• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Movie Scenes

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Better Off Dead. I was going to use one of the "I want my two dollars" scenes, but this is my favorite.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Opening credits of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is probably my favorite scene from The Sting - because of the way it plays with viewer expectations. We know that Doyle Lonegan has hired an assassin to take out Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford's character). When Johnny and Selina meet, we're rooting for them as two lost souls. connecting at a diner.

So as the scene unfolds, we think that the guy who appears behind Johnny and aims, gun in hand, is the assassin. But the scene suddenly inverts the build-up. Excellent movie making.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Parade Scene: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

This scene would be wonderful if it were just the parade scene. But what elevates it to me is the counter point dialog and interactions between Cameron and Sloane, about what's next in life. Which nicely mirrors the deeper context of the movie about the end of childhood.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Big Lebowski - The Bereaved Donny's Ashes

I've told my family that after I'm dead, I don't think it will matter one whit to me what happens with my bodily remains. So any ceremony they choose to do will be for them, and not for me. Thus they should do whatever has meaning for them. And that being said, if it is important to them to have me provide guidance to them for said disposal of my remains, an option would be the Kipu Kai shoreline on Kauai.

Kipu Kai is also very windy. So I've also cautioned them to plan in advance to avoid a Lebowski moment. And I think I would smile if they used a Folgers can. Though I don't think it would matter to me if they used Maxwell House, Leggs Egg, Tupperware container, Ziploc baggie, or tchotchke doll to contain my "remains" prior to disposal.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
More Cool Hand Luke - 50 eggs. With Luke laid out in crucifix at the end.

I first saw Cool Hand Luke when I was in high school, at the Bloomington Drive-In Theater in Bloomington Minnesota. The Drive-In was on the south side of I-494, between Portland and Cedar Avenues, very close to the old Metropolitan Stadium (now the Mall of America). I'm sure I wasn't there on a date, because I remember too much of the movie for it to have been a drive-in movie date. :D

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I first saw Cool Hand Luke when I was in high school, at the Bloomington Drive-In Theater in Bloomington Minnesota. The Drive-In was on the south side of I-494, between Portland and Cedar Avenues, very close to the old Metropolitan Stadium (now the Mall of America). I'm sure I wasn't there on a date, because I remember too much of the movie for it to have been a drive-in movie date. :D
Sadly, the last drive-in in the Twin Cities may be toast. According to the article, there are still 5 drive-ins left in Minnesota. When we moved here, I thought it was odd to have drive-ins where the sun doesn't set until 9 PM in the summer.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Pale Rider - You shouldn't play with matches.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Deliverance - Arrow Through the Heart

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A fun one from Rio Bravo, one of the better westerns that's stood the test of time.

Two of the smoothest voices of the times, too.

From the Outlaw Josey Wales:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Where we learn who was "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" -

title track by Gene Pitney

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Goonies - Chunk confesses to the Fratellis

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I love this scene.....

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Another one from The Big Lebowski -- I'll try to extract the clip.

Anyway, it's the opening scene -- Jeff Bridges is in Ralph's grocery buying half & half for his white Russians. Gum-smacking cashier gives him the look while he writes a check for $0.67.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Watching the Better Off Dead scene brought back memories of my favorite John Cusak film…The Sure Thing.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Opening scene from Godfather 1. This scene so wonderfully sets the stage for all of the ensuing themes of the entire Godfather trilogy.

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
It was many years ago when I saw A Guide for a Married Man.
I do not remember who was in it...or what it was about.....but I do remember this scene. Maybe because even at 20 I realized that some people were like Charlie...and I swore I would never be that way.

The great Deny deny deny scene.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It was many years ago when I saw A Guide for a Married Man.
I do not remember who was in it...or what it was about.....but I do remember this scene. Maybe because even at 20 I realized that some people were like Charlie...and I swore I would never be that way.

The great Deny deny deny scene.
Reminiscent of Gaslight, with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer. The movie that made gaslight into a verb.

ohioelk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always though this was one of the best put together scenes. The use of the baby carriage ramps up the tension in a different way.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The classic, original baby carriage scene during the Odessa Steps massacre in Sergei Eisenstein's masterpiece - "Battleship Potemkin" (1925)

Richard

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always though this was one of the best put together scenes. The use of the baby carriage ramps up the tension in a different way.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That was a great movie. I think of this scene every time I travel through Chicago Union Station.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The classic, original baby carriage scene during the Odessa Steps massacre in Sergei Eisenstein's masterpiece - "Battleship Potemkin" (1925)

Richard
The similar mounted saber charge from Dr. Zhivago: