• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Former Wyndham Sales Rep Answering Questions

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I spent 4 nights (Monday through Thursday) over New Years right after the 4 Bedroom Casitas opened at WorldMark Granby. It was like having our own million dollar mountain cabin! Private hot tub on the deck (it was so cold our hair collected icicles, but we just cranked-up the temperature and drank some wine). It was wellllll worth whatever credits we paid.

Any other timeshares -- Marriot, Hilton, Vistana -- have stand alone 3 and 4 bedroom mountain cabins with private hot tubs in their systems?

OK - I'm officially going to start using the Club Pass availability search for Wyndham Granby based upon your feedback here. Sounds like a great place! :cool:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Granby is also within easy striking distance of the Kawuneeche entrance to RMNP, and I like Grand Lake much better than Estes Park. Not nearly as over-run with tourists. You have to get up earlier if you are going to the Bear Lake area, but that's a small price to pay.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This isn’t in the mountains, but it simply wonderful, the Worldmark at Deer Harbor on orcas Island. for the first time we have snagged the three bedroom next summer. Which will be great if family can come, although for ourselves, the studios are just awesome best studios in the system.
Just be aware that the 3rd bedroom is really for kids only; and small kids. There's a king upstairs, and a Q down which are both fine. The 3rd bedroom is small; imagine a closet that you put a couple of bunk beds in. If you don't need the extra beds, the 2 BR is a better option. However, for value, the studios up on the hill are the best bets.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Just be aware that the 3rd bedroom is really for kids only; and small kids. There's a king upstairs, and a Q down which are both fine. The 3rd bedroom is small; imagine a closet that you put a couple of bunk beds in. If you don't need the extra beds, the 2 BR is a better option. However, for value, the studios up on the hill are the best bets.
Thank you for the information on the third bedroom. Just happen to get offered today the two bedroom as well for basically the same days. I think we’re just going to need to take both but happy just to try those.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK - I'm officially going to start using the Club Pass availability search for Wyndham Granby based upon your feedback here. Sounds like a great place! :cool:
PM me. Maybe you or anyone who wants to trade and save the exchange costs of Club Pass or II or RCI can work something out. And obviously if someone wants to exchange more that 9 months in advance through Club Pass.

Anyone interested in WorldMark West Yellowstone for summer 2024? Just sayin' ...

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
This thread is a bit off track.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
This thread is a bit off track.
I found it odd that this turned this into a trading vacations and/or renting Worldmarks discussion. Probably belonged in one of the Mega Renter Threads.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I found it odd that this turned this into a trading vacations and/or renting Worldmarks discussion. Probably belonged in one of the Mega Renter Threads.
Great idea thanks for doing that. I am not a mega renter and still interested in the thread.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm here. Sorry for delay. Holidays and death in the family so I haven't checked in until today.
So sorry to hear that. I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm here. Sorry for delay. Holidays and death in the family so I haven't checked in until today.
Just a question to hopefully bring this thread back on track. For someone who wants to buy retail so they can go VIP, what negotiating tactics would you recommend? I see so many people MSRP or close to it, because they don't want to haggle. I don't like it either, so any tips to speed up the negotiation process might help those who want to buy, but don't want to pay full price.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Just a question to hopefully bring this thread back on track. For someone who wants to buy retail so they can go VIP, what negotiating tactics would you recommend? I see so many people MSRP or close to it, because they don't want to haggle. I don't like it either, so any tips to speed up the negotiation process might help those who want to buy, but don't want to pay full price.
Also what is the lowest $/point you’ve ever seen sold from a developer purchase

