled to 60 residence points per year at an annual charge of EUR327. It's easy to purchase a share on the Hapimag Marketplace. Each share provides the owner the option to buy up to 120 additional residence points on the Hapimag Points Platform. All residence points have an expiry date five years from the date of issue.

Jez2Go

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a HGVC
Craigendarroch Suites, a HGVC
The Central at 5th, a Hilton Club
@Maple_Leaf Happy to hear of your success! I'm interested in buying a share. But before I do, could you or @mpizza tell me how far out in advance you have to book for accommodations, and how many points are needed for an average one bedroom booking for a week. The website gives examples, but I'm not sure I understand it fully. I'm used to seeing points chart. Is there a website/pdf that you can refer me to that lists out points for each resort? Thanks in advance!

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
You can book out about 14 months in advance. There's no points chart per se. Also, Hapimag prices units in a combination of points and euros. The points portion is meant to cover fixed costs for the system while the euro portion covers local variable costs e.g. labour and unique facilities. Examples:
- Paris, 1 BR, 1 week, May 2024, 105 points 413 euros.
- Athens, 1 BR, 1 week, May 2024, 77 points 322 euros.
- Cefalu, 1 BR, 1 week, May 2024, 42 points 387 euros.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
As the Hapimag fiscal year-end approaches on April 30 it is an opportune time to purchase extra points that expire after April 30. For example, a London check-in say April 25 2024 can utilize these points that expire April 30 even if the stay extends into May. I just purchased extra points that expire April 30 for EUR 1.30 per point. I made the reservation using 2025 points but after the points purchase these 2024 points I just bought were automatically substituted into the reservation for the 2025 points. With the points marketplace Hapimag has created an excellent way for owners to monetize expiring points and for travelers at fiscal year-end to get great deals.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
I plan to eventually try some cash bookings with Hapimag once I get all the US timeshare stays out of my system lol. It looks pretty compelling to me.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
For those who are interested, here's some info I found on Hapimag's website.

Try out Hapimag (Book up to three stays, no obligations) - https://www.hapimag.com/en-gb/try-out-hapimag/

Common questions
Q: How can I try out Hapimag?
A: You can try Hapimag with no obligation and book up to 3 holiday apartments over a period of 24 months. Register with Hapimag and book your first holiday apartment in one of our resorts right away.
Q: At which can I try out Hapimag?
A: All our holiday apartments and all our resorts are available for you to try out. Only our houseboats can exclusively be booked by members only.
Q: Can I try out Hapimag more than 3 times?
A: Up to 3 holidays are possible when trying us out. If you want to continue spending your holidays with Hapimag, you can buy your first share and become a member.
Q: How do I become a member?
A: You can become a member at any time and buy your first share on our Hapimag Marketplace or via customer service. The marketplace works like a classifieds platform: Hapimag members offer shares for sale and the transaction happens directly between you and the selling member.
Q: What if I don’t like the experience?
A: You can stop trying out Hapimag at any time. If Hapimag is not the right choice for you, no further actions are necessary from your side. However, we would appreciate your feedback so that we can learn from it and improve.

YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/@hapimag/featured

Leverage the Hapimag business model for growth by gaining new customers [Points Platform and the Marketplace]
Hapimag News – Dec 2022 [Welcome, Renovation Projects, Website, Marketing to Third Parties and Economic Situation)

How does it work and how much does it cost?
Strategy, Money and Shares - https://www.hapimag.com/en-gb/members
Membership (Buy a Share) - https://www.hapimag.com/en-gb/membership/
For Additional Questions see Help Section - https://help.hapimag.com/s/?language=en_GB
  • By buying a Classic Hapimag share you become a member and are able to book holiday apartments - https://www.hapimag.com/en-gb/imprint/general-terms-and-conditions/
  • One Classic Hapimag Share = 60 point
  • Bookings require points + cash (to cover local charges)
  • Points are valid for five years.
  • You may book apartments up to 15 months in advance.
    Another month is released on the first day of each month. This means, for example, that you will be able to book a stay for May 2025 from March 1, 2024 and for June 2025 from April 1, 2024.
    The booking period is thus always open for 15 months. If you are planning a stay for which departure falls within the period that is not yet bookable, departure can be up to 10 days into the following month.

