• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Entity Owners" (i.e. Trust) Need New Accounts.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I got an email last night from MVC (see below). It states that I need to create a new account for my weeks, which are in a trust. At the end it states "Here's the quick fix". HA! :LOL: Here's the steps for the "quick fix"
  1. Go to marriottvacationclub.com.
  2. Click on Owner Login and Create New Account.
  3. Follow the steps to create a new account using the name and associated customer number of an authorized entity representative.

First I logged into my (old) account. I got in, but I couldn't do anything - I couldn't check my reservations, I couldn't book a week, etc.

So then I followed the instructions in the email... very easy. I went to the login page, clicked on "Create a new account", created a new username and password, and hit Enter. Then it asked for my first and last name, as well as my Customer Number, all of which were included at the end of the email. And guess what? It failed!

Unavailable Customer ID
This customer ID is already connected to an existing account. Try resetting your password to access this existing connection.​

I contacted Owner Services, as directed in the email for any problems, and spent 1/2 hour with an agent in a Chat, who was unable to help me. I tried a different browser. I tried resetting my password as indicated, but nothing worked. He/she said they would report it to web support. So for now I no longer have a working account. Has anyone experienced this? Were you successful? Geez - why is their web stuff so sucky?

(The email follows, up to the 3 easy steps for the quick fix):

Online Enhancements to Entity Ownership Accounts​
As we bring multiple vacation clubs together, many enhancements to your ownership are underway. This includes software upgrades to better support your vacation goals, secure your personal information, and enhance online usability.​
ENTITY OWNERS NEED TO UPDATE THEIR ONLINE ACCOUNTS​
We understand that recent updates have resulted in Entity Owners (those who took legal title to vacation ownership interests in an entity and not in a natural person such, as corporations or trusts) no longer having online access to make or view reservations. We apologize for the inconvenience, and want to help you resolve this as quickly as possible.​
PLEASE CREATE A NEW OWNER LOGIN USING AN AUTHORIZED ENTITY REPRESENTATIVE​
An authorized entity representative, such as a trustee, director, officer or member, on your ownership must now be the person who makes — and is listed on — a reservation.
HERE’S THE QUICK FIX​

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 34,35 and 49,50), DSV 2 (red)
I got the same email last night. Now I have 3 accounts. An account for the trust, an account for me, and an account for my wife.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
This is not new. Our accounts were set up this way back in 2006. Maybe they are helping you to clean up your accounts.

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the exact same position as the OP. Can’t do anything in my account held in in my family trust. Got the email, followed the instructions, got the same response that my customer ID is connected to another account.

Of course it is - it’s connected to my original account that holds the units in the family trust. When they set this account up for us they gave us three account numbers, one for the trust, one for me, one for my wife, but they all have always been connected to the same account that no longer works.

I guess I will be on the phone tomorrow.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Here's the language from the email that has me confused:

"Please note that any number of authorized entity representatives listed may create their own accounts. If you have already created a new web account using the name and customer ID of a Trustee or Representative, no further action is required."

So, how do I know if I'm already good and that no further action is required? The OP wrote:

"First I logged into my (old) account. I got in, but I couldn't do anything - I couldn't check my reservations, I couldn't book a week, etc."

Perhaps I should log in to our existing account and see if I'm able to do something such as make a reservation or prepay maintenance fees?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Each owner number needs its own web profile.

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Each owner number needs its own web profile.
That’s what I am struggling with. My wife and I each have our own account numbers which are different from the basic account, but it will not let me “create a new an account” with either of them as the instructions indicate.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That’s what I am struggling with. My wife and I each have our own account numbers which are different from the basic account, but it will not let me “create a new an account” with either of them as the instructions indicate.
Perhaps you already have an account setup somehow? Try using the "Forgot your username or password" link then select the Username option and enter your name and owner number. If it provides you your username, then use the same method to reset your password.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a data point. I was able to use my phone's web browser to log into the MVC site using my existing trust user name & password as I did the past two weeks. No problems

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a data point. I was able to use my phone's web browser to log into the MVC site using my existing trust user name & password as I did the past two weeks. No problems
Thanks for the additional data point. I can also log in without any trouble using my existing trust user name and password. However, when I try to look at my existing reservations or to reserve one if my weeks, I just get an error.

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you already have an account setup somehow? Try using the "Forgot your username or password" link then select the Username option and enter your name and owner number. If it provides you your username, then use the same method to reset your password.
Thanks. I’ll try that!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional data point. I can also log in without any trouble using my existing trust user name and password. However, when I try to look at my existing reservations or to reserve one if my weeks, I just get an error.
I just posed my phones browser again (Firefox) and successfully :
1) pull up both our upcoming point reservations (looked into the details where they show the amount of points used)
2) tried booking a one night stay next month using points (stopped on the page sheets they asked which bucket of points I wanted to use)

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just tried that. However, it sent me the user name for my existing account, which confirms that both my individual account number and my trust account number are already attached to that account. So I’m back where I started. But thanks for the suggestion!

