• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Review Two Bedroom at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II - The Enclaves In Palm Desert Ca

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
The Marriott Shadow Ridge is a very high end timeshare located about two hours east of Los Angeles. It is a few miles to the west of Palm Springs. There are two resorts in one (Shadow Ridge I and Shadow Ridge II) which means there are lots of pools to choose from. For those looking to save money, there is a Costco just off the freeway on the way to the Marriott Shadow Ridge.

The Jacuzzis and pools are wonderful. There are plenty of grills and the kitchen is fully stocked. The two bedroom has a pull out couch in the living room and the second bedroom has two large beds. Staff was great.

Review Two Bedroom at Marriott's Shadow Ridge II - The Enclaves In Palm Desert Ca

Map of all my timeshare reviews

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Love this resort. Go every summer. Haven’t stayed at the Enclaves even though we tend to camp out at the pool there.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love this resort. Go every summer. Haven’t stayed at the Enclaves even though we tend to camp out at the pool there.
They are connected so I am guessing the rooms are very similar...

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
They are connected so I am guessing the rooms are very similar...
No, totally different layouts. Enclaves are the worst traditional (non-Pulse) units ever built by Marriott that I've seen. They were dubbed "the villa of the future," but the future was not bright. The 1BR is not a true bedroom, as there is an accordion wall separating it from the living area, not an actual wall. Zero privacy, and very small as well. Only upside is the location to the pool area, but not worth the room type IMO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We stayed in an Enclaves 2BR lock off last year and it was okay. The studio is inferior to any other studio, small and no balcony. The 1BR is okay for just a couple. I think the accordion door was replaced with a rolling barn style, as we saw no accordian door. There is little privacy really with the living room right beside the bedroom. If one spouse wants to sleep in and the other watch TV, it won't work very well. We are staying in a 2BR in the villages section in a few weeks and I expect a more traditional Marriott 2BR lockoff.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can see the unit floor plans of any resort on MVC and often on Marriott.com. Marriott usually lists the square footage too.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You can see the unit floor plans of any resort on MVC and often on Marriott.com. Marriott usually lists the square footage too.
Floor plans are also available on MarriottVacationClub.com.

sunski

Reaction score
I've found that sometimes the floor plans are not all shown accurately. For example, at the Enclaves there are two one bedroom type rooms but the mvc website only shows the Villages floor plans. If you click the links in the DC booking options, it only shows the larger one bedroom floor plan. The pictures on the website are not current either. There is now a solid wall and a heavy barn door that separates the living room from the bedroom. Hence the different descriptions mentioned above. I thought the larger one bedroom in the Enclaves was pretty typical of Marriott Villas. I liked the leather chair and ottoman in the bedroom. That's the nicest furniture pieces that I have seen in a Marriott. The one thing that I really didn't like is that apparently there are no screen doors in any of the units there, so getting fresh air without also letting in bugs seems like it might be a challenge.

sunski

Reaction score
The two bedroom has a pull out couch in the living room and the second bedroom has two large beds.
I'm surprised that the second bedroom has two beds. Is this correct? I've stayed in the Villages (original) and studio was typical with king bed and sleeper sofa. I'm pretty sure it's the same bedding in the studios in the Enclaves as well and shows this in the website pictures.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm surprised that the second bedroom has two beds. Is this correct? I've stayed in the Villages (original) and studio was typical with king bed and sleeper sofa. I'm pretty sure it's the same bedding in the studios in the Enclaves as well and shows this in the website pictures.
I just replayed the video and there are definitely two beds in the second bedroom. At about the 2:03 of the video.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The
The two beds vs one are the difference between a non lock off and lock off. The unit Cliff was in for this video was a dedicated 2BR unit. We had a lock off 2BR last year in Enclaves and it had a king with a pullout sofa. So Enclaves has both kinds as well as a Deluxe 2BR that lock off into two 1BR units.

