• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Watch

Threedogs

Reaction score
We are staying at Ocean Watch at the end of July. We are traveling with 4 adults and 2 grandkids ages 3.5 & 1.5. We have an Ocean View reservation, we would like to know what building should we request. We normally prefer to be on a higher floor but we have no idea what building is better.
Had anyone rented cribs or baby equipment and if so can you recommend a place to call.
Any suggestions for restaurants to go with small kids.
Looking for any suggestions thanks so much!

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
You will probably be put in the Maple or Pine buildings. Those are the only two that have Oceanview designations. They are great for fam8lies with young children since they are right next to the playground and Woodsy pool. Also right next to the Quiet pool which can give the parents and GP some needed relief. I believe ocean view designations are eighth floor and above. Just about every restaurant in Myrtle Beach is kid friendly. I would recommend trying Lulu‘s at Barefoot Landing in particular for families with ch8ldren https://lulusfunfoodmusic.com/location/north-myrtle-beach/ and leave it at that. There are many foodies here that will chime in.

Last edited:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't tell from your post -- Is OceanWatch totally new to you?
MANY people actually prefer the back buildings. Yes, you'll get one the upper half of the building in Pine or Maple. I would be happy with any room except the first (zero view) or very top floors (no shade/cover over balcony). As Bucky mentioned, between the buildings is the indoor pool, workout center, bocce ball, shuffleboard courts, grills, a putting green and the Woodsy pool (with a kid splashpad). MOST important is the Treehouse playground (brilliant stroke of genius because it's nestled in the shade of trees!). It's been some time for us, but if I recall, OceanWatch will provide a baby play pack. Almost every restaurant in MB is kid friendly. A friend of mine said there is a new restaurant not far from OceanWatch... Mediterranean eatery called, "Jerusalem." He raved about it and said it was a great change of pace. Liberty Taproom is also nearby-- sports bar type place that's usually not packed if you're trying to avoid long lines.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP, may be lucky and be booked into an ocean view villa in one of the the three ocean front view villas at OceanWatch. The Conch, The Scallop or The Star Fish building.

The back two villas buildings are The Maple and Pines Buildings.
I feel your grandkids will enjoy the Mape or the Pine buildings. The amenities are endless and there should be enough activities onsite to keep them busy for a week.

I do not believe OceanWatch will charge you for the use of a crib. IMHO.
As Swice mentions in the above post.

I would request a baby crib in advance before your arrive at the resort.

Also, there is an adult only pool In the back two buildings.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at Ocean Watch at the end of July. We are traveling with 4 adults and 2 grandkids ages 3.5 & 1.5. We have an Ocean View reservation, we would like to know what building should we request. We normally prefer to be on a higher floor but we have no idea what building is better.
Had anyone rented cribs or baby equipment and if so can you recommend a place to call.
Any suggestions for restaurants to go with small kids.
Looking for any suggestions thanks so much!
We were just at OceanWatch on an II exchange this spring.
Our exchange code was oceanview and we got it on the 10th floor of Pine.
I don’t think there is much difference between Pine & Maple. When you get your preference email ask for high floor.
No kids with us- but we saw lots of kids having a blast in the treehouse, splash pool, and playing bocci and corn hole- not to mention the beach.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at OceanWatch on an II exchange this spring.
Our exchange code was oceanview and we got it on the 10th floor of Pine.
I don’t think there is much difference between Pine & Maple. When you get your preference email ask for high floor.
No kids with us- but we saw lots of kids having a blast in the treehouse, splash pool, and playing bocci and corn hole- not to mention the beach.
A high end floor unit villa are awesome. One year we had the top floor. It was very nice; but there was no patio roof covering.

Threedogs

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all of your input. It’s nice to be able to flush out some of our questions. Looking forward to our first vacation with the grandkids.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Each floor of Maple and Pine has 5 villas. The corner villas are larger than the 3 middle ones. Mainly it’s the second bedroom that has the extra space.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
The OP, may be lucky and be booked into an ocean view villa in one of the the three ocean front view villas at OceanWatch. The Conch, The Scallop or The Star Fish building.

To the best of my knowledge the front three buildings are either Oceanside or oceanfront views! I thought Starfish was all Oceanfront and Conch and Scallop Oceanside except for the end units which are Oceanfront.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the front three buildings are either Oceanside or oceanfront views! I thought Starfish was all Oceanfront and Conch and Scallop Oceanside except for the end units which are Oceanfront.
You are correct in your reply..