• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Princeville (Studio, 1, and 2 bedroom) comparison in Princeville Kauai Hawaii

What unit is your preference?

• Studio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Bedroom

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Two Bedroom

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I pick the room size based on the group that is traveling

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
This is my first comparison video of a all the room types in a timeshare. It is hard work, but someone has to try out all the configurations :cool: .

About an hour drive from the Lihue Airport in Princeville Hawaii on the Island of Kauai sits the Westin Princeville (part of Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club). Today's review is a comparison of the Studio, one bedroom, and the two bedroom units. The building are three stories tall and have lush tropical plants throughout. There are three+ pools, a fitness center, and plenty of grills on the property.

What I have done is included a chart with the points required to stay at each unit, the square footage, etc.... I then provide some insights into which rooms have the best ocean views, which room is best for what types of vacations, etc... After this analysis, I provide you with a video (back to back) of the Studio, the one bedroom, and the two bedroom so you can compare it yourself. I hope you enjoy this video. If you want to watch the reviews of the rooms separately, the links are below;

Studio Room Review
One Bedroom Review
Two Bedroom Review

If you want just to jump to the section for the room video in the this video, they are located at;

Studio - 7 Min 36 Seconds
One Bedroom - 10 Minutes 35 Seconds
Two Bedroom - 14 Min 51 Seconds

Complete video review of Westin Princeville (Studio, 1, and 2 bedroom) comparison in Princeville Kauai Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Here are the detail comparison slides that are part of the video for those who prefer to read over watch a video;

1650130841432.png

• Studio
    • Low costs… I use this when I want to stay in Hawaii as long as possible
    • Cramped with 4 adults, cooking counter top is limited, two burners only
    • Not bad with two adults… Similar to high end hotel room with cooking
    • If you are at the pool, use the grills a lot, or are out sight seeing then the extra space is a luxury that may not matter
  • One Bedroom
    • Not too much more than the studio even though it sleeps the same
    • Four people fit in the unit well
    • Full kitchen makes this ideal for cooking meals and using the grills….
    • If the one bedroom results in less money spent on restaurants, then the extra costs works
    • The living room is spacious and the deck is more spacious than the two Bedroom
  • Two Bedroom
    • Is the combined Studio and one bedroom
    • Sleeps up to 8 people…. Works for two adult couples, or larger families with teenagers who won’t share beds, or Grandparents, adult children and their Children, etc…
    • Kitchen is ample and saves lots of money when many people are eating vs. restaurants

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Are the costs you reference based solely on the MF for a Princeville deed? As you know, there are many ways of staying at this resort, some more expensive than others.

And you might want to change "points" to "staroptions" to avoid confusion with Bonvoy points, etc.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Are the costs you reference based solely on the MF for a Princeville deed? As you know, there are many ways of staying at this resort, some more expensive than others.

And you might want to change "points" to "staroptions" to avoid confusion with Bonvoy points, etc.
Yes, maintenance fees and yes staroptions. Thanks for clarifying

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
2br mf $2,425? I thought i was around $3,200.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
2br mf $2,425? I thought i was around $3,200.
I thought @Clifbell owned Westin Flex, but that would still put 148,100 HomeOptions at $3,114 based on Westin Flex at $0.02103/point. In the video Cliff indicated $1,800 for 110,000 options. That comes out to only about $0.01636/point.