• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many of the Wyndham Resorts are not managed by Wyndham and what impact does that have on owners?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
Supporters and lovers of Wyndham are many. This is fact but this hurts no one. However, Wyndham's abuses from sales and underhanded techniques and new polices which lower the benefits of those who have significant investments in their timeshares are many. This is fact too but hurts timeshare owners and TUGGERS. Most of these abuses have been elaborated on here and are cited all over the internet. Those deniers are either ignorant, heartless or naive. As stated, I loved my Fairfield/Wyndham for 40 years but 10 years ago my wife and I have experienced an erosion in VIP benefits and quality of many Wyndham Resorts.

I have posted that I feel that a good TUG policy would be to have posting TUGGERS disclaim any past or present conflict of interest in Wyndham or other timeshare company so that no bias or misleading posts could occur without blatant misrepresentations. What and who would this hurt? No one except those who have gained by using false information in the past. Wyndham employees, paid baby lobbyist, spouses of those, or any others who gain or have gained directly or indirectly should fully disclose this so that TUGGERS are not misled by their words. These folks are here and everywhere including social media so beware. This is not a conspiracy theory and intelligent folks know it.

Those who attack folks who believe that fair means the unbiased truth should answer the simple question, " What and who would it hurt to fully disclose if you have any conflicts of interest in any post you make as a TUGGER " . This is not only a Wyndham problem it is a problem with many topics we participate in as TUGGERS.

Last edited:

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
There is a decade long history of those who are particularly Wyndham paranoid thinking that the only possible explanation for someone posting on TUG or any other social media in support of Wyndham can only be because they are/were a Wyndham employee, or some sort of social media "plant". Now, that is paranoia.

There is no question that some of the actions Wyndham took in the last decade were in response to VIP owners abusing privileges. Wyndham's corrective actions resulted in more availability for all Club Wyndham members. If you want to blame someone, blame the VIP owners whose actions led to the reduction in VIP benefits, not Wyndham for taking back control of the Club for the benefit of all members.

At this point, you must be thinking that I must be or were a Wyndham employee.

Here is my disclosure:

Your post is almost laughable and filled with distortions. Supporters and lovers of Wyndham are many. This is fact but this hurts no one. However, Wyndham's abuses from sales and underhanded techniques and new polices which lower the benefits of those who have significant investments in their timeshares are many. This is fact too but hurts timeshare owners and TUGGERS. Most of these abuses have been elaborated on here and are cited all over the internet. Those deniers are either ignorant, heartless or naive. As stated, I loved my Fairfield/Wyndham for 40 years but 10 years ago my wife and I have experienced an erosion in VIP benefits and quality of many Wyndham Resorts.

I have posted that I feel that a good TUG policy would be to have posting TUGGERS disclaim any past or present conflict of interest in Wyndham or other timeshare company so that no bias or misleading posts could occur without blatant misrepresentations. What and who would this hurt? No one except those who have gained by using false information in the past. Wyndham employees, paid baby lobbyist, spouses of those, or any others who gain or have gained directly or indirectly should fully disclose this so that TUGGERS are not misled by their words. These folks are here and everywhere including social media so beware. This is not a conspiracy theory and intelligent folks know it.

Those who attack folks who believe that fair means the unbiased truth should answer the simple question, " What and who would it hurt to fully disclose if you have any conflicts of interest in any post you make as a TUGGER " . This is not only a Wyndham problem it is a problem with many topics we participate in as TUGGERS.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is now managed by Wyndham, and how much is another management company? If it's all Wyndham, they need to get it together and fix up the older parts. Peregrine was actually nice after they moved us. It was recently renovated.
It is not different management companies; Wyndham Pagosa has 8 different HOAs. Each HOA determines the refurbishment schedule and pays for it out of their budget. This letter from the Peregrine HOA president explains it a bit:

"
Message from the President

December 14, 2021

Dear Peregrine Owners,

I am thrilled to announce that all of our units are now renovated and look phenomenal. As you may recall, we had to move phase two from last year and combine it with phase three this year due to COVID complications on getting labor and materials last year. This was an ambitious plan, especially since COVID continued to be an issue this year. But our Wyndham team was able to navigate through this difficulty and have all units renovated on schedule.

