• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using DC points directly on II

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this recently?
I have a few logistical questions and currently can’t get through on MVC chat.
Thanks

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't use them directly. You have to convert your DC points into an II deposit. You choose the demand level and the unit size and deposit that many DC points and they provide you an equivalent II deposit with that trading power. Bazzap has provided the link above to the cost.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't use them directly. You have to convert your DC points into an II deposit. You choose the demand level and the unit size and deposit that many DC points and they provide you an equivalent II deposit with that trading power. Bazzap has provided the link above to the cost.

Not true.

See page 3 of the link.
That’s directly using points. You can use holding account points directly but can’t convert them to a week to deposit.
I‘ve converted and deposited before (extended the expiry by 2 years). But dealing with holding account points now.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can use them directly. Just go out and search using a number of points and book an exchange. I think converting to a deposit is the better option, but it isn't required.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, I know all the rules.
I was just going to ask a few logistical questions since I couldn’t get through on chat but I will chat today I’m sure.
Well ask your questions already :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I’m on it!
Not sure if I get humans on chat before 9.
Thanks!
I meant, ask here. Otherwise I am not sure of the purpose of this thread.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Can you use DC points to exchange into a Marriott week in II, either directly or through a deposit? My brain tells me somewhere along the way it read that you can't. If you can, would it matter if the points were trust versus elected?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can you use DC points to exchange into a Marriott week in II, either directly or through a deposit? My brain tells me somewhere along the way it read that you can't. If you can, would it matter if the points were trust versus elected?
You can't. Point and points based deposits can only be used for non Marriott exchanges. THus also a full $219 exchange fee.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can’t use DC points in any form for MVC through II.
You can use them both ways into Vistana/Westin/Sheraton and there is no exchange fee into these.
(edit- I know for a fact there is no exchange fee for the points based week since I have one, I don't know for a fact on the direct points).

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant, ask here. Otherwise I am not sure of the purpose of this thread.

I was just hoping to find someone to DM with- so much confusion and miss info on this topic that I wasn’t going to do a public post of questions.
I’ll give an example- One thing I was wondering about how to control which points were used for the exchange. I know the systems aren’t connected so I just wanted to be sure that was something to do with MVC after I did the exchange on II. Changed my mind about the exchange so now I have plenty of time to get my answers.
Anywayyyy- I’m on the chat line after typing advisor 3 times! Thanks.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was just hoping to find someone to DM with- so much confusion and miss info on this topic that I wasn’t going to do a public post of questions.
I’ll give an example- One thing I was wondering about how to control which points were used for the exchange. I know the systems aren’t connected so I just wanted to be sure that was something to do with MVC after I did the exchange on II. Changed my mind about the exchange so now I have plenty of time to get my answers.
Anywayyyy- I’m on the chat line! Thanks.
Let us know what they say about the allocation of points. I don't think I have ever seen a definitive answer about this. I think they simply take them from the use year you select when starting the exchange process on the II website. No automatic use of banked points or anything like that. Perhaps it is possible for MVC to reallocate after the fact?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us know what they say about the allocation of points. I don't think I have ever seen a definitive answer about this. I think they simply take them from the use year you select when starting the exchange process on the II website. No automatic use of banked points or anything like that. Perhaps it is possible for MVC to reallocate after the fact?
I will.
I know when you call MVC to make a points week they ask which points to use.
I may end up calling and put in a few wait list requests while I’m at it.

PS- Jeremy, have you been to Legends edge? I didn’t see a video.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I will.
I know when you call MVC to make a points week they ask which points to use.
I may end up calling and put in a few wait list requests while I’m at it.

PS- Jeremy, have you been to Legends edge? I didn’t see a video.
We have been to Legends Edge, but it was back in 2007 when we stayed at the hotel next door and did a timeshare presentation at Legends Edge. Unfortunately no video though since that visit was long before I started my channel. We find this resort pretty hard to get in to. We want to go during a somewhat better time of the year and getaways are slim except in off season. We don't really want to burn a deposit to go there. It is only one of two Florida MVC resorts that we haven't been to (the other one being South Beach Pulse).

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Its one of only a few I could book with DC points in FL right now that is not Orlando so I was considering.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick update- I called MVC and was told their waitlist function is not working, it’s been down for a month and they don’t know when it will be back. Great!

I asked about booking points direct on II and my advisor didn’t seem sure as to how it went- she thought the easiest thing to do would be to hold the ressie on II and then call MVC.

Not a useful phone call.
Thanks everyone!

EDIT-
I was just told via chat that waitlist IS available and called again and Edwin confirmed that it is but the advisors can’t do it themselves they need to go though the “back office”. Then after being on hold for 30 minutes it turned out the back office couldn’t do it now.
EDIT again-
Now Marcus says the advisors have a slip they can fill out to put me on a waitlist to have the techs put me on a waitlist.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not a useful phone call.
Can't say I am surprised. Unfortunately they don't often know the answers to these finer nuances to the system. We just have to learn from personal experience.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't say I am surprised. Unfortunately they don't often know the answers to these finer nuances to the system. We just have to learn from personal experience.

