• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Resorts Newsletter - sent by Hilton

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@magmue @NiteMaire (or other deeded week owners). What are the MF at Poipu and Sedona for a 2 bdrm unit Platinum Season? Where are the best places to find weekly deed resales?

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
What are the MF at Poipu and Sedona for a 2 bdrm unit Platinum Season?
Sedona Summit 2022 MF: $955.31 excluding ARDA voluntary. Starting in 2021, the SS BoD voted to include DeX membership in MF. I own a 2BR LO.
P@P MF: $1858.92 according to a post by @artringwald.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Where are the best places to find weekly deed resales?
We bought via RedWeek. The transfer process is slow (and expensive!), but per our request our seller booked a 2022 week for us the week after Thanksgiving.

At the time we bought (early January), there were 3 units listed, two pending with list price $800 - $2,000. We made an offer on the active listing, which was listed significantly higher, and were accepted.

There are currently 5 units listed there asking from $1,500 to $7,400. That high end one is by a realtor who says she is a licensed agent with Bay Realty in Hawaii. She also says this "All rooms are eventually going to be updated and resort will be a Hilton branded property by this summer." Take that with several grains of salt, but clearly there is optimism.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
We are DRI legacy week owners at the soon to be renamed HVC Sedona Summit. Legacy week owners can currently exchange into DRI owned/managed/affiliated resorts through an internal exchange system (Destination eXchange). We are able to see HGVC properties available for exchange; we also see plenty of availability at 2 of the resorts likely be renamed HGVC (Point at Poipu and Kaanapali Beach Club).
According to the CSR I talked with last week, this access won't change when the systems are integrated. I realize no one really knows, but we'd be very happy with that especially since we purchased SS to exchange into those 2 properties. As long as there are deeded units at those properties, I would expect some availability.
My gut tells me we'll still see HGVC availability after the integration; if for no other reason than HGVC getting DRI owners to experience and/or buy into HGVC. Clearly we'll wait until the new system is rolled out, but, even then, I don't see us purchasing into HGV Max (though you never know).
I'm not a points owner so I can't comment on that outside of saying points owners also see HGVC availability in DeX.
It might be a little like Worldmark and Wyndham. I bought a WM on resale. I can see all the Wyndham locations, but I can't view availability or book them without an "Upgrade".

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Summit 2022 MF: $955.31 excluding ARDA voluntary. Starting in 2021, the SS BoD voted to include DeX membership in MF. I own a 2BR LO.
P@P MF: $1858.92 according to a post by @artringwald.
How do you like Sedona Summit? I have looked at it off an on over the years, but was turned off by DRI. I purchased Hyatt Pinion Pointe instead, but SS looks like a nice resort.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
It might be a little like Worldmark and Wyndham. I bought a WM on resale. I can see all the Wyndham locations, but I can't view availability or book them without an "Upgrade".
While we won't know until April, I doubt this will be the case. We can currently see availability and book HGVC resorts. Call me foolish, but I think it'll continue to be the case in the future. I think inventory will (continue) be limited, but we can travel anytime so I'm not worried about it from that perspective.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
How do you like Sedona Summit? I have looked at it off an on over the years, but was turned off by DRI. I purchased Hyatt Pinion Pointe instead, but SS looks like a nice resort.
We haven't ever been there! DD loves Sedona and some colleagues own SS and love it. When we were looking to add another, we decided to try DRI. Our main purpose was to get a trader we may visit occasionally. SS fit the bill. Every owner I've talked to really likes/loves it. @cindyc can provide more info.
I had the same reservations about DRI, but so far the experience has been good. We stayed at KBC (rented from owner), and thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't want the MF associated with KBC (and Point at Poipu) so we purchased a unit that gave us the ability to trade into those resorts. DeX has plenty of availability at both resorts...including whale watching season! Based on how DRI sets trading value for units ("tiers"), SS offered the least expensive means of trading into those resorts so we purchased.
Depending on how the integration affects availability (or not) in DeX, SS will be on our list if we decide to purchase another TS. We own a 2BR LO so we can deposit each portion of the LO for a week. Prior to the recent increase in exchange fees, we could get 2 weeks at P@P for ~$100 more than 1 week MF there. It'll cost more than that now. Granted we don't have the flexibility of P@P owners in terms of booking, but there was plenty of availability that we could book.
SS will be in the first group rebranded HVC so HGVC/Hilton decided it met a certain level of Hilton quality.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
While we won't know until April, I doubt this will be the case. We can currently see availability and book HGVC resorts. Call me foolish, but I think it'll continue to be the case in the future. I think inventory will (continue) be limited, but we can travel anytime so I'm not worried about it from that perspective.

The HGVC inventory available now to Diamond owners trading through Destination EXchange (DEX) is there because of the DEX tie-in to RCI. The inventory in DEX should be the same as what is available in RCI Weeks.

