• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Resorts deedback info - give your unwanted Bluegreen ownership back

bigkenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oasis Lakes at the Fountains Resort
Well things must be happing as I cannot log into the Owner Sign In page on the Bluegreen web site. I`ve not heard back from `Sterling` but I think it’s gone through now so I expect some news officially very, very soon that’s it finally been done and I`m not a Bluegreen owner no more.

bigkenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well an email came through today, thats it, its all done. :-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised that your Bluegreen transfer is now complete. Enclosed
you will find the finalized documents as evidence of the transfer
for your records.
We have confirmed with Bluegreen that you are no longer an owner of Unit
xxxxx, Week xx at The Oasis Lakes Resort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thats it, all done I`m finally finshed with Oasis Lakes, well they have had me for 21/22years
so I`m glad its ended. No more money to find to pay before Christmas every year now.

So it can be done `Deed Back` it works cost me nothing so from March 14th 2022 when I first went onto the Deed Back page at Bluegreen web site until final confirmation today 2nd June 2022 about two and half months in total all completed. Im a happy chap now :)

Dakine

Reaction score
Well an email came through today, thats it, its all done. :-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised that your Bluegreen transfer is now complete. Enclosed
you will find the finalized documents as evidence of the transfer
for your records.
We have confirmed with Bluegreen that you are no longer an owner of Unit
xxxxx, Week xx at The Oasis Lakes Resort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thats it, all done I`m finally finshed with Oasis Lakes, well they have had me for 21/22years
so I`m glad its ended. No more money to find to pay before Christmas every year now.

So it can be done `Deed Back` it works cost me nothing so from March 14th 2022 when I first went onto the Deed Back page at Bluegreen web site until final confirmation today 2nd June 2022 about two and half months in total all completed. Im a happy chap now :)
Im going to give mine back too. I live in Florida and its not worth it anymore to go to any of their resorts for us. We have 3 shih Tzu,s and have found B&B,s that allow them and are a lot cheaper than the Bluegreen scam. Wish I had never visited their 1 hour tour . Could never book on their web site for 4 years at the times I wanted. Even when I looked a year in advance. Almost feel like picketing their resort near here, Tradewinds, with a sign warning others on vacation. Venting here...

bigkenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Im going to give mine back too. I live in Florida and its not worth it anymore to go to any of their resorts for us. We have 3 shih Tzu,s and have found B&B,s that allow them and are a lot cheaper than the Bluegreen scam. Wish I had never visited their 1 hour tour . Could never book on their web site for 4 years at the times I wanted. Even when I looked a year in advance. Almost feel like picketing their resort near here, Tradewinds, with a sign warning others on vacation. Venting here...

My God if I lived in Florida like you said, I would just B&Bs as well. Now with the British Pound so low (this morning was at point $1.03 to a £1) that would kill Brits coming to US and esp paying maintance fees.

Im not over with US as hope to come back and visit friends over in Idaho (but in Summer) and will just be 2 week normal holiday but will wait till £ gets better :)

Im just glad no maintance fees heading my way soon!

dcox66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Aruba

I called the number on this website and provided my info and they offered 3 approaches (I informed them I lost my job and wanted out)

1. list on pinnacle
2. sell myself and do a title change request
3. "responsible exit" pay dues ahead for one year and they will take back the property

I couldn't believe it and immediately asked for the give back. They took a credit card for the dues and said my wife and I would receive exit contract via email in the next 3 weeks. We had 7000 points and maintenance fee was about 1100 dollars.

I logged into BG this morning and our July 2023 trip was canceled the credit for the charge was in the account so it is legit. Thanks to TUGS for your posts and the learning that this was even possible.

bigkenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I called the number on this website and provided my info and they offered 3 approaches (I informed them I lost my job and wanted out)

1. list on pinnacle
2. sell myself and do a title change request
3. "responsible exit" pay dues ahead for one year and they will take back the property

I couldn't believe it and immediately asked for the give back. They took a credit card for the dues and said my wife and I would receive exit contract via email in the next 3 weeks. We had 7000 points and maintenance fee was about 1100 dollars.

I logged into BG this morning and our July 2023 trip was canceled the credit for the charge was in the account so it is legit. Thanks to TUGS for your posts and the learning that this was even possible.

Thats interesting I was a weeks owner I did not have to pay the dues ahead so that seems to be the big difference between weeks and points then for `Deed Back` well done. Im so glad Im out as I would be getting the bill for the maintenance fee in the next couple of weeks. All the best

lkellyhome

Reaction score
Thats interesting I was a weeks owner I did not have to pay the dues ahead so that seems to be the big difference between weeks and points then for `Deed Back` well done. Im so glad Im out as I would be getting the bill for the maintenance fee in the next couple of weeks. All the best
ho did this affect you credit score? Was the transaction a deed in lieu of foreclosure?

lkellyhome

Reaction score
Update on my situation. Good News today. After about 5 weeks I got an email with Deed today. Signed and sent back. Here is what the email said.

