• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OooP's! Something unexpected just happened.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Way to wow the 20 something's, Wyndham!

My nephew has been checking Park City regularly for some dates. Imagine his excitement when he found the dates he's been working so hard to find.

View attachment 44867

I’ve definitely noticed more errors like this when attempting to search availability and when attempting to book over the past week or so. I was able to make a reservation back in late December for some friends to head to Atlantic City in February for Valentine’s Day, but I was not able to search and find availability for next Thanksgiving because I kept getting this same error when attempting to book. I’ve also noticed that the monthly availability calendar doesn’t appear to be working the way it should when attempting to filter by room type - I often end up getting this same error when attempting to filter by room size - which is a PITA for me as I am only looking for 3/4 bedroom units for a larger family vacation. Frustrating to say the least. I’ve reported these issues to the new contact I’ve been given and am awaiting feedback. Will keep everyone posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I’ve definitely noticed more errors like this when attempting to search availability and when attempting to book over the past week or so. I was able to make a reservation back in late December for some friends to head to Atlantic City in February for Valentine’s Day, but I was not able to search and find availability for next Thanksgiving because I kept getting this same error when attempting to book. I’ve also noticed that the monthly availability calendar doesn’t appear to be working the way it should when attempting to filter by room type - I often end up getting this same error when attempting to filter by room size - which is a PITA for me as I am only looking for 3/4 bedroom units for a larger family vacation. Frustrating to say the least. I’ve reported these issues to the new contact I’ve been given and am awaiting feedback. Will keep everyone posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. It seems like these are getting worse instead of better. I'm also seeing people saying they have login issues (well, having to repeatedly login during sessions). That has been better for me than it once was, so I guess I feel lucky. I am having it happen once in awhile (having to re-enter my credentials) but not nearly as bad as it well. Judging from messages others have posted, they must have it worse. We don't even talk about the search anymore. Changing the criteria is just awful. I use the bucket list as a favorites search type thing or I'd be even more frustrated.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Not while I was on the phone. I received an email to that effect. But, it does not show in upcoming and there is no transaction detail. So who knows!!!

When Owner Care or Owner Resolution makes a reservation for you, they use a "house account." The reservation will never appear in your Upcoming list. All you get is the email confirmation. That's why they are able to make the reservation. They're using a different account.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thank you. It seems like these are getting worse instead of better. I'm also seeing people saying they have login issues (well, having to repeatedly login during sessions). That has been better for me than it once was, so I guess I feel lucky. I am having it happen once in awhile (having to re-enter my credentials) but not nearly as bad as it well. Judging from messages others have posted, they must have it worse. We don't even talk about the search anymore. Changing the criteria is just awful. I use the bucket list as a favorites search type thing or I'd be even more frustrated.

I've also noticed that we appear to have a regression in that the monthly calendar view improvement that was implemented earlier in the fall - to only display open dates for rooms that have two day consecutive availability. I've definitely seen the return of the "consecutive dates not available" when clicking on supposedly open dates when searching for availability - I'm also reporting this back into Wyndham as a regression.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
When Owner Care or Owner Resolution makes a reservation for you, they use a "house account." The reservation will never appear in your Upcoming list. All you get is the email confirmation. That's why they are able to make the reservation. They're using a different account.

That's a workaround of course - but it's really far from ideal given you cannot manage the reservation in your online account. Wyndham needs to get this fixed ASAP.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Maybe the same teams are working on the WorldMark system. It's quite the mess over there with trying to transition over to a Wyndham system from the fairly old software being used presently. Both systems are suffering!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Maybe the same teams are working on the WorldMark system. It's quite the mess over there with trying to transition over to a Wyndham system from the fairly old software being used presently. Both systems are suffering!

The two websites are managed under the same IT/DT team, but there are different product managers and developers working on each website. So it's all under the same umbrella - but not the same resources per se. The overall approach - to the best of my understanding - was to provide a similar user experience regardless of the timeshare system in scope - so that future integrations will not require learning an entirely different system with a different user experience for T&L timeshare owners. I'm not a Worldmark owner at present - so I cannot speak from personal experience regarding the new Worldmark website of course.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
The two websites are managed under the same IT/DT team, but there are different product managers and developers working on each website. So it's all under the same umbrella - but not the same resources per se. The overall approach - to the best of my understanding - was to provide a similar user experience regardless of the timeshare system in scope - so that future integrations will not require learning an entirely different system with a different user experience for T&L timeshare owners. I'm not a Worldmark owner at present - so I cannot speak from personal experience regarding the new Worldmark website of course.
I figured. I recently picked up WorldMark and as of last week able to sign on to the old system. It's throwing a lot of internal server errors, so hard to tell how it's exactly supposed to work. I've not yet been invited (or able to register) on the new system but from the descriptions I've been reading it sounded like the system we've been dealing with. Sounds like it's missing lots of functionality. Thanks.

chaomandy

Reaction score
I received an Email on the reservation yesterday. Today, I received a call that the reservation had been made and that the points had been deducted. I was able to confirm that the points were deducted. Since it's a 'house' reservation, I won't see the reservation on line and if I want to cancel, I'll have to call Owner Care. Forget that, I just cancelled the reservation with the agent and will wait for Wyndham to fix the system. I'm not overly concerned about waiting on that specific reservation.