If anything, the merger should improve access to HGVC properties through DEX. I would not be surprised/hope to eventually see HGVC owners also have the opportunity to use DEX. If that happens, it would improve DEX as a bridge between current Diamond resorts and HGVC.

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
How do you like Sedona Summit? I have looked at it off and on over the years but was turned off by DRI. I purchased Hyatt Pinion Pointe instead, but SS looks like a nice resort.
Hello @Mongoose! I am the person NiteMaire mentioned and we own 3 deeded weeks at SS. Feel free to ask anything specific you have questions about.

I personally love the Sedona Summit. It is close to great hiking and mountain biking and some units have great scenery. The wifi is terrible. But if you are here to unwind and enjoy the outdoors, that won't matter too much. The Sedona Summit is in the section of town called West Sedona which has the grocery stores and less traffic than the other resorts.

One thing to know about SS is that the resort is divided into three sections. The first part developed is the Summit and is made up of buildings 1 - 21; exchanging here costs the fewest number of points and the units are a little dated (ie pink cultured marble shell-shaped sinks!), but they have updated the soft furnishings recently. The next section is Mesa, buildings 22 - 31 and the final section is Sunset, buildings 32-37. Sunset costs the most number of points and the units are more updated, but I personally find the furnishings too dark and don't care for the layout which is rather cave-like. I don't think the extra points are worth it for the Mesa and Sunset sections.

However, you may want to use the file I have attached which is a list of rooms with a view provided to me by the front desk. I have highlighted the ones I personally think will have the best view, although the only ones I have actually been in are the ones in building 21, which are in the Summit section but actually have a bit of a view. When you make your reservation or sometime before you arrive, let the front desk know if you have a room or building preference. They cannot always honor it, but I do find that they try.

Attachments

• Sedona Summit Rooms with a View.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Ocean Villas
Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations
So from what I can tell, HGVC and Diamond will still technically be separate until enough owners upgrade to HGVC MAX... And/or HGVC sells enough new "points packages in the HGVC MAX trust.... Very disappointed that HGVC was selling the Diamond acquisition as growth i properties that owners will have access to yet, even those that upgraded last year are being required to upgrade again if you want to participate in the MAX program opening up the soon to be rebranded Diamond properties.... I imagine that Diamond owners will have some expenses to bring many of the resorts up to Hilton standards.... I told them to suck wind during my presentation. They sold the Diamond acquisition as something we would have access to last year. But. NOOOO.... Only of you give us more money.... Even at HGVC Elite status.... Even after upgrading less than a year ago.... HGVC and Diamond owners alike should push back hard on this.... Tell them what you think!!!!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Hilton force Diamond management to use the MF collected correctly and purchased quality linens, soft goods and appliances their should be little needs to increase MF from Diamond Resorts Owners. In other words stop Diamond upper management from collecting a small portions of all MF collected.

This was a inside statement from a former upper management person in Vegas.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
So from what I can tell, HGVC and Diamond will still technically be separate until enough owners upgrade to HGVC MAX.
I think that legally, the two TS (really DRI even has more than one because CI/Embarc is separate from DRI) will always be separate. HGVC Max just allows some ability to book the left-over inventory in the other system (IMO). I believe that some exchange program could have been utilized (ie, DeX) but that wouldn't have generated sales.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So from what I can tell, HGVC and Diamond will still technically be separate until enough owners upgrade to HGVC MAX... And/or HGVC sells enough new "points packages in the HGVC MAX trust.... Very disappointed that HGVC was selling the Diamond acquisition as growth i properties that owners will have access to yet, even those that upgraded last year are being required to upgrade again if you want to participate in the MAX program opening up the soon to be rebranded Diamond properties.... I imagine that Diamond owners will have some expenses to bring many of the resorts up to Hilton standards.... I told them to suck wind during my presentation. They sold the Diamond acquisition as something we would have access to last year. But. NOOOO.... Only of you give us more money.... Even at HGVC Elite status.... Even after upgrading less than a year ago.... HGVC and Diamond owners alike should push back hard on this.... Tell them what you think!!!!!
There is no free lunch, especially in timesharing. The opportunity is to grow via joining HGVMax for another $7K+. It may or may not be worth it. The old adage of buy where you want to go still appies. I own The Bay Club in HI and still have not decided if its worth it for me to join HGVC.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I think that legally, the two TS (really DRI even has more than one because CI/Embarc is separate from DRI) will always be separate. HGVC Max just allows some ability to book the left-over inventory in the other system (IMO). I believe that some exchange program could have been utilized (ie, DeX) but that wouldn't have generated sales.
Exactly and in those terms, why would I pay a substantial fee to book leftovers? Especially when there is no real contractual value, it could be changed unilaterally at any time?