From notes made on your account which indicated a request to deedback your timeshare property, I have enclosed the requested Warranty Deed. This is an opportunity to deed your timeshare interest to the Association and cancel all past due and future debts owed to the Association.
How did the deed in lieu affect your credit score?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
deedbacks do not impact your credit score.

lkellyhome

Reaction score
I hope they deal with your deedback quicker than ours, we sent back the notarized forms back over 2 months ago and still haven't heard anything, mind you Sterling Partners are difficult to get a email reply from but ive not recieved any demands for payment of dues so I guess it must be getting sorted (my bluegreen login no longer works either...just checked) so although I havent had any comms it looks like Im finally rid of the time share.....ps I'm in the UK too
Has your credit score been affected? a deed in lieu is short for deed in lieu of foreclosure. A very big hit to credit score and I never had a mortgage with bluegreen.

cabana2000

Reaction score
I am an owner of points from BG bought on Aruba. I understand from this forum that I must pay MF for the comming year when I use the exit program of BG. Are there better ways for an exit (selling, transfer etc.)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if your 2023 fees are due, you are going to have to pay them regardless of any solution you choose to transfer your ownership.

you cant sell, give back, or give away a timeshare if there is a past due or pending balance on the account. it has to be free and clear.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am an owner of points from BG bought on Aruba. I understand from this forum that I must pay MF for the comming year when I use the exit program of BG. Are there better ways for an exit (selling, transfer etc.)
People/Bluegreen owners are always looking for ownerships with priority time in Aruba . Do you belong to any of the Bluegreen Facebook Groups? You could post it for free here on Tug with taker paying $500 transfer fee or on one of the Facebook groups. As long as you are up to date on your maint fees ( did you pay in November for your 2023 points) you will not have to pay anything else.

This is the info you will need to post to give away.
***** Taken from another post

FREE- 35,000 Annual Points.
Sales Type "A" /Trust Fund “E.”

Maintenance Fees ($2562.58) are billed in the month of December and due no later than January 15th. Buyer only pays Bluegreen transfer fee of $500

Description of "deeds" in ownership
Example
16/803-B is deeded at Laurel Crest week is 16, Unit 803B and is 7,000 Points Annual.
01/115BI La Cabana studio week 1 unit 115B & 6,000 annual points

Last edited:

Dakine

Reaction score
Just submitted a request, will update you on what I am told. I was going to list in the bargain section today but figured I would see how they answer before I do. My weeks are prime fixed weeks at Blue Ridge Village, not part of the points.
Did you get a response from them? I called and they wanted one years future maintainence fee up front before they would take it back. Deceitful business and charlatans .

Dakine

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. She financed one through a Barclays Card and the other is currently on auto pay through her checking account with 8 years left. She stopped paying Barclays a year ago. When we visited the resort this weekend to inquire, they said we just owe $400 and can stay there. They talked to me because I have Power of Attorney. That day we found a collection notice from Pinnacle for the resort fees, etc. she has refused to pay. That's about $2,200 now. So, they are charging the dues off to collection, then telling us everything is OK for $400. Weird!
Did you give it back to BG? Im trying to do the same and they want a year's maintenance fee up front.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Did you give it back to BG? Im trying to do the same and they want a year's maintenance fee up front.
They want you to pay 2023 or are they asking for 2024? Other than wyndham, most deedback programs require you to pay the following year if you start the process less than 4-5 months left in the use year.

gogeta813

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Odyssey
Is the deed back program available to everyone? The reason I ask is I have 2 deeds for odyssey on Wisconsin dells and they said the only option they had was to post it on pinnacle. I have no issue giving these back to bluegreen to get out of the yearly fees and I rarely can use it