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheapest way to buy retail is possible at 2 Locations. Wyndham Fairfield Glade (Crossville, TN) or any Myrtle Beach sales center. The reason why is because they have a "Piggyback" List, which is where they sell owners deeded properties (Deeded at Fairfield Glade or Myrtle Beach) to you, but you have to buy Developer points as well. So basically you would buy 126,000 at MSRP, but then you could buy you one off the list for very cheap. They usually only let you buy up to same amount of retail points you purchased, but sometimes they'll let you buy more. They treat it as a BOGO deal pretty much and since they do the transfer it all counts as VIP, not resale. A couple things though. 1. The MF on those old deeded properties are usually stupid high. 2. They only reason they have those listed is because they screwed someone over and told them if they bought, they would sell those Deeded properties and that would offset the purchase cost to get a lower MF. In summary, technically you could buy this way and almost spend a 1/3 of MSRP, but someone, somewhere got screwed either way.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also what is the lowest $/point you’ve ever seen sold from a developer purchase
See my reply to Richelle about the "Piggyback" List I just posted. If I had to put it into dollar amounts I'd say for example, if someone bought 126,000 at $239 p/1,000 that's about $30,000. Then I've seen people buy a 126,000 off the list for $5,000. So they technically got 252,000 points for $35k so about $140 p/1,000. The other thing about it is though, say the rep did tell the owner who is selling the property that they would list it for $5,000. They don't find out until day that someone goes to buy it that there is a minimum $1,500 fee that goes to the broker for doing the transaction, so that owner that was told he would get $5,000 only gets $3,500 back. That goes back to the "Piggyback" reply.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheapest way to buy retail is possible at 2 Locations. Wyndham Fairfield Glade (Crossville, TN) or any Myrtle Beach sales center. The reason why is because they have a "Piggyback" List, which is where they sell owners deeded properties (Deeded at Fairfield Glade or Myrtle Beach) to you, but you have to buy Developer points as well. So basically you would buy 126,000 at MSRP, but then you could buy you one off the list for very cheap. They usually only let you buy up to same amount of retail points you purchased, but sometimes they'll let you buy more. They treat it as a BOGO deal pretty much and since they do the transfer it all counts as VIP, not resale. A couple things though. 1. The MF on those old deeded properties are usually stupid high. 2. They only reason they have those listed is because they screwed someone over and told them if they bought, they would sell those Deeded properties and that would offset the purchase cost to get a lower MF. In summary, technically you could buy this way and almost spend a 1/3 of MSRP, but someone, somewhere got screwed either way.
In 2015, I purchased a "Piggyback" deed from a list at Ocean Ridge worth 413,000 points for $16,500. I had to buy Developer points worth 64,000 for $13,500. They said I could make another Piggyback purchase within 30 days of this purchase with no additional Developer purchase. So, I made another small Piggyback purchase of 77,000 for $3,500. Both Piggybacks had very reasonable MF. (I double-checked the contracts before posting this to make sure the amounts were correct.)

At that time, there were 4 Wyndham locations that offered Piggyback deeds. Later, Wyndham changed the policy to require a purchase of an equal number of Developer points to Piggyback points. Then, I heard that Wyndham no longer offered the Piggybacks at any location. So, your mention of the 2 remaining locations is news to me.

If the Piggyback offer still exists at the 2 locations, you may still be able to get a good deal if you can negotiate the Developer points down and select a Piggyback with reasonable MF, and get it in writing before making a purchase. I am thinking, if there is a deal to be made, it will occur between now and the end of the year.

I forgot to mention that Piggybacks are treated the same as Developer points and count toward VIP. They are not treated like resale.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
See my reply to Richelle about the "Piggyback" List I just posted. If I had to put it into dollar amounts I'd say for example, if someone bought 126,000 at $239 p/1,000 that's about $30,000. Then I've seen people buy a 126,000 off the list for $5,000. So they technically got 252,000 points for $35k so about $140 p/1,000. The other thing about it is though, say the rep did tell the owner who is selling the property that they would list it for $5,000. They don't find out until day that someone goes to buy it that there is a minimum $1,500 fee that goes to the broker for doing the transaction, so that owner that was told he would get $5,000 only gets $3,500 back. That goes back to the "Piggyback" reply.

Just a heads up - I've been told by two different sales reps at two different resorts in Myrtle Beach and in Edisto that they are no longer selling piggybacks for resorts out of SC state. I'm assuming if there's a seller on the other side like you're saying, that the contract has to already be paid off of course. I wish Wyndham would allow for existing owners that have loan balances or unpaid balances on their contracts and want out to utilize this same piggyback model and allow an interested Wyndham owner to essentially "buy out" the sellers loan in full and enjoy whatever the "discount rate" is in doing so.