If you haven’t yet been able to experience living in these new renovated units, I hope you will be able to do so soon. Those who have are giving great reviews. We believe this will only continue to raise our value. Other associations are in various stages of completing their units and as soon as all associations are renovated we expect our RCI ratings to rise significantly."

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We own Peregrine. I am glad we got to stay there, and no lie, those are beautifully updated and huge and nice. We also own Master's Place. That one is not great.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Peregrine. I am glad we got to stay there, and no lie, those are beautifully updated and huge and nice. We also own Master's Place. That one is not great.
Here is a letter from the Village Pointe HOA president detailing plans and budget for their upcoming renovation.

"December 14, 2021

Dear Fellow Village Pointe Owners,

On September 25, 2021, your Village Pointe Board met for its Annual Budget Meeting. At this time, the Board approved a 3.82% increase in maintenance fees for next year to $1359.52, per interval owned. The Board attempts to take into consideration the best interests of the owners and upkeep of the units and reserves while still maintaining a reasonable maintenance fee.

Some of the more notable increases for 2022 are for funding the reserve contributions for future interior and exterior renovations, property taxes, PLPOA dues, and housekeeping. On the horizon, we plan on renovating our units with interior paint, bathrooms, carpets and windows in the 2022 / 2023 timeframe. We will also be replacing a maintenance vehicle in 2022. Replacement of the chairs and sofas are complete. The replacement of water heaters is in progress; additionally the siding and roof of the buildings will be upgraded, all of which need to be properly funded through reserves. Currently we are reviewing assessments for these future projects.

I'm pleased to report that our agreement with Wyndham continues to significantly reduce our bad debt. The Wyndham Foreclosure Agreement has allowed us to increase our maintenance fee collections and contributions to our reserve account. Every completed foreclosure, account brought current or account deeded back helps us remain solvent in our yearly operational budget and meet our reserve fund allocations. As of July 31, 2021, our collection rate on maintenance fee collections remains at 96%. This remains steady since the beginning of the year and bodes very well for our association finances. Again, this shows that our ownership values their vacation property and responsibilities. The Board thanks all owners for meeting their fiduciary obligations.

Our reserve account remains strong. As of August 30, 2021, the reserve balance was $1,919,639.00. Additional contributions to the reserve account are expected through the end of the year allowing your Board to plan for some significant expenditures over the next two to three years. Additional items that we discussed were the RCI enrollment special for (Non-Club Owners). Information and pricing will be sent to fixed week owners with your 2022 invoice."

And here is an excerpt from the Masters Place HOA President's letter:

"Masters Place is scheduled to begin our renovations in late 2022. These upgrades will drastically improve our owners' experience and comfort during your stay. Peregrine began their renovations last year and the response from guests has been overwhelmingly positive. The board has toured the newly renovated units and they are modern and comfortable and decorated with local accents. We expect the same response from our owners and guests when the renovation of Masters Place is complete. New cell phone towers are being constructed in and around the Pagosa Lakes area to improve cell coverage for both residents and visitors alike."

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The steps in one phase are in terrible condition, and I think it was Village Pointe. I think those need to be Trex or a similar product. That is dangerous.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have posted that I feel that a good TUG policy would be to have posting TUGGERS disclaim any past or present conflict of interest in Wyndham or other timeshare company so that no bias or misleading posts could occur without blatant misrepresentations.
Do you believe that there are Wyndham employees actively posting in this forum (say, aside from the former salesperson who currently has an active thread here)?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a decade long history of those who are particularly Wyndham paranoid thinking that the only possible explanation for someone posting on TUG or any other social media in support of Wyndham can only be because they are/were a Wyndham employee, or some sort of social media "plant". Now, that is paranoia.

There is no question that some of the actions Wyndham took in the last decade were in response to VIP owners abusing privileges. Wyndham's corrective actions resulted in more availability for all Club Wyndham members. If you want to blame someone, blame the VIP owners whose actions led to the reduction in VIP benefits, not Wyndham for taking back control of the Club for the benefit of all members.

At this point, you must be thinking that I must be or were a Wyndham employee.

Here is my disclosure:

You are assuming a great deal and bloviating as usual but not addressing the topic question. You call folks who have different opinions than yours paranoid, conspiracy theorists, etc. What does this accomplish?

The fact is Wyndham wants to managed every timeshare it owns and/or is affiliated with. Why? If it were only for the purpose of assuring quality at a fair and not for profit to them price this would be acceptable. However, all available information I have research appears to prove otherwise. Wyndham management fees and contract conditions are unreasonable and are so costly and restrictive that the resort has to increase the maintenance fees of owners (this was stated to me by HOA officers of various previously Wyndham managed resorts). According to these sources, this has led to the deterioration of the resort and eventually a loss of owners. According to them, Wyndham wants total control but not total responsibility for the condition and operation of the resort at an unreasonable cost. This is why the above question was posed to which you have added nothing except being a never ending critic of those who post and a cheerleader for Wyndham in general.

The addendum to my topic was "I do believe that TUG should have a policy that if any Tugger poster were ever associated with Wyndham or any Timeshare company directly or indirectly they should have to fully disclose that information. This is only common sense.".

Do you agree this is a fair policy or not? And what did your above disclosure prove?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pagosa Springs is in horrible shape, at least some of the areas are in bad shape. The fees are outrageous at Pagosa Springs, too. How much is now managed by Wyndham, and how much is another management company? If it's all Wyndham, they need to get it together and fix up the older parts. Peregrine was actually nice after they moved us. It was recently renovated.

What I want at any Wyndham is a comfortable bed, a nice clean smell to the unit (which is apparently a tough thing to accomplish) and a toilet and shower that work well (plus the kitchen). Old units smell old.
Club Wyndham Pagosa is listed as managed by Wyndham Destinations but I don't know if this includes all of Wyndham Pagosa. The problem is location. We loved our stay there but it isn't a prime Wyndham resort today. Wyndham looks at these resorts in a different way then they do their high demand resorts. Sometimes I get the impression that they want these resorts to just go away especially if they aren't Wyndham managed and don't get their high management fees.

This is a pity for long time Wyndham/Fairfield/Cendent owners who purchased timeshares there in the 1990s, love their home resorts and have later converted to Wyndham points. They are at risk of Wyndham dropping the resorts or the resort leaving Wyndham for reasons of dissolution, etc. Either way you lose your Wyndham points and if part of a VIP program that benefit too.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you believe that there are Wyndham employees actively posting in this forum (say, aside from the former salesperson who currently has an active thread here)?
Thanks for the info and it doesn't surprise me. This actually make my suggestion of full disclosure more important than ever. There are no internal controls present which would prohibit misleading and false posts. These biased posts could affect a present or future purchase of a timeshare by a TUG member and that's not fair.

troy12n

Reaction score
Think it's pretty clear what you think is happening, isn't. Outside of your very specific loss due to owning at bad sites with insolvent HOA's... Could some of that happen at other sites? Sure... more reason to own a quality locations.

The rest of your posts seems like conspiracy theory fever dreams and largely inaccurate, and reeks of axe grinding

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks for the info and it doesn't surprise me. This actually make my suggestion of full disclosure more important than ever. There are no internal controls present which would prohibit misleading and false posts. These biased posts could affect a present or future purchase of a timeshare by a TUG member and that's not fair.
I don't believe I provided any info; I asked a question. With regard to the former salesperson's thread I referenced (which is still on the first page of this forum), its title is "Former Wyndham Sales Rep Answering Questions," so it wasn't a "misleading and false" post. It also wasn't particularly "biased," aside from the fact that we all bring our own personal biases, and the former sales rep was credibly up front about where they were coming from.

I am still interested in the answer to the question: Do you believe that there are Wyndham employees actively posting on this forum?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
What happens if you bought from Wyndham points and/or a fixed week at a now disaffiliated Wyndham resort? What if you bought an old fixed week from Fairfield, then paid to convert it to points to reach a higher VIP level and then this occurs?

