• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ugh now pay to play perks?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
That’s an interesting rumor, and of course it brings up too many questions! Priority room upgrades? Premium offerings on Disney vacations? We’ve been owners too long and been through too many changes to get riled up at this point. Time to sit back, relax, enjoy the discussions, and wait for official announcements, then roll with it.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s an interesting rumor, and of course it brings up too many questions! Priority room upgrades? Premium offerings on Disney vacations? We’ve been owners too long and been through too many changes to get riled up at this point. Time to sit back, relax, enjoy the discussions, and wait for official announcements, then roll with it.

Great attitude-

edited to note that is not sarcasm and I am truly impressed

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine too much will be included for $100/year. They're talking about upgrades, discounts, extra park access, and free lightning lanes.

When they still had tables in wonderland it was $150/year iirc. I doubt it would be cheaper, and then you're not getting any of that other stuff.

I think they're more likely to continue to pull stuff out and charge separately for it rather than offer combos/discounts.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine too much will be included for $100/year. They're talking about upgrades, discounts, extra park access, and free lightning lanes.

When they still had tables in wonderland it was $150/year iirc. I doubt it would be cheaper, and then you're not getting any of that other stuff.

I think they're more likely to continue to pull stuff out and charge separately for it rather than offer combos/discounts.

agreed- but if this is what’s coming down the road
My thought is just like the free fast passes were replaced by a relatively low cost pay to use version -
Are those few perks owners have now going to become only a paid version

For instance one of the few benefits ALL owners have right now is extended evening hours 1-2 times a month @ select parks till end of summer at this point.

Will that benefit now go to only DVC+ members. Will they make DVC+ perks available to both resale and direct -
to early to tell yet but speculation is half the fun right.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I’m surprised it took them so long to come up with a way to squeeze more dollars from members. Only a rumor so far, but.....
I didn’t read the article, but have seen talk about $100. I seriously doubt that amount. Does not sound like much. When we bought our first contract in 1997, there was no such things as perks, except free valet parking. No discounts on passes, maybe some merchandise discounts, not allowed to purchase dining plan. The perks that came along were much appreciated and not expected. So I’m wondering if Moonlight Magic will be a paid event, if the Figment lounge will charge admission, etc. or if you have a certain amount of direct points you don’t pay. Too many questions. I have done a couple of paid DVC events. The New Years Eve Eve party at Contemporary was reasonably priced and lots of fun....open bar! Strong drinks. Also did the paid event In September at the Lounge where we got to meet the new VP and two authors that wrote a great Disney cookbook and we received signed copies, included a dessert party and private viewing of one of the last illuminations show. I don’t mind paying for something like that. I don’t see how they can do room upgrades when the resorts are nearly full most times. I guess we will have to wait and see.
I see an increase of contracts coming on to resale sites if this happens. I really think Disney is going to push too many people over the edge.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised it took them so long to come up with a way to squeeze more dollars from members. Only a rumor so far, but.....
I didn’t read the article, but have seen talk about $100. I seriously doubt that amount. Does not sound like much. When we bought our first contract in 1997, there was no such things as perks, except free valet parking. No discounts on passes, maybe some merchandise discounts, not allowed to purchase dining plan. The perks that came along were much appreciated and not expected. So I’m wondering if Moonlight Magic will be a paid event, if the Figment lounge will charge admission, etc. or if you have a certain amount of direct points you don’t pay. Too many questions. I have done a couple of paid DVC events. The New Years Eve Eve party at Contemporary was reasonably priced and lots of fun....open bar! Strong drinks. Also did the paid event In September at the Lounge where we got to meet the new VP and two authors that wrote a great Disney cookbook and we received signed copies, included a dessert party and private viewing of one of the last illuminations show. I don’t mind paying for something like that. I don’t see how they can do room upgrades when the resorts are nearly full most times. I guess we will have to wait and see.
I see an increase of contracts coming on to resale sites if this happens. I really think Disney is going to push too many people over the edge.

if it happens it may be similar to the way D23 memberships are running-
Sure you can join up for free for a basic membership vs $99 for gold. They did away with the family plan years ago and the last few events I have attended were 1 or 2 tickets per membership.
BUT any decent events go on sale to gold members first and are usually sold out long before a basic membership has a chance.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I don’t even know what D23 is all about.
When Moonlight Magic first came around, you didn’t have to be staying on your DVC points to attend. I got in the first time for AK when I was staying at the offsite timeshare I no longer own. The following year you had to be staying on your points the night of, so I booked the night of in a studio and stayed at the timeshare the other nights. Then things got crazy and you had to be a blue card holder and staying on property. Then all the screeching started. All of our points are direct or grandfathered in, do we’ve been fortunate enough to attend 3 parks MM. not sure if I would pay extra for that though. It kills me when people complain they only got a hot dog and chips and Mickey bars. It’s never enough for some people.
Sure wish the dining plan would return or even the Tables in Wonderland card. We would eat on property more with the card. Not now though.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We bought Tables in Wonderland, when it cost $50.00 then it went up to $75.00 then $100.00 and so on, we stopped our Annual Pass when Virus hit. Now we only go if our daughter takes us to restaurants at the resorts. She still has Annual Pass and gets discounts on food and drinks with it. I wish they would bring back the Tables in Wonderland and Epcot after 4. For us that would be enough.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t even know what D23 is all about.
When Moonlight Magic first came around, you didn’t have to be staying on your DVC points to attend. I got in the first time for AK when I was staying at the offsite timeshare I no longer own. The following year you had to be staying on your points the night of, so I booked the night of in a studio and stayed at the timeshare the other nights. Then things got crazy and you had to be a blue card holder and staying on property. Then all the screeching started. All of our points are direct or grandfathered in, do we’ve been fortunate enough to attend 3 parks MM. not sure if I would pay extra for that though. It kills me when people complain they only got a hot dog and chips and Mickey bars. It’s never enough for some people.
Sure wish the dining plan would return or even the Tables in Wonderland card. We would eat on property more with the card. Not now though.

D23 is the “official” disney fan club-
they do some fun events a lot are in California, some in Orlando and occasionally states, was in Atlanta for buzz lightyear preview .

yup I am a disney nerd

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought Tables in Wonderland, when it cost $50.00 then it went up to $75.00 then $100.00 and so on, we stopped our Annual Pass when Virus hit. Now we only go if our daughter takes us to restaurants at the resorts. She still has Annual Pass and gets discounts on food and drinks with it. I wish they would bring back the Tables in Wonderland and Epcot after 4. For us that would be enough.

i miss tables in wonderland-
almost fell over when i saw the bar bill las trip.