Last edited:

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up - I've been told by two different sales reps at two different resorts in Myrtle Beach and in Edisto that they are no longer selling piggybacks for resorts out of SC state. I'm assuming if there's a seller on the other side like you're saying, that the contract has to already be paid off of course. I wish Wyndham would allow for existing owners that have loan balances or unpaid balances on their contracts and want out to utilize this same piggyback model and allow an interested Wyndham owner to essentially "buy out" the sellers loan in full and enjoy whatever the "discount rate" is in doing so.
Fairfield Glade is still doing the Piggyback List. They use it to build urgency so if you keep saying no, they will let you buy more Piggyback than developer. They had a 308,000 on the list for around $15k as of a few months ago still too.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Glade is still doing the Piggyback List. They use it to build urgency so if you keep saying no, they will let you buy more Piggyback than developer. They had a 308,000 on the list for around $15k as of a few months ago still too.
I just talked to an acquaintance at Edisto and he confirmed they quit selling those. Thanks for letting me know. He said there were too many complaints and issues about the buying and selling process that were escalated so they lost their privilege.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I think this is my last question. I've only been an owner for 7 years. I agree to go to a lot of these sales meetings, but not always. It depends on the money (or Rewards points) being offered, and it depends on my mood at the time. Over the past 3 years, I've received about $1000, and I've always known that I won't buy any more points simply because I have exactly the right amount of points for my needs.

So I wonder if they keep track of members who attend frequently but never buy. I think if I was in charge of the program I would. But I always get high pressured to attend, and I've usually made up my mind before I even check in. In this age of all statistics being available at the touch of a keyboard, why don't they stop offering me money to attend?

Not that I want them to stop, I'm just so curious about this.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I think this is my last question. I've only been an owner for 7 years. I agree to go to a lot of these sales meetings, but not always. It depends on the money (or Rewards points) being offered, and it depends on my mood at the time. Over the past 3 years, I've received about $1000, and I've always known that I won't buy any more points simply because I have exactly the right amount of points for my needs.

So I wonder if they keep track of members who attend frequently but never buy. I think if I was in charge of the program I would. But I always get high pressured to attend, and I've usually made up my mind before I even check in. In this age of all statistics being available at the touch of a keyboard, why don't they stop offering me money to attend?

Mcdonald's always asks if you would like fries with your order .......

I would assume it is the same reason - it does expand sales - and the algorithms cannot predict who will " change their mind".

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I just talked to an acquaintance at Edisto and he confirmed they quit selling those. Thanks for letting me know. He said there were too many complaints and issues about the buying and selling process that were escalated so they lost their privilege.
I know Sedona sells Flagstaff Piggybacks. The maintenance fees are not great but they are right in line with CWA. I would assume Flaggstaff sells those piggybacks as well. You do have to buy regular points of course. I heard 200k, but I am sure they might make an exception here and there depending on the situation and time of year/month.

That reminds me, how big is the push at the end of the month or end of the year to sell? Is it a harder push then in the beginning of the month, or beginning of the year? I would imagine they have sales figures they have to meet. Wondering when is the best time to get the best deals. I would think December, but that's assuming they do have sales figures they have to meet.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The maintenance fees are not great but they are right in line with CWA.
Depends on the season. My Flagstaff converted week (prime at 182k) was great before 2 years of double digit increases, and even now is $1.30/k lower than CWA.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I'm curious on how common it is for sales reps to gamble with each other on whether a particular target will buy a timeshare.

We were at Diamond Resorts in Sedona a few years back, the last customers to leave the building. After turning down the trial package, the rep said, "He tricked me, he said you would be an easy buy! I lost $50 betting on this!" He then ran upstairs, and I heard quite a bit of yelling and shouting.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score

They do track how many you attend but that's mainly to track Sales Closing percentages. They'll never stop offering either because it's always an opportunity to sell. "I've got the exact amount of points I need" is a common objection I've overcame and sold to many times. Also, sold people who hadn't bought in 20+ years. That's why they'll never stop gifting you.