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just posed my phones browser again (Firefox) and successfully :
1) pull up both our upcoming point reservations (looked into the details where they show the amount of points used)
2) tried booking a one night stay next month using points (stopped on the page sheets they asked which bucket of points I wanted to use)
Tried logging in with Firefox, but still having the same problem. I’ll call in next week. Thanks again for the suggestion.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried logging in with Firefox, but still having the same problem. I’ll call in next week. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Have you tried another web browser which you haven't used before to log onto the MVC website? If it works there, it could be cookies/cache related, in which case simply clearing cookies and cache could resolve your issues with the website

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Have you tried another web browser which you haven't used before to log onto the MVC website? If it works there, it could be cookies/cache related, in which case simply clearing cookies and cache could resolve your issues with the website
I tried using Microsoft's Edge (a browser I never use) instead of my usual Chrome and had the same issue. The person I chatted with said they usually have problems with Firefox.

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an old problem....months old. Many of us found out when we tried to make a reservation or access future availability, and via trial and error found the "new account" solution. Marriott should have sent out an email like this when it first occured, but didn't. So while you can log into your existing/oldl account, you cannot make reservations through it. Each name on your trust can have his/her own account, but there's no need to create more than one. When you create the account, do it for whomever you want to be the primary reservation maker, and ensure you have the correct bonvoy account linked to it. This could have been avoided, but wasn't.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an old problem....months old. Many of us found out when we tried to make a reservation or access future availability, and via trial and error found the "new account" solution. Marriott should have sent out an email like this when it first occured, but didn't. So while you can log into your existing/oldl account, you cannot make reservations through it. Each name on your trust can have his/her own account, but there's no need to create more than one. When you create the account, do it for whomever you want to be the primary reservation maker, and ensure you have the correct bonvoy account linked to it. This could have been avoided, but wasn't.
Does anyone one what causes this? Who (what kind of owner or account) is impacted?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone one what causes this? Who (what kind of owner or account) is impacted?
Any "entity" account. So any deed not owned by an individual. Think trust, living trust, LLC, Corp.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any "entity" account. So any deed not owned by an individual. Think trust, living trust, LLC, Corp.
The account we have been able to successfully log into MVC is under is the trust account. So, it does not seem like all entity accounts are affected

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I will be making a 13 month res in a few weeks. I don't want a surprise when the clock is running and seconds count. So, I did a trial run: logged in to my old/current account, selected a unit, went to the point of selecting the unit, the deposit type, and the check in date. All appeared to work. But I backed out before I fully committed. I suspect that I won't have any issues when I make my 13 month res. But let me know if you think that I may still have a surprise coming.

BTW, I have my Marriott units in a living trust - - so I probably would be considered to be an entity owner.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
The account we have been able to successfully log into MVC is under is the trust account. So, it does not seem like all entity accounts are affected
Just a clarification with terminology something getting confused.

First, our our Marriott deeded weeks are titled under a family trust. We have two existing MVC.com logins, one is under the Trust owner#, the other is under my owner #. My spouse has not created a log on using his owner #, yet (maybe one day). I just realized, all this time (years), I have been logging into MVC.com using my individual owner#, not under the Trust owner#. So, to be clear, I have not been experiencing issues (aside from sluggnishness and the occasional random errors), including looking up reservations, searching for and making reservations using Club Points.

However, this morning, I logged onto MVC.com using the Trust owner# - I get the following when attempting to search for bookings:

Book with Points
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
We apologize, but the Owner/Member associated with the information used to login to the website does not appear to have reservation rights for this inventory, so the system is not able to check availability. To search for availability, an Owner/Member with reservation rights must use their customer number to login to the website, or contact us for assistance.

There is no option to see existing reservations.

Is this the issue people are experiencing with Entity (like Trust) owner# 's ?

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Just a clarification with terminology something getting confused.

First, our our Marriott deeded weeks are titled under a family trust. We have two existing MVC.com logins, one is under the Trust owner#, the other is under my owner #. My spouse has not created a log on using his owner #, yet (maybe one day). I just realized, all this time (years), I have been logging into MVC.com using my individual owner#, not under the Trust owner#. So, to be clear, I have not been experiencing issues (aside from sluggnishness and the occasional random errors), including looking up reservations, searching for and making reservations using Club Points.

However, this morning, I logged onto MVC.com using the Trust owner# - I get the following when attempting to search for bookings:

Book with Points
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
We apologize, but the Owner/Member associated with the information used to login to the website does not appear to have reservation rights for this inventory, so the system is not able to check availability. To search for availability, an Owner/Member with reservation rights must use their customer number to login to the website, or contact us for assistance.

There is no option to see existing reservations.

Is this the issue people are experiencing with Entity (like Trust) owner# 's ?

Back when I moved our weeks into a trust, Marriott gave me 2 new Customer IDs... one for the trust and one for me. They explained that only a PERSON can make reservations, etc. so to use my account for doing so. I'm not sure why the trust needs a customer ID then, but there must be a good reason.

To update my original post, I finally got to speak to someone from Owner Services. For some reason, every time I phoned and selected "6" to speak to someone from Owner Services, I'd get dead space. After a while I'd hang up and try again. But finally somehow I got through and they told me that email was sent to me by mistake; that it was only meant for people who had their weeks in a trust. I told him that my weeks were in a trust, and he said yes, but not to worry, I didn't need to do anything (maybe because my trust already has a Customer ID?). He had me log into my original account, which I did, and this time I was able to check my reservations, book weeks, etc. So I guess I just wasted all that time trying to get the instructions in the email to work, not to mention all the time I wasted chatting and speaking with representatives. I feel like I've been PUNK'd.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score