• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oh snap, we probably have covid in the house.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Chances are you're fine. My husband tested right alongside me the whole time I was testing, and he was never positive, and never had any symptoms. My test results were these:

View attachment 61171

The 6/29 test was three days after my symptoms started.

Dave

How long did you test positive Dave ?

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
How long did you test positive Dave ?

Bill

See the picture I posted in Reply #25. Test dates were written on the sample stick. Three days after my symptoms started, I did a first test, 6/29, and it was positive. I saw my doctor that day, and started treating my symptoms. Within three or four days those symptoms were gone, and I felt fine. But I continued testing positive, and on 7/10 I finally tested negative. So I'd say ten to twelve days?

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chances are you're fine. My husband tested right alongside me the whole time I was testing, and he was never positive, and never had any symptoms. My test results were these:

View attachment 61171

The 6/29 test was three days after my symptoms started.

Dave

My wife's cough started Monday night and was not persistent and she didn't feel sick. Tuesday her cough became persistent so we called people to see if anyone was sick. No one was sick. Out of preauctuation she took a covid test and was positive then began with the meds on Tuesday night. She slept in the guest room on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning she was wonky. Yesterday was the bad day but I can tell today is a good day.

We received a call about a hour ago letting us know that a persons 82 year old mother in hospice has tested positive. This is likely the source.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My wife's cough started Monday night and was not persistent and she didn't feel sick. Tuesday her cough became persistent so we called people to see if anyone was sick. No one was sick. Out of preauctuation she took a covid test and was positive then began with the meds on Tuesday night. She slept in the guest room on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning she was wonky. Yesterday was the bad day but I can tell today is a good day.

We received a call about a hour ago letting us know that a persons 82 year old mother in hospice has tested positive. This is likely the source.

Bill

Hopefully your wife will have a mild case. Mine was mainly major head cold symptoms, but not a lot of cough. As I'd mentioned, no fever, body aches, exhaustion, or any sort of GI issues. After the sinus stuff stopped, the cough did continue for a bit. I think that's what the Benzonanate medication they gave me was for - a pill to reduce cough. The cough continued until a few days before I tested negative. It was never a bad cough, just a steady one. After the sinus dried up, the cough eventually ended, too.

My husband slept in the Guest Bedroom at the other end of the house until I tested negative. But we still prepared meals together, ate together, and whatever else. So there wasn't a whole lot of isolation. We figured by the time I tested positive, he'd already been exposed.

Dave

Brett

Reaction score

Bill

OK - get well

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hope your wife is doing better @easyrider and that you are able to stay well.

It's crazy contagious right now, IMO. No survey to refer to, just so many people I know getting it (including myself). Personally extremely thankful we were able to hold off this long, feel that vaccinations and the virus mutating to where it is now helped us immensely.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The home COVID tests generally do not show positive until about day 4 of the infection. When I had COVID in May, the day my symptoms appeared took a home test, which came back negative. But but I knew not to trust the home test. So I went out for PCR, and that came back positive. It wasn't until three days later that my home tests turned positive.

A benefit to getting a breakthrough COVID infection is that you should have the most robust immunity available. Now your body will be trained to identify and attack all parts of the virus, not just spike protein snippets that are in the currently available vaccines.

Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I agree with the info about the delay in rapid tests catching COVID. Had a sore throat Tuesday, tested Wednesday and was negative. Thursday night got hit with a full list of COVID symptoms and tested again this a.m. and got a positive result. Off to see about getting Plaxlovid now.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Well wishes to everyone. I went thru it last summer. The delta variant was no joke but I only felt bad for 2 days. Taste/smell returned faintly on day 4 and fully by end of day 5. That plus cough and bodyaches was the worst. My spouse was sick for a couple days just before me but never got tested but we assumed that’s how I got it. Kids did not get it until later so being around someone with it doesn’t mean you will get it.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even though I tested negative yesterday, last night was full on flu like symptoms. I had called our doctor for my wife and told them today that we both test positive. So we will drive to a facility and get tested by a clinician while in our car and get some Plaxlovid is what it looks like.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I feel pretty good. Cooked a big breakfast and loaded the SousVide for tonight. My wife was feeling good on Friday. She has lost her sense of taste and smell. For both of us it was like a two day flu. My main symptom was a headache that started on the right side of my head that traveled 180 to the left side and was gone this morning. For the headache I went old school and alternated hot and cold water on the back of my head for about 3 minutes at least a dozen times for two days. I did use Tylenol for the headache as well. I'm two days behind my my wife on symptoms and recovery but I think I'm recovered. I plan on taking it easy today, eat some food and do something productive tomorrow.