That's an excellent question and I don't have a ready answer at this time. I would surmise that this is covered somewhere in the T&Cs (small print) within the dozens of pages of contractual language that we all signed at one time or another - or it's embedded within linked documents from the contracts we signed (such as links to the founding trust documents for example). I'd have to go digging to see if there is actual contractual verbiage that covers this specific use case.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
For converted weeks, the conversion contract discusses the various termination options. In my most recent converted week, Paragraph 9(d) states that the conversion terminates if any of the following happen:
  • The termination of the [entire] Club Wyndham Plus program,
  • The termination of the vacation ownership plan under which the resort was organized,
  • The termination of any over-arching condominium under which the resort operates,
  • If the Trustee (i.e. Wyndham) determines the resort is "no longer suitable for use in [Wyndham]."
I was the person who converted that week, and I signed the document myself after reading it in its entirety. So, I knew these were possible. I also bought a week that was converted by someone else, but they gave me a copy of the conversion contract so that I knew what I was buying. That one had similar language, though probably not in exactly the same place or with exactly the same wording.

On termination (for any reason), my ownership would revert back to owning the fixed/floating week that was surrendered to the Trust as part of the conversion agreement, and the points associated with that conversion will "have no further use or value." (Paragraph 9(e)). I don't own any UDI, so I don't know what that contract says, but I suspect there are similar terms.

One thing to note: The agreement is not automatically terminated simply because the Board selects somoeone other than Wyndham as the management company. When KBV switched to Grand Pacific, converted weeks remained converted, and Wyndham owners there could continue to use their points, while Wyndham owners elsewhere could still book converted inventory.

Thanks for sharing this information - this is great info. So this gives us ready answers for converted weeks at least, they simply revert back to the original weeks ownership entitlement basically. I do recall when buying CWA points that there's verbiage that covers terminations - up to and including the termination of the entire CWA trust itself. Again, I'd have to go digging to provide the actual verbiage.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Your questioning is based on lack of your own research. You can't be a Wyndham owner if you have nott seen pressed the resort information button and seen VIP BENEFITS DO NOT APPLY OR WYNDHAM DOES NOT MANAGE THIS RESORT. This, my friend, is significant to those who paid to have VIP Benefits. Read on and you will see my post which mentions the specifics of resorts who opted out of Wyndham management. There are many but you can do your own homework besides the ones I listed.

The question I pose is if this is a trend then what good did it do for me to become a Founder? What good did it do to have Wyndham take away 259,000 of my Wyndham Developer points thus lowering me from Founder to Platinum after I paid close to $ 30,000.00 for those points. The resort has gone under and much of the blame was put on the time Wyndham did manage the resort due to the high price of the required goods and services charged by Wyndham. They changed to self management but unfortunately it was too late. This cost me the lowering of not only my VIP benefits but also extra points I usually give to my children and grandchildren for vacations. The only smoke that is blown is the " smoke of madness coming out of my ears when I speak to a Wyndham representative ".

And you have the blatant ignorance to call this blowing smoke and a non-issue? You must work for Wyndham.

It would be good to see Wyndham create a customer retention department that has special options available to offer to owners who fall under these use cases. They may already have such an area - I just may not be aware of it. It would seem to be in Wyndham's best interest to have a "heal desk" function along this line when customers lose out for reasons that are really outside of their control - and are negatively impacted after having spent tens of thousands of dollars to upgrade to a higher VIP tier for example. That is simply good customer service at the end of the day. Many companies, my company included, have a deal desk department for upset customers that feel they have been legitimately treated unfairly or whom experienced a lack of customer service from our company for whatever reason.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@schreff

Let me be perfectly clear here... we as Wyndham owners have not lost anything. You, as the owner of some insolvent properties which the HOA has disbanded, may have lost personally. But you know what, I chalk that up to a poor purchase decision, a timeshare in a horrible location, or bad HOA management. The two properties you mentioned (villa rica and New Bern) have been beyond neglected and are in locations where the timeshare demand has passed them by. But even in the situation of Villa Rica, we, as owners of the club, haven't really lost anything, except access to some units. The rest of the resort is still available to us. New Bern seems to be a different case, as Wyndham is apparently pulling the plug. But there's been grumblings of this resort being in poor condition and the HOA's bankrupt for a while, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I was hoping to book one last trip there in April, but it looks like that isn't happening. Oh well... I will stay nearby via RCI probably.

Also, I found your suggestion that I fact check your completely bogus claims to be surprisingly daft... especially when your entire post seems to be sour grapes, half truths and full of inaccuracies.