I was told 10 days to fix the issue. Can't believe they expect owners to deal with such a crappy system.
I called again yesterday and the girl that I talked to said 15 Days.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That's a workaround of course - but it's really far from ideal given you cannot manage the reservation in your online account. Wyndham needs to get this fixed ASAP.

Agree 100%. It accommodates an owner who is unable to book his own reservations but is a highly sub-optimal solution.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I figured. I recently picked up WorldMark and as of last week able to sign on to the old system. It's throwing a lot of internal server errors, so hard to tell how it's exactly supposed to work. I've not yet been invited (or able to register) on the new system but from the descriptions I've been reading it sounded like the system we've been dealing with. Sounds like it's missing lots of functionality. Thanks.

I picked up WorldMark last September. I experimented with the old site for probably about 6 weeks. It wasn’t pretty but it was functional and worked well. Then sometime in November, I think, I started getting system errors, and it got worse and worse. I suspect that when they started doing the transition the old site got unstable for some reason. About 2 weeks ago I was able able to register for the new site. Hooray, I thought. I thought maybe Wyndham would have learned something with the rollout of the new site here on the Wyndham side. But No, It is pretty bad. Lots of functionality missing, very slow, plus I really don’t think they gave any thought about how owners would use the site to book reservations. And the worst part is that as bad as the new site is, the old site, that they said would stay in place is now completely unusable. They better put some people on to fix one of the two site soon.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I picked up WorldMark last September. I experimented with the old site for probably about 6 weeks. It wasn’t pretty but it was functional and worked well. Then sometime in November, I think, I started getting system errors, and it got worse and worse. I suspect that when they started doing the transition the old site got unstable for some reason. About 2 weeks ago I was able able to register for the new site. Hooray, I thought. I thought maybe Wyndham would have learned something with the rollout of the new site here on the Wyndham side. But No, It is pretty bad. Lots of functionality missing, very slow, plus I really don’t think they gave any thought about how owners would use the site to book reservations. And the worst part is that as bad as the new site is, the old site, that they said would stay in place is now completely unusable. They better put some people on to fix one of the two site soon.

You nailed it! That applies to the reservation system and the same applies to the new directory. The new directory is a sales document, very pretty but not as useful for owners as it could be and should be.

The last good directory was the orange one (2014-2015).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You nailed it! That applies to the reservation system and the same applies to the new directory. The new directory is a sales document, very pretty but not as useful for owners as it could be and should be.

The last good directory was the orange one (2014-2015).

So, you guys think that the ability to actually book reservations is a bug, not a feature? :cool: Seems close to right....

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So, you guys think that the ability to actually book reservations is a bug, not a feature? :cool: Seems close to right....
I think that is absolutely true. If a hotel website was difficult and cumbersome to use. They would loose a lot of money. What does Wyndham loose if their owner website doesn’t work well. Probably not much. Their Extra Holliday site works just fine.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I’m also seeing the Opps something happened. Crazy.
I think that kind of like the “Check Engine” light on a car.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark you can ignore the check engine light for awhile and the car won’t stop running. lol with Wyndham it brings the reservation process to a halt-stops running.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark you can ignore the check engine light for awhile and the car won’t stop running..

For anyone listening at home, this can lead to disastrous results.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
For anyone listening at home, this can lead to disastrous results.

I can attest to that one. I had the Check Engine light go on while I was driving. In less than 30 seconds my engine seized. The problem was I got a crack in my radiator and all the water suddenly drained. And the water temp gauge didn’t show I was overheating since there was no water in the radiator to overheat.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I think that is absolutely true. If a hotel website was difficult and cumbersome to use. They would loose a lot of money. What does Wyndham loose if their owner website doesn’t work well. Probably not much. Their Extra Holliday site works just fine.
More rooms available for owners to (try to) book! It'll make someone happy - look at all that availability!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Finally - an appropriate place for our 'Oops - something unexpected happened message' (When a reservation actually books)!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it school vacation time? The grade school children in Carmel, Indiana (who I have long believed run all of RCI’s online affairs) may be out making snowmen instead in of tending to their RCI homework and computer activities.;)