• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I was contacted in regard to a deal for Redweek 4 bedrooms at Massanutten Woodstone for $2400 with 131,000-137,000 Points. Is this a good deal?

yoneko

Reaction score
Hello, I got contacted by a seller and for $2400 including transfer and closing costs, they would like to sell a week 26 Deluxe unit at Woodstone that has been converted to 130,500 points (66,500 and 64,000) home week in 2023 is july 1-8. MF in 2022 were $959. For the same price they have a week 27 Woodstone that has been converted to 137,000 points (70,000 and 67,000) home week in 2023 is July 8-15. MF in 2022 were $991. My points/usage would start in 2023 as would my MF's. LT transfers would do the transfer. Is this a good deal or should I wait for Regal Vistas red week 178,000. I would love to travel around the world with my family of 4 (2 adults; 2 kids).

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
For comparison tochoa has a Regal Vista 4BR 178K RCI points up on eBay for buy it now price of $2699.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have been divesting of RCI Points. A lot of others are too because I have never seen so many Grandview for sale. At one time, I had over 500K annual in RCI Points between Australia, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort in SC, and Foxhills in WI. It costs a lot to book Wyndham Shearwater for two weeks, plus I was getting Disney inventory for us and the kids.

There are still some great things in RCI, but ongoing searches are necessary for places like Door County, WI or Marco Island. But they do work, and I am glad of it. I do not have enough II deposits for our 22 weeks of travel a year (now we own 5 weeks on Maui that we always use ourselves).

yoneko

Reaction score
For comparison tochoa has a Regal Vista 4BR 178K RCI points up on eBay for buy it now price of $2699.
I saw that. Do you think that is a great deal with all of the MF fees you have to pay after purchasing? It will come up to over $5,000 up front plus you have to pay MF for 2023.

yoneko

Reaction score
I have been divesting of RCI Points. A lot of others are too because I have never seen so many Grandview for sale. At one time, I had over 500K annual in RCI Points between Australia, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort in SC, and Foxhills in WI. It costs a lot to book Wyndham Shearwater for two weeks, plus I was getting Disney inventory for us and the kids.

There are still some great things in RCI, but ongoing searches are necessary for places like Door County, WI or Marco Island. But they do work, and I am glad of it. I do not have enough II deposits for our 22 weeks of travel a year (now we own 5 weeks on Maui that we always use ourselves).
Are you saying that you think Grandview is a better deal than Massanutten?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Are you saying that you think Grandview is a better deal than Massanutten?
No, not saying that. I have no skin in this game. There are just a lot of RCI Points for sale at many resorts. The Grandview points are something I always wanted because the MF's have stayed very low.

As far as reimbursing MF's for this year, if you can use the points this year, or can handle having double the points for next year, then paying the MF's is a personal decision you need to make. You could contact the seller and maybe offer less money in closing costs or MF's to reimburse.

I think with RCI Platinum you can (still) extend your points for free, and the platinum RCI account was not that much more, so double the points for one year, and you can move the newer points each year for free. I may be wrong about that. I just pay whatever RCI tells me I have to pay, but I have been using all of my points ahead a year. I don't let them sit there unused.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I saw that. Do you think that is a great deal with all of the MF fees you have to pay after purchasing? It will come up to over $5,000 up front plus you have to pay MF for 2023.
Each listing has its own pros and cons of course...I believe the eBay listing gives you 178K RCI points right at closing and annually, which is way more than the 130K of course and would allow you to take many more trips immediately.

yoneko

Reaction score
Each listing has its own pros and cons of course...I believe the eBay listing gives you 178K RCI points right at closing and annually, which is way more than the 130K of course and would allow you to take many more trips immediately.
True, it gives you 178,00 points for 2021 and 2022 with the payment of the MF for those years. I am not sure I can use 178,000 points by May 2023 which is when the 2021 points expire. Does anyone know how much this would retail for if it wasn't on ebay?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Also wondering a bit about how you were contacted about the Redweek listing?
Just watch out for fraudsters.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
True, it gives you 178,00 points for 2021 and 2022 with the payment of the MF for those years. I am not sure I can use 178,000 points by May 2023 which is when the 2021 points expire. Does anyone know how much this would retail for if it wasn't on ebay?
Buying directly from Massanutten it would be in the $45,000 range.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Retail?" No idea. To me, retail is developer, so probably $15-30K. The big selling point would be low MF's. Someone paid retail.

