• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tommy Bahamas beach chairs available at WKORN

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
It was very nice to meet @Ryes and @JimT while on Maui for the bundle transfers. Thanks to @gregb for sharing his chairs and starting this thread over a year ago, and thanks to @tomvc for setting up the calendars. It's great that TUGers are reusing the items for as long as we can keep it going.

Ryes

Reaction score
Hi Ruby. Please message me if u still want the rest of bundle 2 as haven’t heard from u

JimT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need direction re: Bundles and chairs. Bundle 1 is currently with me (JimT) and Bundle 2 with Ryes. I leave on Monday Nov 28 and I don't see any reservations until "marmite" on Friday, Dec. 2. Personally, I think the bundles should be separated. I think someone mentioned storage available. Happy to help. Just need a little more info.
Jim

Ryes

Reaction score
I have bundle 2. I’m leaving early in the day on the 24th so tomorrow is the day I need to relieve myself of the bundle. My current plan is to give to Jim so there is only one bundle in case it goes into storage

Last edited:

Ryes

Reaction score
Need direction re: Bundles and chairs. Bundle 1 is currently with me (JimT) and Bundle 2 with Ryes. I leave on Monday Nov 28 and I don't see any reservations until "marmite" on Friday, Dec. 2. Personally, I think the bundles should be separated. I think someone mentioned storage available. Happy to help. Just need a little more info.
Jim
Hey Jim, way back when this first started there was a day between greg’s departure and my arrival so he left it at the storage room at the hotel (where they store your suitcases if you have checked out but haven’t left, or checked in but room not yet ready - i guess technically that’s the bell desk?) and he emailed me a picture of the claim tag and used my last name. I had no issues retrieving with that. Both he and I tipped. I seem to recall that there was a bigger gap in dates a few weeks later but this storage method also worked then although could have just been luck. Maybe u can see what last name to leave it under for marmite and try this method?

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is my opinion on the bundles: I think we should *not* include the flippers and beach mat and one broken child chair in Bundle 2. Those can be left where tourists leave their beach stuff for others to pick up, so ask the bell desk if there is a place for this. If Bundle 2 has a fairly full list of recipients for the foreseeable future, then hopefully Bundle 2 can survive on its own. If there are small gaps, perhaps the Bundle 1 recipients can claim Bundle 2 and store it in their villas to keep it alive, and leave it at the bell desk if their stay overlaps with Bundle 2 folks. Bundle 2 should be fairly manageable without the extra items.

Edited to add: I also think that if someone acquires one or two more Tommy Bahamas chairs, that those should replace the two chairs in Bundle 2. I noticed earlier on this thread that someone had two that they were passing on to others, but those are likely long gone. However, chances are that someone else will buy two more at Costco and not plan to carry them back home. Then Bundles 1 and 2 will be identical and in high demand (I need chairs for late February, ha ha).

Last edited:

Ryes

Reaction score
Here is my opinion on the bundles: I think we should *not* include the flippers and beach mat and one broken child chair in Bundle 2. Those can be left where tourists leave their beach stuff for others to pick up, so ask the bell desk if there is a place for this. If Bundle 2 has a fairly full list of recipients for the foreseeable future, then hopefully Bundle 2 can survive on its own. If there are small gaps, perhaps the Bundle 1 recipients can claim Bundle 2 and store it in their villas to keep it alive, and leave it at the bell desk if their stay overlaps with Bundle 2 folks. Bundle 2 should be fairly manageable without the extra items.
Yah i am going to get rid of the flippers, beach mat and both of the tiny chairs in bundle 2 and just have bundle 2 become two chairs and the Tommy bahama umbrella

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I'm not sure why but I don't seem to see a link to the calendar for bundle 1. There is a link to bundle two, but that calendar seems empty. Does anyone know who the next person on the list is for Bundle 1? I have it until Friday, December 9th. Thanks.

Ryes

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I don't seem to see a link to the calendar for bundle 1. There is a link to bundle two, but that calendar seems empty. Does anyone know who the next person on the list is for Bundle 1? I have it until Friday, December 9th. Thanks
The night before I left I met up with Jim and gave him bundle 2 to join with his bundle 1, as there were no takers for it, so u should have both bundle 1 and bundle 2 (each bundle being 2 chairs and an umbrella).

Also here is the link for the bundle 1 calendar, as I see what u mean, calendar 1 somehow got replaced by calendar 2 in the original post: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=0vhd0urh3tjios3q8uvviats1s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

Last edited:

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
The night before I left I met up with Jim and gave him bundle 2 to join with his bundle 1, as there were no takers for it, so u should have both bundle 1 and bundle 2 (each bundle being 2 chairs and an umbrella).

Also here is the link for the bundle 1 calendar, as I see what u mean, calendar 1 somehow got replaced by calendar 2 in the original post: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=0vhd0urh3tjios3q8uvviats1s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
No, I only have 2 chairs and 2 umbrellas. Thanks for the link.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Are there any TUGers in Maui who can take over these beach chairs and umbrellas around December 9th? There is a 2 week gap in the calendar right now. I am at Nanea.

@melissy123 could you use them? Not sure of your schedule.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We leave on December 9. My niece will be at the Marriott on December 11 but she won’t have a car.

