• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] New Wyndham payment portal announcement - discussion - reported issues thread

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I tried unsuccessfully to get in last night. I also checked my credit card transactions. I’m on autopay and it usually posts on the 7th or 8th each month. It has not posted so far in August. I’ll call today and see i I can get mu access set up and if there is anything I need to do for autopay.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
OK, for those of you who experience problems with the new PaymentUS portal setup - please contact Wyndham Consumer Finance at 800-251-8736, and have your member ID and other account validation info handy of course.

I had to have my password manually reset by this helpdesk specifically. I'm up and running now and able to access the new finance portal.

Don't call Wyndham Owner Care - or if you do - ask to be transferred to the Consumer Finance helpdesk.
I called in this morning and got the password reset - thanks. It showed I was past due for this months payment. I've been on autopay and never had an issue. I entered my credit card info as it looks like it didn't come across when they transitioned to this system. It also showed a different payment method that I didn't recognize so I called back and got another rep. She said that they are still transitioning and hopefully it would be corrected. So, at least it says I'm not past due but I have two autopay methods setup of which 1 is valid as of today. I'll keep checking back but here's to hope!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I tried unsuccessfully to get in last night. I also checked my credit card transactions. I’m on autopay and it usually posts on the 7th or 8th each month. It has not posted so far in August. I’ll call today and see i I can get mu access set up and if there is anything I need to do for autopay.
For all of us on autopay before this oh so disastrous rollout, please keep us informed as to what you find. I don't really want to call just to sit on hold for hours, at this point, since my autopay date is not until the 27th.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I had tried Saturday, July 30th, as you could see the link on the ownership tab (see post 1). Earlier in the week the ownership tab wasn't available. I called (and reported here) what the VC's told me (they couldn't see the old system or the new yet either, ownership information was not available to anyone, I also read on FB (so it must be true) that people were not able to make payments.

On maybe Tuesday, I could see the link and tried to register and experienced what you posted in post 6. Figured it wasn't ready yet.

Silly me, thought maybe they would announce when it's ready. Kind of like cancelling a reservation and waiting for it to show up again in the system. We should be should be used to this by now (waiting, wondering, try/try again). Design by Wyndham.

This is what I get now: I have to use my 5 digit zip code and the email address on my account or it will say invalid answer.

View attachment 62274

I never set up a password. If I try to forgotten password, I get this (no instruction as to who to contact):
View attachment 62276

Guess I'll try to call in the next few days. Funny they gave you different instruction @hitchhiker as to who to contact. In my original post, I have a phone number they gave me. Honestly, my autopay won't come out til August 29th. Rather than wait on the phone for hours I may wait a few more days. You think everyone is going to has to call? Has anyone been able to access without running into issues?

I haven't had to call into the frontline Consumer Finance 800# as yet but I doubt it'll be the long wait that we're typically seeing when attempting to get through to Owner Care for example. @keno999 when you called in how long did you have to sit on hold? I got right through but I was given a direct dial number to a manager since I had asked to speak to someone so I could help set expectations for others here on TUG and on the online FB groups.

My account in the payment portal currently shows as past due - and my payment processed on July 12 of last month - and I see under Payment History a charge listed for today, August 12, for my monthly MFs, but I don't yet see any like charge in my temporary authorizations section on my credit card. I will check again tomorrow and if I don't see anything I will have to call back in to see what's going on and obtain more info/guidance that may help out some others in the process.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I haven't had to call into the frontline Consumer Finance 800# as yet but I doubt it'll be the long wait that we're typically seeing when attempting to get through to Owner Care for example. @keno999 when you called in how long did you have to sit on hold? I got right through but I was given a direct dial number to a manager since I had asked to speak to someone so I could help set expectations for others here on TUG and on the online FB groups.

My account in the payment portal currently shows as past due - and my payment processed on July 12 of last month - and I see under Payment History a charge listed for today, August 12, for my monthly MFs, but I don't yet see any like charge in my temporary authorizations section on my credit card. I will check again tomorrow and if I don't see anything I will have to call back in to see what's going on and obtain more info/guidance that may help out some others in the process.
I called about 0900 EDT twice - got right through.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called into Financial Services and only waited a minute or so. The CSR I spoke to was fabulous! I explained that I couldn't get into my account and couldn't create a new one, and I also had a payment that was due on 8/6 and it hadn't posted yet. She explained that anyone with a due date of 8/1-8/9 was having their auto payments, manually input into the system so give it another week or so and that should be completed. No late charges would apply, it was just taking a while to do the manual entries. As for my account, she set everything up and got my access rights. I was able to get in and see one of my developer CWA account but not the 2 resale accounts. She couldn't find the problem but I told her I'd give it a few more days to see if they showed up and, if not, I'd call back. I also looked at the Payment History and it showed my payment processing today.