In 1981, we bought a timeshare in Fraser, CO, which was incredibly nice, no amenities but by a river. We bought a week 25, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit. It was about $7,000. Way overpaid for that one because you cannot even give those away today. It didn't get better with time, believe me. The fees are still very low for what it is, but it's really just a place to stay. There is a hot tub in a clubhouse. No washer/dryer in the units.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Also wondering a bit about how you were contacted about the Redweek listing? I'm not seeing anything close to what you are describing listed on Redweek for Regal Vista.
Just watch out for fraudsters.
It was a reply to a wanted to buy on Tug marketplace responding to a want ad for Regal Vista or Woodstone in points.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

yoneko

Reaction score
It was a reply to a wanted to buy on Tug marketplace responding to a want ad for Regal Vista or Woodstone in points.
Hi T, I will make a decision by Monday to move forward or not on the Woodstone. This would be my first timeshare purchase and I want to make sure what I am doing. I almost made a $10,000 mistake by buying directly from Massanutten. Thanks to TUB members I rescinded in time.
I do remember seeing on ebay listings where the MF was paid and you get free points starting out and I am trying to decide if I want to wait for something like that or not. I do think your offer is fair though. I am not sure how many RCI points I need for a family of 4 but 130,000 might be a good starting point. What have you been able to do with 130,000 annual points?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last week I was in Ocean City at Lighthouse point Villas, about 3 blocks from the ocean for 37,000 for the week (2 BR) plus $259 exchange fee and $90 resort fee. Tomorrow night, I am headed to Virginia Beach Ocean Key resort for 13 nights for 117, 500 points in a 2 BR across the street from the ocean for $259 exchange fee and a $64 housekeeping fee for not staying the full second week. I have a 3 BR ocean front in Myrtle Beach booked for next May for 85,000 plus exchange fee and resort fee.

It is hard to say exactly what it would get you because points resorts during prime time can range from 40,000-100,00+ per week depending on how many points rci awards the resort. At the very least you should be able to get 1 week (and maybe 2) in a prime summer beach location (if you are lucky enough to get one which may require an ongoing search or more) plus 1-2 last minute trips to Massanutten. We often do either 2 partial weeks (only using 4 nights of the week) or 1 partial week plus 1 full week depending on what else we book.

yoneko

Reaction score
Last week I was in Ocean City at Lighthouse point Villas, about 3 blocks from the ocean for 37,000 for the week (2 BR) plus $259 exchange fee and $90 resort fee. Tomorrow night, I am headed to Virginia Beach Ocean Key resort for 13 nights for 117, 500 points in a 2 BR across the street from the ocean for $259 exchange fee and a $64 housekeeping fee for not staying the full second week. I have a 3 BR ocean front in Myrtle Beach booked for next May for 85,000 plus exchange fee and resort fee.

It is hard to say exactly what it would get you because points resorts during prime time can range from 40,000-100,00+ per week depending on how many points rci awards the resort. At the very least you should be able to get 1 week (and maybe 2) in a prime summer beach location (if you are lucky enough to get one which may require an ongoing search or more) plus 1-2 last minute trips to Massanutten. We often do either 2 partial weeks (only using 4 nights of the week) or 1 partial week plus 1 full week depending on what else we book.
[/QUOT
Nice, have you gone to other countries as well? I would like to go to one new country a year (e.g., Antigua, Barbados, London, France, Dubai, etc.) Or do timeshares work better nationally? I don't have access to the RCI database so I really don't know these things.

yoneko

Reaction score
Nice, have you gone to other countries as well? I would like to go to one new country a year (e.g., Antigua, Barbados, London, France, Dubai, etc.) Or do timeshares work better nationally? I don't have access to the RCI database so I really don't know these things.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone can see the RCI resort directory. I think you just go to RCI.com

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Someone bought the 178K 4BR Regal Vista on eBay.

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico

Grandview everyone is trying to get rid of I have a friend at our resort in PV mexico that is trying to get rid of his i just can see us stay 7 days in Vegas even if they would let you split it up.