Opening of new period / Latest arrival until
    March 1, 2024 / May 31, 2025
    April 1, 2024 / June 30, 2025
    May 1, 2024 / July 31, 2025
    June 1, 2024 / August 31, 2025
    July 1, 2024 / September 30, 2025
    August 1, 2024 / October 31, 2025
    September 1, 2024 / November 30, 2025
    October 1, 2024 / December 31, 2025
    November 1, 2024 / January 31, 2026
    December 1, 2024 / February 28, 2026

1711507766650.png

1711505632785.png

1711505680059.png

How much is the Annual Fee?

Annual charge EUR 344 per share.
Based on CHF 326.40 per share. Daily exchange rate applies.

Most of the annual charges is used for renovations and maintenance of their resorts. The rest is spent on customer service, tax and administration.
38% Renovations
26% Central services
17% Customer Care
13% Taxes, duties and insurance
6% Duties, insurance and taxes related to the holiday resorts and their activities

1711505740456.png

Points for your stay
Local Charges during your stays
Points chart and local charges for each resort - https://www.hapimag.com/en-gb/resorts-booking-information/

How are the points of an apartment calculated?
  • Holiday season
  • Offer and demand
  • Size and location of the holiday apartment
  • Investments into the holiday resort
The number of points required per apartment depends on the holiday season as well as supply and demand. Another factor is the category, which depends on the size and location of the apartment. Investments in the resort also influence the points-price.

What is the difference between the various apartment categories?
Our holiday apartments are divided into four categories:
Deluxe: The highest category we offer. These apartments are in the best locations and have high-quality furnishings.
Premium: Holiday apartments with a particularly beautiful view, a spacious floor plan or in a preferred location.
Comfort: Our standard apartments.
Budget: Simple and cozy, less well located or smaller apartments
On average, the local charges of a holiday week is broken down as follows:
25.7% Front and Back Office
24.9% Holiday apartment and resort cleaning as well as laundry
18.1% Maintenance of technical equipment and facilities
16.5% Energy, water and waste disposal
9.5% Value-added tax
5.2% Maintenance of property, security and resort-specific services (services and infrastructure offers, e.g. swimming pool, childcare, sauna)

The cost per night varies from resort to resort, but averages around CHF 70.–. The longer you stay, the cheaper your holiday becomes: you pay for your apartment per night, whereby this price is reduced as of the eighth night. In addition, there is a one-off flat-rate charge (depending on the apartment size). Best of all, you benefit from staying longer. Every fourth week is completely for free – no points, no local charges and no parking fees.

Special terms for longer stays apply if the fourth week is either in the B, C or D season. These conditions also apply if you change to another resort during your holiday. For example: you have booked three weeks in Marbella, but would like to add another week in Albufeira? Then for the week in Albufeira, you only pay the one-off cleaning charge. This offer only applies to stays booked for the same people.

For example,
Here’s the number of points required and local charges for London and Athens by apartment category and season

LONDONATHENS
1711508302525.png
1711506485678.png
1711506539681.png
1711506514099.png

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
As the Hapimag fiscal year-end approaches on April 30 it is an opportune time to purchase extra points that expire after April 30. For example, a London check-in say April 25 2024 can utilize these points that expire April 30 even if the stay extends into May. I just purchased extra points that expire April 30 for EUR 1.30 per point. I made the reservation using 2025 points but after the points purchase these 2024 points I just bought were automatically substituted into the reservation for the 2025 points. With the points marketplace Hapimag has created an excellent way for owners to monetize expiring points and for travelers at fiscal year-end to get great deals.

Thanks for sharing that TIP :)

From https://get.hapimag.com/expiry-points/

1711538046947.png