At one point in the call, I asked her if this is what she did all day. She said, yes, pretty much. I said, I'm sorry. She said, "no, no, no. I love it!" She was so nice and cheerful and very helpful.

troy12n

Reaction score
My MF didn't auto process yet either, it usually does on the 4th or 5th of the month. I, like everyone else I guess tried to register with the link off the financial page of our owners website and got the same error everyone else is getting.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I forgot to put this in my previous post. The reason I couldn’t register my account is because they had the wrong email address. I bought 2 resale contracts in 2020 and the email they had on file in the payment system was the person I bought them from. Once she got that changed, I was able to register my account and create my password.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Just spent about 10 minutes on hold, got the password reset, and now have access.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
My MFs should have been charged to my CC on 8/4. I tried logging into paymentus a few days ago but had the issues everyone is reporting.
I just received an email from WyndhamVacationClubs@paymentus.com indicating my MF payment had been received and was posted to my account.
I also now see it as pending on my CC.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oy - can I request to remove my posts about being excited for this new functionality (that was a joke @hitchhiker).

I did call. She was very nice and was able to help me, painful as the overall experience was.

First they had one heck of time finding me on the account, I needed to give them a contract I was on, that's how they found me. Before they found me on a contract, it looked like I was going to have to call someone else and have them give permission to speak to me (my husband truly enjoys those type conversations, but he was golfing).

They had to reset my password (which I really don't think I ever set in the first place).

Upon logging in with the temporary password so I could update it, I erroneously entered a 9 character password (it needs to be 10), so got an error message.

Error messages don't clear, so it didn't look like my password was updating when I entered a 10 character one. But it did. At this point that's the only good thing I can say. Well that and my autopay posted on July 29th so I have plenty of time to figure things out.

I see my contracts with the incorrect payment method showing (showing echeck, which is wrong). I can't seem to find a total bill. But this with a 2 year old at nap time and 4 year making cookies was as much fun as I could stand for today. I hung up and will look further when I can spend more time on it.

I'm assuming everyone is going to have to call? Unless they are working on some better fixes. When she couldn't find me on the account, she said they were still inputting data and to try in a day or two (but then I had her look at a contract).

Good luck to all!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So it looks like I was right, and the system didn't automatically change us over, so it's being manually done by Wyndham for those of us who are already on autopay. I just got a confirmation today that our payment applied for one account, but not on the other.

Wyndham has lost their credibility with this changeover that failed.

Irony of ironies, this is the exact same system Shell has been using for years, and it's always been difficult to maneuver. Figures. Wyndham is proving once again that they are inept.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
A little bit of weirdness here!

My August maintenance fee posted as a pending charge today (8/12) to my Navy Fed VISA card. Good that I'm not delinquent but I never authorized maintenance fees to be charged to my VISA card. For years, maintenance fees have been charged to my Navy Fed MasterCard on or about the 8th of the month. Wyndham has my VISA card number because that's the card I used for guest confirmations, also the one time a few years back that I paid for points protection.

Supposedly, if we were set up for automatic payments, we didn't have to do anything to accommodate Paymentus. For some reason, they couldn't process the payment as before so they did what they thought was the next best thing. (Wonder what would happen if I told NFCU that the transaction was not authorized?)

Last edited:

WManning

Reaction score
So it looks like I was right, and the system didn't automatically change us over, so it's being manually done by Wyndham for those of us who are already on autopay. I just got a confirmation today that our payment applied for one account, but not on the other.

Wyndham has lost their credibility with this changeover that failed.

Irony of ironies, this is the exact same system Shell has been using for years, and it's always been difficult to maneuver. Figures. Wyndham is proving once again that they are inept.
Their credibility was gone a long time ago.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't check this at all, because I assumed I'd just continue. I can't seem to log in using my current email and Wyndham password, and also can't seem to create a new account on the payments site.

I will try to call in on Monday to check I guess.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I see my contracts with the incorrect payment method showing (showing echeck, which is wrong).

my individual contracts all show in the portal with that same thing, which I’ve never set up. There is a different entry for the master account number that shows properly with the credit card. I’m assuming (terrible to do, I know) that maybe they pay the HOAs via echeck, after they collect from me?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe this post piggybacks on this one....adding link as its going in newsletter tomorrow!

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot get into the Paymentus system at all. I have narrowed it down to what email they want though. It tells me that it is already set up. No dice on the password though.

My MF were due last week. I checked my CC and it wasn't pending or charged. So I did go through the one time payment box. That one had no problem linking my account number to the correct payment account. Unfortunately I got the big red box telling me that my account was past due and that my reservations may be canceled.

If the system starts canceling reservations due to past due MF, this is going to become a cluster FAST.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I checked this morning and my Easypay MF payment is now pending on my credit card. I’m still seeing the past due message and only one of 3 contracts. I’ll give them a few more days before calling back. At least I know the payment has been made.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Mine usually comes out of my Barclays Visa on the 3rd of the month but came out on the 12th this month. No action on my part.