We were feeling better by the time we would have went to a clinic to get Paxlovid so we didn't go in. We did use our stash of Ivermectin as prescribed at 5 -3mg tabs a day and other items like vit d, vit c, zinc , nasal spray and mouthwash for 5 days. I'm on day 5 today. What we noticed is that taking all 5 pills together was not for us so we broke it up into two pills in the morning, two in the afternoon and one before bed. We also used a sleep aid called Tylenol PM and this kept us sleeping for 10 - 12 hours.

I'm not willing to argue about this. Many of the off colored comments in other posts about Ivermectin use did lead to anxiety about my choice of treatment.

Bill

20220731_114049.jpg

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wisconsin version of my husbands memorial is Tuesday, had the Florida version a couple weeks ago. My niece flew in from Italy and her parents from New York. My brother in law picked them up, didn’t mention he felt sick. He has COVID.
My son went on a trip with his in-laws and another relative. Four of them are sick. Just got home. He is supposed to deliver the eulogy. Praying it’s not COVID
Have 25 relatives coming, several more friends coming from out of town. Was able to book two sleep ten and one sleep six. One cousin got a hotel. My sisters won’t share beds, want four beds for five people.
I ordered buffet for 35 plus pizzas for ten kids, but now more are coming. Restaurant says food is already ordered. Every day I get someone backing out Or adding on.
Problem is my daughter put it on Facebook and loads of her friends are coming. One even flew up from Florida.
My niece is an opera singer, but apparently I was supposed to get a piano accompanist for her. Now wait, it is on a deck because she and my sister and brother in law do not go inside or eat inside a restaurant.
i ordered soft drinks and iced tea, so hopefully those that came locally will get bored, just pay their respects, and go to the bar.
now they told me that the electric outlets won’t work on the deck!

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you feeling better. Your choice of treatment is yours alone. I have argued with you a lot, but I have never wished for any bad outcomes.

I appreciate that emeryjre.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We weren't the only ones to get covid last week. I know seven people that had it last week besides us. Four of them are on Paxlovid , two on Ivermectin and one on Jack Daniels. The guy on Jack Daniels is always on Jack Daniels and even though he tested positive he didn't get sick.

The gal in hospice who caught it has recovered and tested positive but wasn't really sick. The daughter of the hospice gal is who was in contact with my wife. OR it could be my sister in law's sisters get together dinner because she has bad covid and started Paxlovid. She says Paxlovid made a difference.

My wife and I are recovered. I actually went for a ride this morning. Nice to have this behind us.

Bill

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that things are going well. Thanks for the update.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with the Paxlovid therapy? I find it interesting that the president and Dr Fauci were both quadruple vaxed, got Covid, took Paxlovid and then had a rebound case. Good for Pfizer, bad for them!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with the Paxlovid therapy? I find it interesting that the president and Dr Fauci were both quadruple vaxed, got Covid, took Paxlovid and then had a rebound case. Good for Pfizer, bad for them!
Exact same scenario for my sister

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My mother was given paxlovid in June. But she wasn't tested again after 10 days (just let out of isolation). Her case wasn't bad to begin with (she had it in January and at that time had monoclonal antibodies, fwiw). She is all pfizer - 2 vaccines and a booster (and last month another pfizer booster). My mother lives in a memory care unit of 12 people, that had a breakout about 2 weeks ago. 9 others have gotten it (they went out for their first luncheon in over 2 years, many of the residents (memory care and some traditional that went to the luncheon) and one staff seemed to have caught it at that time)). My mom did test negative at that time. All tests mentioned were rapid. How's that for a superspreader event? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