JimT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened. I left 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas at WOKRN (6 items noted on claim check). Seems marmite only received 2 chairs 2 umbrellas. Happy to work with anyone to investigate / resolve / help. Let me know. Feel bad, given all the great work done by others over the last year to keep this going.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure what happened. I left 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas at WOKRN (6 items noted on claim check). Seems marmite only received 2 chairs 2 umbrellas. Happy to work with anyone to investigate / resolve / help. Let me know. Feel bad, given all the great work done by others over the last year to keep this going.
The bundle was split somewhere along the way because it was becoming too big?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
My biggest issue right now is finding someone to take the bundle I do have. There is no one on the calendar for more than 2 weeks. The last time I had the bundle, it was all inside a black bag, I had one umbrella, 4 chairs and a boogie board. I think it got split into two bundles and then perhaps they tried to merge it back recently? In any event there is no bag, I just got 2 chairs and 2 umbrellas.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I'm so glad that a TUGer has just reached out to me and will be taking the chairs & umbrellas for December 10th-17th. I have added him to the calendar. There is still currently a gap after that, hopefully a TUGer will be able to take it and bridge the gap until Christmas week. Right now there is a gap and then @jnsywg.

Post #360 has a link to the chairs calendar, if you could please monitor that @ascarborough you will know who the next recipient will be.

Thanks!

Last edited:

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Sorry @Reyes, I hadn't been following this thread for all the conversation on the bundles, until now. When I picked up the bundle on Friday I wasn't expecting 6 pieces, so when they came out with two chairs and two umbrellas I just took them and didn't think much of it. The last time I had the bundle it was completely different, in a black bag had the two Tommy Bahama adult chairs, some kids chairs and and a boogie board with a TB Umbrella. So honestly, this thing has just kind of been morphing and I didn't know it was missing anything.

The bell desk had a really hard time locating it when I arrived, they went into two different rooms and I had to give them the claim check number and insist it was there (they thought maybe I was confused and it was at the south building). Can you tell me, were the chairs loose or in a bag, and were they all Tommy Bahama branded chairs or were a couple a different brand? I may have to give them a better description. I am going to go back on Friday and see if they can find the extra chairs. Still, I don't want to make a huge deal over it as I understand it they are doing us a pretty big favour when we ask for overnight storage (even though we all tip them well).

Please PM me if you happen to have photos of the ones you used or any other info that might help.

Thanks.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chiming in here after being away for a few days to say that when I picked up the large bundle of six chairs and two umbrellas on 11/6, the bell desk person at North had to go look three times to bring all the items out on the one claim check. I split the bundle into two bundles before I left, and on 11/18, I gave @Ryes the four short chairs in the large bag and the blue/white Tommy Bahamas umbrella (bundle 2). Later that day, I gave @JimT the two Tommy Bahamas chairs and the multi-colored Tommy Bahamas umbrella (bundle 1). @JimT left both bundles with the bell desk, so it sounds like the blue bag with the four chairs (one of which is broken and I thought we decided to leave those two out of bundle 2 anyway) is probably still at the bell desk and they just have to look for it. If you happen to get it, just recycle/trash the two small chairs, of which one is broken, and keep the two other small chairs. If they aren't there, then we just have one bundle with two Tommy Bahamas chairs and two umbrellas.

JimT

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were 2 Tommy Bahama chairs (multi-colored) and 2 smaller blue chairs plus the 2 umbrellas.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There were 2 Tommy Bahama chairs (multi-colored) and 2 smaller blue chairs plus the 2 umbrellas.
Okay, that's good. So marmite is only missing two smaller blue chairs. Were they in the carrying bag?

JimT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, that's good. So marmite is only missing two smaller blue chairs. Were they in the carrying bag?
No, the blue chair were "loose". Don't think I received the carrying bag.

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
Why was I removed from the calendar?

Ryes

Reaction score
Chiming in here after being away for a few days to say that when I picked up the large bundle of six chairs and two umbrellas on 11/6, the bell desk person at North had to go look three times to bring all the items out on the one claim check. I split the bundle into two bundles before I left, and on 11/18, I gave @Ryes the four short chairs in the large bag and the blue/white Tommy Bahamas umbrella (bundle 2). Later that day, I gave @JimT the two Tommy Bahamas chairs and the multi-colored Tommy Bahamas umbrella (bundle 1). @JimT left both bundles with the bell desk, so it sounds like the blue bag with the four chairs (one of which is broken and I thought we decided to leave those two out of bundle 2 anyway) is probably still at the bell desk and they just have to look for it. If you happen to get it, just recycle/trash the two small chairs, of which one is broken, and keep the two other small chairs. If they aren't there, then we just have one bundle with two Tommy Bahamas chairs and two umbrellas.
Hi sorry had stopped subscribing to the thread so just seeing this now. As per the input and discussions in this thread from November, bundle 2 was made smaller into 2 chairs and an umbrella. The rest of what formerly comprised of bundle 2 remained in the carrying bag which was left on the balcony of the room. So bundle 2 is 2 chairs and 1 umbrella.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification needed. Are both bundles 2 chairs and 1 umbrella now? Also, when I click on Calendar 2, I can see the calendar but I don’t see any entries. do I need an invite to actually see the reservationa?