• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't trade for Marriott hawaii in II?

CourtShorr

Reaction score
In sale pitch. They are saying we can't trade our week at NCV for ko'olina in II anymore. Is that correct?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sales lie.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you explain?
An ongoing search is a request.
There is a video tutorial in the general discussion section of the II community to show you how to do it or you can call II.
Obviously the earlier you request the better- 12-13 months in advance you will catch most new deposits.
It’s true some HI owners chose to rent their weeks rather than deposit so early request and flexibility help.

The saleswoman we had when we enrolled our week 7+ years ago almost caused a martial spat because she said ”you won’t use II anymore” when I’d assured my spouse nothing would change unless we wanted it to by enrolling our week and I had press until she admitted we still “could”. We avoid sales meetings now!

Last edited:

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like everyone said. Sales speak. We did a presentation in May at KoOlina. OMG the lies or ignorance, most likely lies. I really had to bite my tongue otherwise I would have debated for an hour... My DH even recognized the BS flying in the room, because we have over 20 years with Marriott and Interval experience, so many good exchanges.

There are certainly great exchanges to be had within interval. Sometimes you need to make sure you have the same sized unit as the one you need. It’s not always easy to trade up in size, depending on resort and season. But mostly, the key is always being a little bit flexible with dates, and requesting early. Early is key, and being patient.

Good Luck.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
In around March or April of this year I got a match for a 1 BR Ko Olina for next May (yes, this was more than 12 months out). I had deposited a high TDI Palm Desert Shadow Ridge 1 BR.

I had placed a request in August of 2021, so my request was about 21 months in advance. I knew that I wasn't going to get an exchange right away, but I had the unit (thanks to Covid and lack of travel), I plan in advance, and I was willing to wait. My request for Hawaii was typical of me - - a scatter-gun approach: every Marriott on every Island, plus Sheratons and Westin (south).

So, to the OP, the sales guy was lying.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
What I find funny about this, is that they use to tell you to buy an inexpensive week (Bronze HHI) and use that to trade into the expensive resorts like Hawaii.

Isn’t it amazing how a story will change to match what they’re wanting to sell you today?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yesterday at NCV. Sales person is Dennis Perry.
Dennis Perry is a liar and you shouldn’t trust him. That’s just sad that he would say that to make a sale. These people are so low, so low they can’t win, and when you can’t win you’re a loser…. So yes, Dennis is a loser.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if mods would allow it but would love to have a thread for sales folks who have outright lied. Not the “there will be less inventory” which is grey area but ones like this where it is an outright lie.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Not sure if mods would allow it but would love to have a thread for sales folks who have outright lied. Not the “there will be less inventory” which is grey area but ones like this where it is an outright lie.
Yeah. I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed but it definitely would be nice knowing what you're walking into. Our salesman not only lied but was a total jerk too.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Yesterday at NCV. Sales person is Dennis Perry.
We've been to a few presentations at different properties, and actually the one we did at NCV was one of the best. The guy was hugely informative, told us how to enroll our pre-2010 week for free, and didn't give us any of the high pressure sales stuff. Granted this was a few years ago and times have changed.

Bill4728

Reaction score
In sale pitch. They are saying we can't trade our week at NCV for ko'olina in II anymore. Is that correct?
The short answer is not "it is a lie" BUT the answer is "sort of"

Owners of enrolled weeks and points using the official corporate II portal which owners of enrolled weeks and points must use, will not see any II trades for Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares. So for those owners YES, you will not be able to use II to trade into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

BUT For anyone using there own II account, like resale owners of a Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares, they will be able to deposit their weeks and they should be able to find other owners who also deposited their weeks for trades into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

We have both kinds of II accounts and this is what we see. Our private II account shows Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trades but the number of available weeks is much more limited than prior years BUT our corporate II account where our enrolled week and MVC points are does not see any Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trade. There are still lots of Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares showing as get-a-ways in our private II account and not with the MVC II account.

Last edited:

paxlin

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hacienda Encantada
Marriott Summit Watch

Owners of enrolled weeks and points using the official corporate II portal which owners of enrolled weeks and points must use, will not see any II trades for Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares. So for those owners YES, you will not be able to use II to trade into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

BUT For anyone using there own II account, like resale owners of a Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares, they will be able to deposit their weeks and they should be able to find other owners who also deposited their weeks for trades into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

So does that mean enrolled weeks can only be converted to DP in order to use other Marriott resorts?
Does enrolling the week still allow you to use personal II account to trade into other Marriotts?

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
So does that mean enrolled weeks can only be converted to DP in order to use other Marriott resorts?
Does enrolling the week still allow you to use personal II account to trade into other Marriotts?

Enrolling a week will mean you have to have a separate II account for that week. You do not have to convert to points to access other Marriott resorts. You can deposit your week into II and trade just as you would prior to enrolling. We split our enrolled week into two units. 1BR and Studio and trade twice a year. Always into Marriott resorts.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We split our enrolled week into two units. 1BR and Studio and trade twice a year. Always into Marriott resorts.
We've been doing that with our DSV-I weeks for many years, and despite Marriott sales folks telling me I can't do it, we're very successful getting into all of the Hawaii Marriott resorts, plus a couple of the Westins, several times a year. It's a great strategy that has nothing to do with owning DP or enrolled weeks or points.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill4728 said:

We have both kinds of II accounts and this is what we see. Our private II account shows Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trades but the number of available weeks is much more limited than prior years BUT our corporate II account where our enrolled week and MVC points are does not see any Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trade. There are still lots of Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares showing as get-a-ways in our private II account and not with the MVC II

Bill,
I only have a corporate Marriott II account and I see plenty of MVC/ Westin/ Sheraton exchanges this year and next.
I haven’t seen what you are saying reported elsewhere.

If you think about it doesn‘t make sense that MVC would be prohibiting enrolled weeks from exchanging to Marriotts on II- seems like that would be encouraging owners not to enroll.
Currently it’s just DC points ( or weeks derived from points and deposited into II) that can’t exchange into MVC ( they can exchange into Westin/Sheraton).
Sounds like some kind on glitch with your account?

Last edited:

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)

We have both kinds of II accounts and this is what we see. Our private II account shows Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trades but the number of available weeks is much more limited than prior years BUT our corporate II account where our enrolled week and MVC points are does not see any Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trade. There are still lots of Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares showing as get-a-ways in our private II account and not with the MVC II account.
What?

I only have a corporate II account since all our weeks are enrolled (2 direct, 1 resale). I have always been able to see/trade into other Marriotts and now Westin and Sheraton. Just did 3 trades within the last month.