I’m not even going to click the dreaded ‘log into my account’ button for a month or two in hopes that registration is working by then.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
A little bit of weirdness here!

My August maintenance fee posted as a pending charge today (8/12) to my Navy Fed VISA card. Good that I'm not delinquent but I never authorized maintenance fees to be charged to my VISA card. For years, maintenance fees have been charged to my Navy Fed MasterCard on or about the 8th of the month. Wyndham has my VISA card number because that's the card I used for guest confirmations, also the one time a few years back that I paid for points protection.

Supposedly, if we were set up for automatic payments, we didn't have to do anything to accommodate Paymentus. For some reason, they couldn't process the payment as before so they did what they thought was the next best thing. (Wonder what would happen if I told NFCU that the transaction was not authorized?)
Yikes, this might scare me the most -- I didn't think they saved various cards we've used (I always have to enter my card info).

my individual contracts all show in the portal with that same thing, which I’ve never set up. There is a different entry for the master account number that shows properly with the credit card. I’m assuming (terrible to do, I know) that maybe they pay the HOAs via echeck, a
Good point - I wonder what will happen to the people we've read about that said finance fixed those? Will their credit cards get charged instead of the echeck thing to the HOA. Of course, yup, ASSuming what you suggested may be what's going on.

I cannot get into the Paymentus system at all. I have narrowed it down to what email they want though. It tells me that it is already set up. No dice on the password though.

My MF were due last week. I checked my CC and it wasn't pending or charged. So I did go through the one time payment box. That one had no problem linking my account number to the correct payment account. Unfortunately I got the big red box telling me that my account was past due and that my reservations may be canceled.

If the system starts canceling reservations due to past due MF, this is going to become a cluster FAST.
I don't recall ever putting in a password, once I got past figuring out what email address, member number, and zip code. Once I got past that, I had to call and have them reset my password. Has anyone gotten in without have to call? What a nightmare.

Gosh let's hope they don't start cancelling. Given when they've messed up before and cancelled, they think giving points back (and not reinstating a reservation) is an acceptable solution. Ahhhh.

Good luck to all!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I checked this morning and my Easypay MF payment is now pending on my credit card. I’m still seeing the past due message and only one of 3 contracts. I’ll give them a few more days before calling back. At least I know the payment has been made.

I signed up for the text alerts via the paymentUS portal and overnight I received a text indicating my autopay was submitted. Checked my credit card temporary authorizations this morning and I see my MFs reflected. I did not take any action in the portal to make this happen - so it’s encouraging to me to see that the autopay - at least for my account - seems to have transitioned to paymentUS without having to take any action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTKENT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shore Crest x2
The Links x2
Grandview vegas x2
Williamsburg plantation x1
Seawatch Plantation 329k
OK, so I just tried using this service for the first time. I didn't get very far, so I'm looking for a few brave souls to try this out and see if you experience the same issues. I followed the steps in the email I received as follows:

View attachment 62246

So I clicked on the Frist Time User? link. I filled out the three fields (email, member ID, zip code). I received the following response:

View attachment 62247

I had never tried this previously, so this response was confusing. I then backed out via the "Close" button and tried to login using my existing Wyndham creds - no dice. I then decided to try the "Forgot your password?" link, and received the following response:

View attachment 62249

So right out of the date - I cannot create a profile - and I cannot reset my password online. I'm pretty much dead in the water. I'm already escalating this to Wyndham - but figured I'd post here to see how far any of my other TUGGERs have gotten...
Just tried mine today same thing!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Mine usually comes out of my Barclays Visa on the 3rd of the month but came out on the 12th this month. No action on my part.

I’m not even going to click the dreaded ‘log into my account’ button for a month or two in hopes that registration is working by then.

The FAQs indicate that anyone who had autopay set up between Aug 1-9 would experience a delay during the transition to paymentUS however there would be no negative impact - only a delay in the autopay - which is what seems to have occurred with my account personally. If anyone has a different experience - please post back into either of the paymentUS threads and keep us apprised of your issues and resolution experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troy12n

Reaction score
Like I said the other day, my MF normally hit my WR Visa on August 4 or 5, well, this morning a temporary authorization for what looks like my August MF's showed up, so I guess they did it.

My question is, if we had autopay set up before, do we even have to do anything in the new system or not? It's not clear. I realize eventually it's probably a good idea to go in and set this up, but if autopay is going to continue to work, is there any need to do this in the near term?

Also, since it's a temporary authorization, I won't know for another day or two if I got the 4x bonus WR points properly. If anyone else uses the WR Visa to pay MF's and the transaction has cleared and is showing WR points allocated, did they do it right or is it just a 1:1? If we don't get bonus points, I will probably transition this to a different card like the Chase one.