I don't believe Wyndham is pulling the plug on New Bern. My point in bringing up the problem of resorts where their may be affiliation changes in play was just that - that any time there's any possibility of affiliation changes - whether specific to Wyndham or from any other affiliation partner (such as Diamond specific to New Bern), then it is not uncommon to see resort inventory blocked out to prevent overbooking due to the possibility of said affiliation changes. For example, perhaps Diamond is exiting and another third party is taking over the Diamond owned inventory.

Specific to New Bern I suspect that there is an affiliation change in play outside of Wyndham ownership - and that the current resort management has specified that inventory needs to be blocked out during whatever process is ongoing until that process has come to a conclusion - after which inventory within the various systems will be adjusted accordingly and then republished for consumption. We could also be seeing a core management change at New Bern - in other words the existing management company is exiting and a net new management company is taking over. There are a number of possibilities really. Again, this is all pure speculation on my part - based upon past observations when similar affiliation type alterations are in flight. I could be flat wrong quite frankly - only time will tell.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It all depends on the individual. Some folks fly into some resorts like us and being older try to schedule our flights so that they co-incide with a 2PM arrival. This may mean nothing to you now but after a long tiresome trip it means something to those who have health problems and bought because of these benefits. When you pay as much as we did for Founder level it it not only a dollar value benefit but a comfort one which is important. If you paid for it you should get it. And I can attest to the fact that these benefits were not a farce in the past because we were never denied early check ins prior to the last few years. It is just another broken promise by Wyndham that benefits some who need and want it. It never seems to amaze me when some folks think that all the others in the world should feel like they do.

At the end of the day, and in the final analysis, the VIP program, since it's inception, is and always has been subject to change contractually and legally, up to and including termination of the entirety of the program. This language is clearly embedded in every legal contract, and it's been in the membership directories (fine print) since they have been published. As one example, here's an excerpt from the 2009-2010 membership directory VIP program (emphasis mine):

1673368834983.png

Specific to the early check-in benefit - again let's reference the 2009-2010 membership directory verbiage. Note the fine print, subject to availability (meaning this benefit is subjective based upon the resort's HOA), and available only at Wyndham managed locations:

1673368981690.png

These same statements have been in every member directory since their inception from what I've seen - they aren't new - they span back way beyond ten years in fact. That said, I can empathize that older owners who "remember the good ole days" are going to be disappointed. If you want my honest assessment, this is by design. Wyndham doesn't want the legacy owners to be happy - they'd rather have your points back via Certified Exit so they can resell them at full retail to new owners who have no such expectations to manage - and no disappointments to deal with. Wyndham implemented the grandfathering system to help stem the tide so to speak, to grandfather VIP benefits to older legacy owners in an effort to allow them to age out of the system while not losing key benefits that were deemed most important to legacy owners. In the business world, you can't please everyone - so Wyndham has preserved key benefits such as unlimited HKCs for legacy owners, that no longer apply to net new VIP owners under the newer tiered system that went into place in 2020. Obviously some owners like you, place importance on a handful of benefits that are being negatively impacted mostly by the HOAs that have chosen to no longer participate in the early check-in benefit and/or the separate VIP check-in lines. For my part, these seem to have largely gone away during the pandemic- and I doubt they will be coming back any time soon - especially with price and wage inflation on the rise.

Lastly - if we see value in creating a list of non-Wyndham managed resorts - we could certainly entertain doing that and keeping that list published as a sticky thread here on TUG. What say you TUGGERs? :cool:

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The steps in one phase are in terrible condition, and I think it was Village Pointe. I think those need to be Trex or a similar product. That is dangerous.

We've noticed several subsections of Wyndham Shawnee RidgeTop are having their steps and decks replaced last fall for the same reasons - they were quite old and starting to rot. I wasn't paying too close of attention as to whether they were using a trex type decking or just new treated lumber - but anything is better than rotting wood of course.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham doesn't want the legacy owners to be happy - they'd rather have your points back via Certified Exit so they can resell them at full retail to new owners who have no such expectations to manage - and no disappointments to deal with.
I'm not necessarily taking issue with this theory, but it would be more effective on Wyndham's part if salespeople then actually managed expectations from the outset, instead of continuing to sell an unrealistic picture of the program to new owners that starts to fall apart after the warm glow of vacation has faded and the cold fluorescent light of the reality of using the program and making monthly loan payments hits after they get home.
key benefits such as unlimited RTs for legacy owners, that no longer apply to net new VIP owners
It's actually HKs that remain unlimited for grandfathered owners (which is good for them because they're quite pricey compared to RTs). The RT VIP policy hasn't changed, although of course online RTs currently remain free for everyone (which a few VIPs argue devalues their ownership in some way).