sunski

Reaction score
The

The two beds vs one are the difference between a non lock off and lock off. The unit Cliff was in for this video was a dedicated 2BR unit. We had a lock off 2BR last year in Enclaves and it had a king with a pullout sofa. So Enclaves has both kinds as well as a Deluxe 2BR that lock off into two 1BR units.
I've only stayed at this resort three times. Twice in the Villages ( once 2bd l/o, once one BD side of l/o) and once in Enclaves 1BD side of l/o. Seems there are quite a few layout options at the Enclaves. More than even I realized with the dedicated 2Bd option. This would be good information to know depending on who you are traveling with (ie family with kids vs. two couples who might prefer the l/o).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I've only stayed at this resort three times. Twice in the Villages ( once 2bd l/o, once one BD side of l/o) and once in Enclaves 1BD side of l/o. Seems there are quite a few layout options at the Enclaves. More than even I realized with the dedicated 2Bd option. This would be good information to know depending on who you are traveling with (ie family with kids vs. two couples who might prefer the l/o).
Here are the different unit types at Enclaves;
ZZAD....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR unit that can be locked off in to two 1BR master suites.
IVMT....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR large portion of two master suite 2BR unit.
OVTG....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR small portion of two master suite 2BR unit.

ZZAB....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
OVTM....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR portion of 2BR unit.
IVTG....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................Studio portion of 2BR unit.

TOVI....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR dedicated unit.

sunski

Reaction score
Here are the different unit types at Enclaves;
ZZAD....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR unit that can be locked off in to two 1BR master suites.
IVMT....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR large portion of two master suite 2BR unit.
OVTG....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR small portion of two master suite 2BR unit.

ZZAB....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
OVTM....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................1BR portion of 2BR unit.
IVTG....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................Studio portion of 2BR unit.

TOVI....Shadow Ridge Enclaves.......N/A................2BR dedicated unit.
This is helpful for an II exchange but sadly the DP booking site doesn't necessarily clarify which room option you are booking.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is helpful for an II exchange but sadly the DP booking site doesn't necessarily clarify which room option you are booking.
The point booking system is more descriptive. four character code provided to match up to other list.

Studio - IVTG

Studio Deluxe - OVTG

1 Bedroom - IVMT

1 Bedroom Deluxe - This could be OVTG or OVTM

2 Bedroom (One Entry Door) - TOVI

2 Bedroom (Two Entry Doors) - ZZAB

I don't have the description for the 2BR deluxe (ZZAD) that locks off into a deluxe studio and 1BR as I don't think I have enough points in my account to see the availability.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
The point booking system is more descriptive. four character code provided to match up to other list.

Studio - IVTG

Studio Deluxe - OVTG

1 Bedroom - IVMT

1 Bedroom Deluxe - This could be OVTG or OVTM

2 Bedroom (One Entry Door) - TOVI

2 Bedroom (Two Entry Doors) - ZZAB

I don't have the description for the 2BR deluxe (ZZAD) that locks off into a deluxe studio and 1BR as I don't think I have enough points in my account to see the availability.
I think MVC just lists it a 2 BR deluxe
The other options are 2 BR one entry, 2 BR two entry

sunski

Reaction score
I see now why I was confused because the smaller one bedroom is not listed as a one bedroom but as a deluxe studio, even though both types of rooms were designed with the sliding wall doors. So really the deluxe just indicates that it has a kitchen in the l/o living space.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
We've stayed in the 2 bedroom deluxe which we thought was really nice. Our son and girlfriend had the studio which had a nice living room area with a studio kitchen. Refrigerator was apartment sized and I believe it had a 2 burner cooktop. Both sides had a patio which was nice. I believe the regular 2 bedroom units in Enclaves only have patio on master bedroom side. We liked the location right next to the pool. The kitchen area(in the main villa) did seem tight with counter space but there was decent cabinet space. Our other son and his wife stayed in a deluxe studio but ate meals with us so really didn't use their kitchen.