My first thought on paxlovid is probably not worth the risk of a relapse. But reading stats etc. on it, it is thought to work well. And so maybe what they need to be doing is retesting at 12-15 days out? I don't know, still so many unknowns.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The Wisconsin version of my husbands memorial is Tuesday, had the Florida version a couple weeks ago. My niece flew in from Italy and her parents from New York. My brother in law picked them up, didn’t mention he felt sick. He has COVID.
My son went on a trip with his in-laws and another relative. Four of them are sick. Just got home. He is supposed to deliver the eulogy. Praying it’s not COVID
Have 25 relatives coming, several more friends coming from out of town. Was able to book two sleep ten and one sleep six. One cousin got a hotel. My sisters won’t share beds, want four beds for five people.
I ordered buffet for 35 plus pizzas for ten kids, but now more are coming. Restaurant says food is already ordered. Every day I get someone backing out Or adding on.
Problem is my daughter put it on Facebook and loads of her friends are coming. One even flew up from Florida.
My niece is an opera singer, but apparently I was supposed to get a piano accompanist for her. Now wait, it is on a deck because she and my sister and brother in law do not go inside or eat inside a restaurant.
i ordered soft drinks and iced tea, so hopefully those that came locally will get bored, just pay their respects, and go to the bar.
now they told me that the electric outlets won’t work on the deck!
Thinking of you @rapmarks, hope everything goes well today. Getting together and paying respects is all that matter. I hope you find some comfort today with family and friends.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My sister in law is a recently retired ICU nurse and she came down with covid last week. She received Paxlovid and says she has a bad metallic taste but it is making a difference in her symptoms. Her other complaint is upset stomach. Even though it was thought to have been available for some time it has only recently become widely available this year.

Paxlovid is a therapy protease inhibitor which includes the new nirmatrelvir that is "boosted" by an older protease inhibitor called ritonavir. Ritonavir was developed for HIV therapies and has been in use since the mid-90's after going through the full FDA approval process. It is repurposed as a part of Paxlovid. Nirmatrelvir is a newer drug regarding approvals. The combination of these two drugs is Paxlovid and has EUA with not too much time in use.

Paxlovid is a six pill a day therapy for five days with a night and morning dose both clearly marked. The night and morning pills are exactly the same pills not dependent on a persons body weight is what is interesting.

Bill

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the people I know who recently had Covid only took OTC products as needed and let it run its course. Most had mild or no symptoms and treated it the same as a cold or flu and it went away on its own. One person tested positive for 7 days, long after symptoms went away. I think I would just take my chances unless I had complications.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
All the people I know who recently had Covid only took OTC products as needed and let it run its course. Most had mild or no symptoms and treated it the same as a cold or flu and it went away on its own. One person tested positive for 7 days, long after symptoms went away. I think I would just take my chances unless I had complications.
Oh gosh, you have no idea the anxiety reaction I have to people saying they're "just going to take my chances" with COVID. I know, I know, statistically speaking there is a much better chance of full recovery with no lasting effects, but there are risks that everybody should at least acknowledge. :)

Bill, I'm glad you and your wife are on the mend. Be in tune with your bodies and don't be shy in reporting the slightest oddities to your doctors. :)

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We went to a thrice postponed wedding on Friday night hoping to dodge the bullet but we both both got it. I started feeling it coming on on Sunday night and tested positive on Monday afternoon. My husband tested positive on Tuesday morning. He is mostly recovered and hasn't been that ill. I on the other had have been pretty sick, but being on immunosuppressants I am not surprised. Based upon my reactions to the vaccine I expected that I would have problems with the actual virus and that is exactly how it has gone. I ran a fever for 3 days - between 100 and 102 even on tylenol. Plus terrible fatigue, lots of coughing and body aches. I have been on paxlovid since Tuesday, hoping that I don't get a rebound case. It helps noticeably with my symptoms, but I am having GI issues and the weird taste in my mouth. So it's a mixed bag, but when it starts to wear off my lungs feel heavy and tickly. On the other hand a local guy, aged 35, passed away from covid three days ago, so I am going to give myself the best shot that I can. Here's a link to his gofund me - just for reference. Such a sad story. https://www.gofundme.com/f/anthony-...expenses?qid=747aed9a5ecdfd477d440a81051f3ed3

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We went to a thrice postponed wedding on Friday night hoping to dodge the bullet but we both both got it. I started feeling it coming on on Sunday night and tested positive on Monday afternoon. My husband tested positive on Tuesday morning. He is mostly recovered and hasn't been that ill. I on the other had have been pretty sick, but being on immunosuppressants I am not surprised. Based upon my reactions to the vaccine I expected that I would have problems with the actual virus and that is exactly how it has gone. I ran a fever for 3 days - between 100 and 102 even on tylenol. Plus terrible fatigue, lots of coughing and body aches. I have been on paxlovid since Tuesday, hoping that I don't get a rebound case. It helps noticeably with my symptoms, but I am having GI issues and the weird taste in my mouth. So it's a mixed bag, but when it starts to wear off my lungs feel heavy and tickly. On the other hand a local guy, aged 35, passed away from covid three days ago, so I am going to give myself the best shot that I can. Here's a link to his gofund me - just for reference. Such a sad story. https://www.gofundme.com/f/anthony-...expenses?qid=747aed9a5ecdfd477d440a81051f3ed3
Hope you get better soon. No relapses!