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
if we see value in creating a list of non-Wyndham managed resorts - we could certainly entertain doing that and keeping that list published as a sticky thread here on TUG. What say you TUGGERs?
If that's how someone wants to spend their time, go for it. But each resort's page clearly states if it is not managed by Wyndham, so it's not exactly hard to find as it is.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If that's how someone wants to spend their time, go for it. But each resort's page clearly states if it is not managed by Wyndham, so it's not exactly hard to find as it is.
This is one of those situations where the print directory is very handy - each resort says whether or not it's managed by Wyndham, whether nor not VIP benefits apply, and whether it has a limited number of accommodations. That's the kind of thing that I appreciate flipping through quickly (though a ctrl-F on the electronic version is also good for this purpose).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Here's the beginning of a list of all CWP resorts that have a match against "Non-managed units" and/or "VIP Benefits Do Not Apply" within the 2019 membership directory (this is the most recent version I have readily available locally as a PDF file for searching):

Harbortown Point
Bay Club
Wyndham Vacations Resorts Emerald Grande at Destin
Star Island
Fairfield Plantation
Kauai Beach Villas
Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Ridge (Maple Ridge only)
Fairfield Harbor
Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Sapphire Valley (Mountain Laurel only)
Wyndham Ocean Ridge Egrets Pointe
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Smuggler's Notch Vermont

All Affiliate and Associate Resorts, by definition, fall under this category as well, and all Club Pass resorts do as well (since these resorts are owned and managed by other timeshare entities within Wyndham).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I'm not necessarily taking issue with this theory, but it would be more effective on Wyndham's part if salespeople then actually managed expectations from the outset, instead of continuing to sell an unrealistic picture of the program to new owners that starts to fall apart after the warm glow of vacation has faded and the cold fluorescent light of the reality of using the program and making monthly loan payments hits after they get home.

It's actually HKs that remain unlimited for grandfathered owners (which is good for them because they're quite pricey compared to RTs). The RT VIP policy hasn't changed, although of course online RTs currently remain free for everyone (which a few VIPs argue devalues their ownership in some way).

Sorry - I meant HKCs - not RTs.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's the beginning of a list of all CWP resorts that have a match against "Non-managed units" and/or "VIP Benefits Do Not Apply" within the 2019 membership directory (this is the most recent version I have readily available locally as a PDF file for searching):

Harbortown Point
Bay Club
Wyndham Vacations Resorts Emerald Grande at Destin
Star Island
Fairfield Plantation
Kauai Beach Villas
Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Ridge (Maple Ridge only)
Fairfield Harbor
Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Sapphire Valley (Mountain Laurel only)
Wyndham Ocean Ridge Egrets Pointe
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Smuggler's Notch Vermont

All Affiliate and Associate Resorts, by definition, fall under this category as well, and all Club Pass resorts do as well (since these resorts are owned and managed by other timeshare entities within Wyndham).
Additions from the 2021-22 version:
Not managed by Wyndham and VIP benefits do not apply:
Reunion
Makai Club & Cottages
Grand Palms
Margaritaville Pigeon Forge

Club Wyndham Prefer resorts that are not managed by Wyndham (many are managed by Wyndham, but these aren't) and VIP benefits do not apply:
Lawai Beach Resort
Whispering Woods
Little Sweden
Cliffs Club
Foxhunt at Sapphire Valley

VIP benefits do not apply (a separate list, because it's not a perfect overlap):
Anaheim (I wonder if this is actually a change or an error, because they applied before and this doesn't agree with the website)
Kingstown Reef (but it's now only Worldmark so in that context VIP benefits will not apply)

And today I realized (I feel like it's a Mandela effect) that Fairfield Harbour is spelled with the 'u.' Also, Fairfield Plantation is now Villas at Fairfield.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

I'd be happy if we could have a by invitation or something like that group, of TUG members who would like to share opinions and experiences without being judged or called names. There is a lot of misinformation these days, and I find it's best to let it go uncorrected. It's a shame people are making decisions on purchases and family vacations, based on some things I see posted here.