SJ69

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen (Avoid!)
As a UK owner of far too many points (61k with maint fees this year of over $6k!) I'm 100% done with BG. A $900 increase in MF from last year which was almost the same increase from the year before. Utter cretins. I've messaged them previously to explore exit options but was fobbed off with the Pinnacle BS resale which is a non-starter - expecting to sell this poison chalice is like hoping to win the lottery!
So I've emailed them today to ask about deedback options. I'm expecting to be fobbed off again. Being a Brit, I know it won't defaulting on US debt won't affect my UK credit score, but can they send debt collection abroad and has anyone any experiences of this?
Thanks for any help - I need rid of this now $6000 noose around my neck ASAP!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a UK owner of far too many points (61k with maint fees this year of over $6k!) I'm 100% done with BG. A $900 increase in MF from last year which was almost the same increase from the year before. Utter cretins. I've messaged them previously to explore exit options but was fobbed off with the Pinnacle BS resale which is a non-starter - expecting to sell this poison chalice is like hoping to win the lottery!
So I've emailed them today to ask about deedback options. I'm expecting to be fobbed off again. Being a Brit, I know it won't defaulting on US debt won't affect my UK credit score, but can they send debt collection abroad and has anyone any experiences of this?
Thanks for any help - I need rid of this now $6000 noose around my neck ASAP!
I did a deedback with BlueGreen last year; it went fairly smoothly/quickly and took about two months, but if you have loan with them for the purchase does have to be completely paid off. Out of curiosity, what is the underlying resort/week/unit type for your 61K in points? Depending on what you have, you may be able to give it away to someone here on TUG rather than letting BG have it back to re-sell for profit a second time.

SJ69

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen (Avoid!)
I'm not 100% sure of the underlying property - I believe I remember seeing MountainLoft, TN on the paperwork from years back and the timeshare was converted from 2 weeks in March when it was originally Oasis Lakes in Orlando, FL (now The Fountains) to points when Bluegreen bought the resort 15+ years ago. I checked and I have 66,500 points biennial. So I earn 133,000 points every other year. This year is the earn date.

SJ69

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen (Avoid!)
No loan or mortgage outstanding I'll add!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure of the underlying property - I believe I remember seeing MountainLoft, TN on the paperwork from years back and the timeshare was converted from 2 weeks in March when it was originally Oasis Lakes in Orlando, FL (now The Fountains) to points when Bluegreen bought the resort 15+ years ago. I checked and I have 66,500 points biennial. So I earn 133,000 points every other year. This year is the earn date.
The way BlueGreen works, every points package has a specific resort/unit/week underlying it. When it's "converted" to points, you can either just reserve the specific underlying ownership (up to 13 months out I think) or it becomes points that you can use anywhere in the system and can start booking at 12 months out. The Fountains is a nice enough property, but Orlando is oversaturated with timeshares in general, so might be hard to give away. MountainLoft might be of interest to skiers if it's a winter week underlying it. For BlueGreen it's hard to get people interested just on the basis of points alone because the more popular resorts can be very hard to actually book if it's not your home resort. I previously owned a deed in New Orleans. I used it once at my home resort. Used points once at Big Bear, which was nice. The rest of the time I couldn't get the places/times I wanted even a year in advance, so I wanted out. But I couldn't find anyone who wanted it for free so I ended up deeding it back.

bigkenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had my Oasis Lakes place for about 22 years +/- when it moved over to BG they tried and tried to get me to move over to points (I was in one of the original blocks opp main swimming pool and lake) but they wanted more money off me to do this, I thought that was a joke so just said NO and carried on with just being weeks owner, which I later on started to book different times of the year at `Oasis Lakes` and not just my deeded week so that helped. When the RCI offer stopped being free I stopped using RCI to go to different resorts. All my kids have had loads of happy holidays there also my Dad went a few times and the wife’s Nan so it was well used.

Last year 2022 was my last year at Oasis I got into the Deed Back programme on March 2022 and it was all finalised and signed off by BG on 2nd June 2022 so for me was quick and smooth transition.

So when the end of 2022 came and went it was a blessing not to have to pay maintenance fees for 2023.

I suppose the initial upfront fee I paid all those years ago I`ve lost but for me I`ve got out cleanly with no money paid to lawyers etc. and not ripped off by scams (so easy to get sucked into).

I`ve come out lucky and just remember the good times I had for those years now. I feel sorry for the people (fellow Brits esp.) who are struggling to get out but keep plugging away the deed back programme worked

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
had a recent report from an owner claiming that bluegreen is now charging 2years maintenance fees to surrender an ownership back.

now admittedly that could be due to 2023 being half over, and thus they are asking for 2024 and 2025....but at least they do still appear to be taking paid off ownerships back even if now charging a hefty sum for it.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
had a recent report from an owner claiming that bluegreen is now charging 2years maintenance fees to surrender an ownership back.

now admittedly that could be due to 2023 being half over, and thus they are asking for 2024 and 2025....but at least they do still appear to be taking paid off ownerships back even if now charging a hefty sum for it.
I guess I was lucky with my timing. A couple of years ago I deeded back Bluegreen (my first ever timeshare purchase) completely free of charge. IIRC I started the process in early June (had already used up all that year's points by then) and it was complete by the beginning of July.