• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificates being taken from wrong bucket (developer vs resale)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have a mixed account, mostly developer (5 contracts) and 1 resale contract.

Made a guest reservation on a Developer Reservation and it took one out of the resale bucket. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is something that has always worked, never had an issue, so it is odd that now it is not working.

I hope they correct it soon.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is something that has always worked, never had an issue, so it is odd that now it is not working.

I hope they correct it soon.
Same here, no trouble with that in the past. I'm hoping it gets fixed before I care (need a GC and can't get it to work). But we, especially in IT, know how well wishful thinking works.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I put in a feedback on the website about it today. I used a GC for my friend's son's airforce boot camp graduation that their whole family all attended. I managed to get them the 4 BR unit at La Cascada. I went online to look at something today and noticed it came out of my resale bucket.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I put in a feedback on the website about it today. I used a GC for my friend's son's airforce boot camp graduation that their whole family all attended. I managed to get them the 4 BR unit at La Cascada. I went online to look at something today and noticed it came out of my resale bucket.
Nice (4BR Pres-that's awesome). I'll put some feedback in as well.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked a 2nd GC and it also took it out of the resale bucket. I am not making another reservation at this time, but when I do book one, I will note back here what it does take and if it did or did not try to charge me. My first 2 GCs were for developer point booking. My next GC is actually for a resale points reservation so I will have a chance to see what that does. Right now I am showing a full 15 Developer and 0 Resale GCs.

I called in and had them note it an my account. They were not aware of any issues, and they said to call back if I have an issue with the next one, but that will not be for several months yet.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same problem here. Developer points reservation. Guest certificate from resale.

My lord. Do these IT guys have any credibility left?

Where is Michael brown? The oligarch.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't know if this is good news or bad news. I just added a GC to a resale points reservation, took from dev. I'm only out of resale because dev reservations pulled from my resale bucket. As long as I'm not paying, okay by me. No it's not right, but in the end, as long as I don't pay (and I'm not getting something I shouldn't), I can ride this out.

Edit to add, my scenario similar to yours @Sandy VDH (post Jan 8) - my dev point reservations used up my resale GC's.

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA (San Diego RARP)
Waikiki Beach Walk
I’m curious, can someone explain to me why it matters? I’ve always assumed they’re in a “bucket” and it doesn’t matter where they originated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I’m curious, can someone explain to me why it matters? I’ve always assumed they’re in a “bucket” and it doesn’t matter where they originated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure doesn't matter to me, lol.

When Wyndham separated Developer and Resale points (1.5 years ago ish) they created separate buckets for points, reservation transactions, housekeeping, and guest confirmations. We have a bucket for developer and a bucket for resale (2). This is called a hybrid account, btw, if you haven't heard that term. Last year, if a reservation was booked dev points, a dev GC was used and if booked with resale a resale GC. You could have 15 dev GC's and be paying for resale GC's. This year, it appears, they used our resale GC's and then moved on to using dev GC's. Whether intentional or a glitch, who knows? I'm quite certain once we run out of GC's we'll be paying (but we won't know that for awhile, theoretically maybe never if we don't use all of our GC's). In the end, no big deal, as far as I'm concerned. If it's a glitch, I sure hope they spend their developer time fixing more critical things (like a working monthly availability calendar and getting rid of some ghosts :)).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I just booked a 2nd GC and it also took it out of the resale bucket. I am not making another reservation at this time, but when I do book one, I will note back here what it does take and if it did or did not try to charge me. My first 2 GCs were for developer point booking. My next GC is actually for a resale points reservation so I will have a chance to see what that does. Right now I am showing a full 15 Developer and 0 Resale GCs.

I called in and had them note it an my account. They were not aware of any issues, and they said to call back if I have an issue with the next one, but that will not be for several months yet.

I just experienced this myself with a developer points reservation for my daughter - made the reservation last year - used a GC at the beginning of this year - and it deducted the GC from my resale bucket. I just reported this issue to Wyndham IT with screenshots from my own account - will keep everyone posted moving forward.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I don't know if this is good news or bad news. I just added a GC to a resale points reservation, took from dev. I'm only out of resale because dev reservations pulled from my resale bucket. As long as I'm not paying, okay by me. No it's not right, but in the end, as long as I don't pay (and I'm not getting something I shouldn't), I can ride this out.

Edit to add, my scenario similar to yours @Sandy VDH (post Jan 8) - my dev point reservations used up my resale GC's.

So it's basically working in reverse? Dev reservations use resale GCs, and resale reservations use dev GCs?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It matters to me as I have 15 developer GCs and 2 Resale ones.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So it's basically working in reverse? Dev reservations use resale GCs, and resale reservations use dev GCs?
I don't think it cares. I think it's just taking them as long as one is available. Pretty sure I can test that without burning a GC. I have an owner checkin, let me see if I can add a guest (but not confirm all the way through).

Confirmed, looks like it doesn't care. I tried on a reservation booked with developer and then one booked with resale points. After saying to add a GC, it shows I need one GC and that I have them available (the count available is the number of developer ones left, regardless of the type of reservation I'm adding to).

Maybe it used all the resale (2) before moving on to the developer? But now with only developer left, it's using my developer ones for resale (or developer), doesn't care.

I would really rather see them fix the calendar search and ghosts.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I contend you have 17. And that's better than 15 + 2.

my next one is a resale ressie for my friends. I can confirm when I add the GC.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
my next one is a resale ressie for my friends. I can confirm when I add the GC
If you try to add one now, it will show at the bottom how many you need and how many you have. My money is on 1 needed, 15 available. You don't have to complete the transaction, but it gets you far enough to tell it's going to use one of your available (dev) GC's versus charge you for one.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
my next one is a resale ressie for my friends. I can confirm when I add the GC.

I can confirm that it is just treating them all as one big bucket of GCs. So since I get 15 for VIPP and 2 for my 1 resale deed, I indeed just get 17. So @Sandi Bo you are indeed correct. It used up the 2 resales first, then went and used the other pool of GCs, after all the resales were used up.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
If you try to add one now, it will show at the bottom how many you need and how many you have. My money is on 1 needed, 15 available. You don't have to complete the transaction, but it gets you far enough to tell it's going to use one of your available (dev) GC's versus charge you for one.

That's a nice feature add then - at least you can see how many you have - though if it's lumping everything into one bucket - that may be of limited value. I'll be curious to see if you attempt to add a GC for a resale transaction and you don't technically have any resale GCs left since it seems to use those two first - even for a retail transaction - will it complain that you don't have any resale GCs left?