Exactly- and round back to the reason I started this thread looking for experience.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Its one of only a few I could book with DC points in FL right now that is not Orlando so I was considering.
I've been there many times, do you have a question about LE?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been there many times, do you have a question about LE?
Thanks- I haven’t researched much yet but wont turn down the offer of your experience.
I’ve read the reviews here on tug and some love it, some says it’s not much of a resort and not much to do.
Any suggestions on what’s to do near by? Nice beaches? The resort itself?
We like nature walks/ light hiking, gardens, outdoor things. Looking for October- looks like it’s still quite warm then.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't much to do at the resort or immediate area. It's in a residential area where the small shopping/restaurant area has mostly died away. No beach at the resort. But the staff is nice and the rooms are decent. Decent pool and poolside activities (mini golf, pay area) but nothing overwhelming. They have a small grill/bar area but it's often been closed even before Covid. There are lots of things to do in the area and a few good restaurants though not as good as in Destin in our view. We like Firefly, Wicked wheel, Triple J, J Micheals, The British Eatery, Margaritaville, Schooner. Didn't care for Saltwater grill though many like it. People rave about Patches but the one time we went it wasn't anything special, just a burger shack place with beer, more of a biker bar. My daughter and SIL really like Bayou on the Beach and we like it but don't love it, it's not on the beach BTW. Runaway Island was decent. Haven't tried Sharkey's but a lot of people really like it. Our Favorite is Moe's Original BBQ. We don't care for Captain Anderson's restaurant but many like it, it's also over price. It looks like a hole in the wall but it really isn't. VERY good BBQ, counter service.

Of those, J Micheals, Triple J, Captain Anderson's, Patches, Schooner are fairly close. 2 grocery stores at the turn off Thomas Drive where you head into the residential area. We're 2 hrs away so often go over for the weekend.

Outlets in Destin are an hour away. If you do go over the Destin, I'd recommend Dewey Destin which is basic seafood but good and reasonable. They have 2 locations, one is more outdoors and rustic (old picnic tables on old pier with basically a permanent food truck setup). Our favorite in Destin is McGuire's Irish pub. Mostly steaks and though not cheap, it's reasonable and the portion or HUGE. If 2 people get 2 meals, they will regret it. It's worth the drive over. A drive down 30A is worth it and easily combined with a trip to destin.

There are some decent places on the Panana City side back over the bridge but I am not as familiar with those.

Lots of tourist type things to do (mini golf, Wonder Works, Ripley's). There is a water park that's decent. For beaches we usually stay on the beach at the Wyndham but lots of beach access. Many people to go the State Park, St. Andrews.

If you want to call, just PM me.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't much to do at the resort or immediate area. It's in a residential area where the small shopping/restaurant area has mostly died away. No beach at the resort. But the staff is nice and the rooms are decent. Decent pool and poolside activities (mini golf, pay area) but nothing overwhelming. They have a small grill/bar area but it's often been closed even before Covid. There are lots of things to do in the area and a few good restaurants though not as good as in Destin in our view. We like Firefly, Wicked wheel, Triple J, J Micheals, The British Eatery, Margaritaville, Schooner. Didn't care for Saltwater grill though many like it. People rave about Patches but the one time we went it wasn't anything special, just a burger shack place with beer, more of a biker bar. My daughter and SIL really like Bayou on the Beach and we like it but don't love it, it's not on the beach BTW. Runaway Island was decent. Haven't tried Sharkey's but a lot of people really like it. Our Favorite is Moe's Original BBQ. We don't care for Captain Anderson's restaurant but many like it, it's also over price. It looks like a hole in the wall but it really isn't. VERY good BBQ, counter service.

Of those, J Micheals, Triple J, Captain Anderson's, Patches, Schooner are fairly close. 2 grocery stores at the turn off Thomas Drive where you head into the residential area. We're 2 hrs away so often go over for the weekend.

Outlets in Destin are an hour away. If you do go over the Destin, I'd recommend Dewey Destin which is basic seafood but good and reasonable. They have 2 locations, one is more outdoors and rustic (old picnic tables on old pier with basically a permanent food truck setup). Our favorite in Destin is McGuire's Irish pub. Mostly steaks and though not cheap, it's reasonable and the portion or HUGE. If 2 people get 2 meals, they will regret it. It's worth the drive over. A drive down 30A is worth it and easily combined with a trip to destin.

There are some decent places on the Panana City side back over the bridge but I am not as familiar with those.

Lots of tourist type things to do (mini golf, Wonder Works, Ripley's). There is a water park that's decent. For beaches we usually stay on the beach at the Wyndham but lots of beach access. Many people to go the State Park, St. Andrews.

If you want to call, just PM me.
Thank you for this!
I am going to research some more, see if I can get a waitlist and figure who in the family is coming on this trip.
I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update-
Last I posted here I was trying to place a waitlist using my holding+ banked points and getting conflicting answers and no success from calls and chats. Last thing I was told last Friday was I was on a waitlist to have the back room process my waitlist and I would get a call within 48 hrs.
Well over the past week I have been able to book 6 of the 7 nights I wanted in a gulf front 2Br unit at Crystal Shores late October- one day I found 2 nights, the next I got 4.
Today I called back and was able to place a waitlist for the one night I need - which I have held with cash at the owner discount rate in case the waitlist doesn’t come through. And if it doesn’t I’ll use most of my remaining expiring points for resort credit so that will help defray the cash spend.
Cesar told me they have more success right now setting a waitlist for just a few nights than a full week- he doesn’t know why.
Very happy with how it turned out- consider the search a lot and collect days method if you are waiting to place a waitlist.