If I really want Zihua or Whistler, I'll rent or I'll buy at those locations. In the meantime, my HGVC deeds haven't yet been materially hurt by the changes. If inventory gets eaten up between 10 and 9 months HGVC will cease to be useful to me and I will cease to be a member.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The old adage of buy where you want to go still appies. I own The Bay Club in HI and still have not decided if its worth it for me to join HGVC.

I definitely agree with our W. 57th purchase. Our Vegas points to use in Hawaii...maybe not so much :) But we know it's a risk.

With our DVC, for example, we own the resorts we want to frequent and book at 11 months.

Cheers.

eleigh

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a deeded (floating) week with Diamond at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. Have not heard anything about anything changing for weeks owners. No HVC max info or attempt to concert/up sell to points. When I get emails from Diamond they say HGVC…. Do you think we will need to buy points/join HVG max to get access to any Hilton properties? Thoughts???

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We own a deeded (floating) week with Diamond at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. Have not heard anything about anything changing for weeks owners. No HVC max info or attempt to concert/up sell to points. When I get emails from Diamond they say HGVC…. Do you think we will need to buy points/join HVG max to get access to any Hilton properties? Thoughts???
Exactly how it will work, is not fully known. I would fully expect you will have to buy something to get access to HGV resorts.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Have not heard anything about anything changing for weeks owners. No HVC max info or attempt to concert/up sell to points. When I get emails from Diamond they say HGVC…. Do you think we will need to buy points/join HVG max to get access to any Hilton properties?
Short answer: Yes. Deeded owners (and resale points owners) are not eligible for HGV Max. I can't find it at the moment, but it was in one of the documents HGV released. I'll continue to look for it and update this post if I find it.

There's HGVC inventory already in DeX; there's a chance it will increase, but I'm not holding my breath.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Short answer: Yes. Deeded owners (and resale points owners) are not eligible for HGV Max. I can't find it at the moment, but it was in one of the documents HGV released. I'll continue to look for it and update this post if I find it.

There's HGVC inventory already in DeX; there's a chance it will increase, but I'm not holding my breath.
They are Diamond deeded owner, that are The DRI Club Members with over 50,000 points and have fully pay off their timeshare resort.

What are their status?

eleigh

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the information. We are thinking about trying to sell our ownership, but want to know what options there are to go to Hilton properties before we decide.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I can understand resale, but not including deeded owners is a new low for them.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the information. We are thinking about trying to sell our ownership, but want to know what options there are to go to Hilton properties before we decide.
What do you MFs look like, unit size and season?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
The DRI Club Members with over 50,000 points and have fully pay off their timeshare resort.
Just like on the HGVC side, if purchased between January 14th - April 3rd, they'll be able to opt-in. If on/after April 4th, then they will be in HGV Max. If prior to January 14th, there's no firm direction. It appears they are working a way to pay a fee to join HGV Max. $7K was previously mentioned (at least on the HGVC side), but I don't know if that is current/accurate.
If you check in DeX, you'll see some HGVC inventory. We used DeX to exchange into The Grand Islander by HGVC in April. While HGVC inventory appears in DeX, it's very limited at the moment.

ETA: I'm still of the opinion that it's best to purchase a resale unit in the other Club if you already own in one. Sure, you don't get certain benefits, but the buy-in cost outweighs them in my opinion. I'm in the same boat as you. If I decide I really want access to HGVC resorts, I'll buy a resale unit. I doubt that I will so I will be at the mercy of DeX inventory to get to HGVC units.
I can understand resale, but not including deeded owners is a new low for them.
I think it's because they are using THE Club (and HGVC) inventory for HGV Max. Since deeded owners aren't in THE Club, it's not possible to participate.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just like on the HGVC side, if purchased between January 14th - April 3rd, they'll be able to opt-in. If on/after April 4th, then they will be in HGV Max. If prior to January 14th, there's no firm direction. It appears they are working a way to pay a fee to join HGV Max. $7K was previously mentioned (at least on the HGVC side), but I don't know if that is current/accurate.

If you check in DeX, you'll see some HGVC inventory. We used DeX to exchange into The Grand Islander by HGVC in April. While HGVC inventory appears in DeX, it's very limited at the moment.

ETA: I'm still of the opinion that it's best to purchase a resale unit in the other Club if you already own in one. Sure, you don't get certain benefits, but the buy-in cost outweighs them in my opinion. I'm in the same boat as you. If I decide I really want access to HGVC resorts, I'll buy a resale unit. I doubt that I will so I will be at the mercy of DeX inventory to get to HGVC units.

I think it's because they are using THE Club (and HGVC) inventory for HGV Max. Since deeded owners aren't in THE Club, it's not possible to participate.
Correction . They are fully paid deeded owners, that are in the DRI The Club.