• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

40% of bitcoin investors are now underwater, new data shows

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
We're planning to buy ETH at $1,800, and double down in segments. I wouldn't buy anything other than Bitcoin or ETH at this point, expect the alt coins to continue to be crushed.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope they all go to 0. Let the people who bet against me suffer. I prefer hard assets. Land, housing mostly.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We're planning to buy ETH at $1,800, and double down in segments. I wouldn't buy anything other than Bitcoin or ETH at this point, expect the alt coins to continue to be crushed.
  • Ethereum has plunged 20 per cent in 24 hours as part of the latest crypto crash
  • Bitcoin has also plunged 11.24 per cent as investors suffer heavy losses
  • Luna, another large cryptocurrency, lost almost all of its value overnight
57726061-10808609-image-a-19_1652351947903.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
All these uneducated retail speculators entered the market in 2020 using their stimulus money. :banana:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
  • Ethereum has plunged 20 per cent in 24 hours as part of the latest crypto crash
  • Bitcoin has also plunged 11.24 per cent as investors suffer heavy losses
  • Luna, another large cryptocurrency, lost almost all of its value overnight
57726061-10808609-image-a-19_1652351947903.jpg

Ethereum fell 90% after its peak in 2018. I am preparing for it to do the same. I currently own zero cryptocurrency, and prefer hard assets too, but I will not ignore the upcoming buying opportunity.

Brett

Reaction score
"The Crypto meltdown starkly illustrated the risks of the experimental and unregulated digital currencies."

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I hope they all go to 0. Let the people who bet against me suffer. I prefer hard assets. Land, housing mostly.

That's certainly contemptuous. If you've had trouble making money on land and housing these last 5 years, I assure you it is not because of cryptocurrency.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently own zero cryptocurrency, and prefer hard assets too, but I will not ignore the upcoming buying opportunity.

Those are two diametrically opposed and irreconcilable differences -- preferring hard assets and owning cryptocurrencies, which is about as far from a "hard asset" as anything.

What, exactly, is the "the upcoming buying opportunity"?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
Those are two diametrically opposed and irreconcilable differences -- preferring hard assets and owning cryptocurrencies, which is about as far from a "hard asset" as anything.

What, exactly, is the "the upcoming buying opportunity"?

I believe in a diversified portfolio. If one likes buying into bear markets, such as I do, the more opportunities the better. After 10 years and 3 bull markets, it might take another market cycle or two, for people to see that this asset class is here to stay.

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffet

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's certainly contemptuous. If you've had trouble making money on land and housing these last 5 years, I assure you it is not because of cryptocurrency.

No trouble making some money but my returns could have been better if no crypto.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
No trouble making some money but my returns could have been better if no crypto.

And that would have driven real estate prices even higher, hurting first time buyers.

Look, I flipped 2 Florida lots last year, making a 50% return in just over a year. How that is an unfair investing environment, and wishing people to suffer because it wasn't lucrative enough, is an entitled position that's truly beyond me.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
After 10 years and 3 bull markets, it might take another market cycle or two, for people to see that this asset class is here to stay.
There are many dot-com era stocks that are still around today. Some have done well after the 2000 crash. Many more have never again seen their high price during the bubble.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
There are many dot-com era stocks that are still around today. Some have done well after the 2000 crash. Many more have never again seen their high price during the bubble.

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
And that would have driven real estate prices even higher, hurting first time buyers.

Look, I flipped 2 Florida lots last year, making a 50% return in just over a year. How that is an unfair investing environment, and wishing people to suffer because it wasn't lucrative enough, is an entitled position that's truly beyond me.
I am not wish for people to suffer. It was their choice to purchase risky “investments” trying to get rich quick. That is their decision and should be willing to suffer all consequences including losing everything.