• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Figgy Pudding Spam

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Not me, thanks. :D I can't imagine needing so much as to require a 2-Pack of it.

Dave

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Not me, thanks. :D I can't imagine needing so much as to require a 2-Pack of it.

Dave
I did need a two pack, one for me and one from my brother. I'm glad I saw the review so I don't have to open it. I got it to add to my collection which includes the Collector's Edition Spamalot can, and a can of Spam Crazy Eights card. I got one for my brother because he's the one that introduced me to this song.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
They do like Spam in Hawaii, so Figgy Pudding should fit right in.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the Spam website it is only 160 calories, and 600 of sodium.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Spam is the only mainstream product designed for human consumption that looks, smells, and tastes like reconstituted dog food, made from canned bits of pork that are sometimes referred to by detractors as “mystery meat”....

Ultimately, is Spam unhealthy? It has approximately sixteen times as much fat as another common brand. Yes, absolutely it is. Spam should be consumed in moderation. However, it is only barely less healthy than normal deli ham, so long as you don’t factor in the damage Spam will do to your nostrils while cooking it.

-- Source: fedfedfed.com

geekette

Reaction score
pass.

I’ve had Spam a time or two, but have always been suspicious of Figgy Pudding. I like figs right off the tree, I like pudding. But somehow I doubt Figgy Pudding is a combo of the two. Kinda like how Spotted Dick is apparently a dessert. Not interested in Shepherd’s pie, either, in case it has real shepherds in it.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
pass.

I’ve had Spam a time or two, but have always been suspicious of Figgy Pudding. I like figs right off the tree, I like pudding. But somehow I doubt Figgy Pudding is a combo of the two. Kinda like how Spotted Dick is apparently a dessert. Not interested in Shepherd’s pie, either, in case it has real shepherds in it.
I think the Brits use the term pudding like we use the term dessert. Here's what a figgy pudding looks like. It's a plum cake with figs, currents, and sometimes dark rum.

geekette

Reaction score
Four weeks of aging! Heck, the cookie package barely makes it into the house, I can’t wait on a dessert like that.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the payoff is living in the wilds of Idaho. No worries about finding this in a store here. Whew!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sometimes the payoff is living in the wilds of Idaho. No worries about finding this in a store here. Whew!

Note: @Passepartout has been marked safe from accidentally buying and eating Figgy Pudding Spam.

I was concerned... :D

Dave

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Plain Spam is disgusting. This sounds even worse!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this product is so good? Why doesn't Walmart Super Store carry it? LOL

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If this product is so good? Why doesn't Walmart Super Store carry it? LOL

Are you saying WalMart doesn't sell Spam? Or they don't sell this Figgy Pudding variety?

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Are you even Hawaiian if you don't love spam? :D

Because my dad is Hawaiian, Spam was a staple at our table growing up along with calrose rice with shoyu, shoyu on scrambled eggs, shoyu on everything. We also had hamburgers with gravy on a weekly basis.

For me it's a hard pass on this flavor though.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up in the land where Spam is made (Minnesota). It's common there, and my dad loved it. I like it only when it's fried, and served with eggs and/or fried rice or sweet Hawaiian or Filipino rolls. Hard pass on the figgy pudding variety!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you saying WalMart doesn't sell Spam? Or they don't sell this Figgy Pudding variety?

Dave
Walmart in the Tidewater Virginia areas does not sell The Figgy Pudding Spam.

Walmart does sell Spam.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveNV, can you buy the Figgy Pudding Spam in NV?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I'd try it in a second.

There's nothing wrong with Spam. I ate it even before I moved to Hawaii. And now I have half a dozen flavors in my pantry. When guests come over, they go through a whole lot of the stuff considering "they don't like it." I have zero problem walking into the grocery store, hungry, and picking up a Spam Musubi and eating it while I shop. Beats grocery shopping while hungry.

Spam isn't passing itself off as "the finest Iberico charcuterie." So it's far more genuine than many of the other items on the supermarket shelves -- particularly "olive" oil, "maple" syrup and "Parmesan" cheese.

There are people who scalp the Hickory Smoked spam in the parking lot -- they buy all of it, tack on a $2 scalper surcharge, and then sell it from their van. That's the can I typically reach for if I'm going to make a spam dish. Fine diced Spam, eggs and cheese over grits isn't just "not bad," it's quite good.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There's nothing wrong with Spam... Fine diced Spam, eggs and cheese over grits isn't just "not bad," it's quite good.

Sorry, for a moment there I was sure that I has hallucinating.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How about Spam flavored mac nuts. They really do taste like Spam. :LOL:
1669386484618.png