• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV South

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Booked the South for 2 weeks and they have different descriptions for a 1 bedroom
"1 bedroom Premium standard" vs "1 Bedroom Premium Villa"
Is there a difference?

Also what buildings have been renovated and are the non renovated rooms ok or showing unacceptable ?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Buildings 2 and 4 have been refurbished; building 3, not yet. We are currently staying in building 3 and it is fine (we stayed in building 2 last month for comparison).

Some of the one bedroom units here are dedicated one bedroom units (ie. no lockoff portion); these units are slightly larger. Never stayed in one so cannot comment. Nor do I know what Vistana labels each of them.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked the South for 2 weeks and they have different descriptions for a 1 bedroom
"1 bedroom Premium standard" vs "1 Bedroom Premium Villa"
Is there a difference?

Also what buildings have been renovated and are the non renovated rooms ok or showing unacceptable ?
The "1-bedroom Premium standard units are the dedicated (stand-alone) 1-BR units, and as vacationtime1 mentioned, they are slightly larger than the "premium" 1-BR units. You also have the full use of the entryway for yourself, rather than having the shared atrium of the lock-off units.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Thanks arriving in 2 weeks, 10 nights in standard and 6 nights in premium, was wondering if they could be combined but sounds like not since different type of units.
These just popped up yesterday.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The "1-bedroom Premium standard units are the dedicated (stand-alone) 1-BR units, and as vacationtime1 mentioned, they are slightly larger than the "premium" 1-BR units. You also have the full use of the entryway for yourself, rather than having the shared atrium of the lock-off units.

I had one of these standalone units long ago, and there is no entryway. The hallway door opens directly into the unit itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I had one of these standalone units long ago, and there is no entryway. The hallway door opens directly into the unit itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh, somehow I never knew those units existed. Given that I usually reserve just the 1BR side when we are there, I should try to get one of those.

The bad design of those lockoffs (SVO bought the resort after construction had begun, so they had no influence over the building and unit layouts) always leaves me worrying that my neighbor is going to security lock the outer door and lock us out, maybe accidentally. I've heard of it happening to others; it's never happened to me.

I'm surprised they've never been able to get rid of the security locks on that outer hallway door, but maybe it's a building code issue for hotels. Obviously they did a better job with that aspect of the design on WKORVN, though I still prefer the original south property.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Oh, somehow I never knew those units existed. Given that I usually reserve just the 1BR side when we are there, I should try to get one of those.

I believe there are only a few of them and they are at the end of buildings 2 and 3 closest to building 1 (so as far away from the water as possible and still be in those buildings).

The bad design of those lockoffs (SVO bought the resort after construction had begun, so they had no influence over the building and unit layouts) always leaves me worrying that my neighbor is going to security lock the outer door and lock us out, maybe accidentally. I've heard of it happening to others; it's never happened to me.

I'm surprised they've never been able to get rid of the security locks on that outer hallway door, but maybe it's a building code issue for hotels. Obviously they did a better job with that aspect of the design on WKORVN, though I still prefer the original south property.

I'm fairly sure they need to keep that since it is used by those who reserve the full 2-bed unit.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I'm fairly sure they need to keep that since it is used by those who reserve the full 2-bed unit.
Oh that's true. Duh! When you reserve the whole thing, you prop the inner doors open and use only the outer door. I rarely do that, so wasn't thinking. Lol.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The standalone 1BR essentially have the same foyer area and layout as the 1BR side of the 2BR units. The difference is that there is no internal door in the foyer to go into the room, and of course there is no door to a studio side. The foyer area has the same tile and appearance as in the 2BR units. You essentially get to use the foyer as you see fit.

There are 4 of these units in the various buildings. I've only stayed in xx24 and xx25 units. the last units before the OF units begin. There is another pair further back, I think next to the elevator area going towards bldg. 1, but I am not certain. You should be able to see them in the resort map, but the map in the stickies seems to be missing.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 4 of these units in the various buildings. I've only stayed in xx24 and xx25 units. the last units before the OF units begin. There is another pair further back, I think next to the elevator area going towards bldg. 1, but I am not certain. You should be able to see them in the resort map, but the map in the stickies seems to be missing.

I think we've been in one of these once, building 3 like halfway down the hall. it felt very strange not going through two sets of doors to get in...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I stayed in one (B3 north 6th floor) over Aunties - wasn’t for us. Kind of like being above the food/bar at WKORVN.

All of the front ones are great - they are 2nd from ocean along sides of building 2 and 3 - right after the OF Deluxe Studio)

If I stayed in others (furthest away from ocean), I would stay away from the ones above Aunties (B2 north), and B3 north (kid pool and walkway). The B2 south should be nice (maybe not 2 lowest floors) - same with B3 south (over parking lot/park).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: