• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2021 ] 10,000 Preferred Access Points Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta Mexico UVC

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Universal Vacation Club at Puerto Vallarta Preferred Access Club

2022 – Free Closing
Annual Usage
4,400 VPA Optimal Points
5.600 CNC Optimal Points
Total of 10,000 Points
Limited Membership Certificate Expires 2067
$4,500.00 – Due Annually November 30th

Seller is paying all closing costs buyer is only responsible for this years maintenance fees of $4,500.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Do you know if this reverts to a timeshare week or is striped of privledges as described in the bylaws ?

Bill

Certain benefits and rights associated with certain Memberships may not be Transferable as determined by the Club Manager from time to time, especially if such Transfer does not comply with the Governing Documents, including but not limited to the following: (a) Club Points may be removed from the Transferred Membership so that it reverts to a traditional Membership based on Weeks; (b) Preferred Time may be removed from the Transferred Membership; and (c) extra fees may be required to accomplish the Transfer

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is from the transfer documents.
If Assignee is an immediate family member (spouse, siblings and children) of Assignor, then all benefits associated with
the Membership shall be conveyed to Assignee in accordance with the Membership Rules. Otherwise, the Membership shall
transfer from Assignor to Assignee in accordance with the Membership Rules with the exception of the following benefits
that shall not transfer or whereby the current benefit is modified from the current Rules as identified below:
a. Preferred Time benefits described in the Rules shall be eliminated.
b. Vacation Banking and Vacation Borrowing benefits shall be reduced from the current allowable years as
described in the Rules to a maximum of one year.
c. Vacation Banking and Vacation Borrowing fees as determined by the Club Manager shall apply to the
transferred Membership.
d. Acceleration of Use benefits described in the Rules shall be eliminated.
e. Holiday Time reservations shall be limited to 60 days or less in advance of arrival regardless of the amount of
points associated with the Membership.
f. As the Villa Group Elite Program is a loyalty program, the benefits associated with Elite Level shall be
eliminated.
g. The Points Redemption Program that allows members to use membership points for goods and services other
than inventory shall be eliminated.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This membership retains the points membership maintenance fee and doesn't even have the perks of a premiere membership. Some of these actually stay points with point perks by adding a person to the membership and then removing a person to the membership. Resortcom would know if this could work. It isn't really a clean and quick transfer but it would keep the value of the membership intact.

Bill

Reaction score
Hello my question is in regards to the membership being mentioned at top of this feed. 10,000 points (4400 VPA; 5600 CNC optimal) I’ve actually been on redweek interested to purchase this very contract.
Does anyone know what CNC optimal is? What stipulations might I have if I get this membership (re-sale). I’ve heard premier memberships only have access to the older VDP resorts (no Cancun ; no arco etc).
Any insight is appreciated as I want you know what 4500 maintenance (points) will actually give me . Of course ResortCom can’t tell me anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
Hello my question is in regards to the membership being mentioned at top of this feed. 10,000 points (4400 VPA; 5600 CNC optimal) I’ve actually been on redweek interested to purchase this very contract.
Does anyone know what CNC optimal is? What stipulations might I have if I get this membership (re-sale). I’ve heard premier memberships only have access to the older VDP resorts (no Cancun ; no arco etc).
Any insight is appreciated as I want you know what 4500 maintenance (points) will actually give me . Of course ResortCom can’t tell me anything.

CNC means Cancun. Those points are to be used at the Cancun resort. Points at .45 cent value is decent. You can use the points for 50% of AI, spa services, or special dinners. 10,000 points probably is +4 weeks per year. You can bank the points or trade in the RCI Collection or Interval International. I have a Garza Blanca contract, but my understanding of this contract is that you’ll have flexibility. It’s a lot of points though. If you have a gang to bring with you, you can use the points all at once because you may be able to use the VPA points at any resort.

Reaction score
Thank you for your response! So you think the 5600 CNC points have to be used at vdp cancun, for either rooms, or the other things mentioned (like all inclusive?)
And the 4400 VPA points will likely be able to be used at the other vdp resorts?
Because 10000
Points is a lot, (and a lot of maintenance fee $)
I want to know what I’m getting into exactly.
I have heard these re- sale contracts will default to premier weeks contracts, and can only use at older VDP resorts. Any thoughts on that? Thank you for your feedback!:)

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
The CNC points allow access to Club Carribe properties including the Garza Blanca properties in Puerto Vallarta Cancun and Cabo. The VPA points Provide access to all Universal Vacation Club properties including Villa Del Arco and the new Villa Valencia Resort in Cabo.

Reaction score
I am liking the details of this more & more!!! Thanks for responses.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am liking the details of this more & more!!! Thanks for responses.

Before you purchase a VPA or CNC points membership it is important to contact resortcom, the company that manages these memberships to find out if the points turn into a float week with home resorts. 702-263-9650. You would need the contract number. Most of these points memberships turn into a float week with a home resort when sold resale.

Bill

Reaction score
Before you purchase a VPA or CNC points membership it is important to contact resortcom, the company that manages these memberships to find out if the points turn into a float week with home resorts. 702-263-9650. You would need the contract number. Most of these points memberships turn into a float week with a home resort when sold resale.

Bill

Thank you for your feedback. I did try to contact ResortCom which was a huge disappointment. Members kept suggesting “call ResortCom and ask…”. First off there is a near 2 hour wait on the phone. When I finally could speak to someone, they couldn’t answer any questions regarding the membership, at all, even though I had the membership #, points values, etc. They said they do not know what it will “downgrade or change to” once it is transferred. So they were no help. However, I she’s get some answers from The salesperson (from Redweek) selling the membership— he was able to contact ResortCom to get me a few answers regarding the transfer. I felt pretty confident it is staying a points membership. Cross your fingers for me!!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your feedback. I did try to contact ResortCom which was a huge disappointment. Members kept suggesting “call ResortCom and ask…”. First off there is a near 2 hour wait on the phone. When I finally could speak to someone, they couldn’t answer any questions regarding the membership, at all, even though I had the membership #, points values, etc. They said they do not know what it will “downgrade or change to” once it is transferred. So they were no help. However, I she’s get some answers from The salesperson (from Redweek) selling the membership— he was able to contact ResortCom to get me a few answers regarding the transfer. I felt pretty confident it is staying a points membership. Cross your fingers for me!!

Here are the official rules regarding transferring vpa points. The main reason I stay away from resale points memberships is that these revert to a premiere time share week with the none of the benefits of the point membership but retain the high maintenance fee of the point membership. Page 12 and 13 on the pdf describes the membership when sold to anyone other than a family member.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here are the regs for the CNC points. Basically it reads the same as the VPA points. These points usually revert to a home resort with none of the point perks transfering. The only way I have heard of to get around this is to add a name onto a membership then take a name off the membership. Occasionally a membership does transfer by selling totally intact. These memberships have that stipulation assigned to them so resortcom or a person holding the contract could tell. Page 26 describe the resale of Club Caribe aka CNC points.

Bill

connxcent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar Cabo

2022 – Free Closing
Annual Usage
4,400 VPA Optimal Points
5.600 CNC Optimal Points
Total of 10,000 Points

Seller is paying all closing costs buyer is only responsible for this years maintenance fees of $4,500.
Did you ever end up going through with this purchase? Did it stay as points?

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
We have confirmed with the management company that this will transfer as points.
We make sure to ask for each account if it will transfer as points or not.
Some do and some don't

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello,
We have confirmed with the management company that this will transfer as points.
We make sure to ask for each account if it will transfer as points or not.
Some do and some don't

This is a fantastic deal !!!

Bill

Reaction score
I ended up going through with this purchase through Redweek. This membership transferred as a points contract, which is what I was hoping. The $4500 due at sale gave me 10,000 points, but the seller had to transfer the points to me after the contract transferred in my name through ResortCom— I had to go through Redweek agent and ask them to contact seller and have him transfer the 10,000 points to me (which he had already paid for in 2022). Redweek agents was helpful and it was done. Meanwhile, ResortCom (Tafer/villa property management) wanted me to pay ANOTHER $4,500 for MY maintenance fees of 2022, soo this was a surprise. Essentially I paid $4500 for the purchase which gave me 10,000 points and then another $4,500 which gave me ANOTHER 10,000 points! Lucky I have a huge family that likes to travel so they helped me with the 2nd maintenance fee!
The points and booking experience has been fantastic. The membership has been more than I could’ve dreamed of. I have able to book every single thing I wanted with no restrictions. My family did a huge family reunion in Cancun in June, and I already have Christmas week in Cabo booked!.. with more points to spare. This was a fantastic purchase I am so grateful I did it!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I ended up going through with this purchase through Redweek. This membership transferred as a points contract, which is what I was hoping. The $4500 due at sale gave me 10,000 points, but the seller had to transfer the points to me after the contract transferred in my name through ResortCom— I had to go through Redweek agent and ask them to contact seller and have him transfer the 10,000 points to me (which he had already paid for in 2022). Redweek agents was helpful and it was done. Meanwhile, ResortCom (Tafer/villa property management) wanted me to pay ANOTHER $4,500 for MY maintenance fees of 2022, soo this was a surprise. Essentially I paid $4500 for the purchase which gave me 10,000 points and then another $4,500 which gave me ANOTHER 10,000 points! Lucky I have a huge family that likes to travel so they helped me with the 2nd maintenance fee!
The points and booking experience has been fantastic. The membership has been more than I could’ve dreamed of. I have able to book every single thing I wanted with no restrictions. My family did a huge family reunion in Cancun in June, and I already have Christmas week in Cabo booked!.. with more points to spare. This was a fantastic purchase I am so grateful I did it!

What a great deal. The flexibility this membership has is the best.

Bill

bundy81881

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Preferred Access

2022 – Free Closing
Annual Usage
4,400 VPA Optimal Points
5.600 CNC Optimal Points
Total of 10,000 Points

Just joined this group and am searching for Villa Preferred Access contracts I can take over or buy. Is this one still available?

bundy81881

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Preferred Access
That account did sell a while ago.
If you would like I can let you know when we get another similar account
Yes please or anything smaller. I have a 1000 VPA points only and that just can't fit me, my wife and three kids. So I need something that can do a 1 bed or 2 bed for more than a week. Thanks!

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whats a good email address for you?
When i get an account that may work I can let you know before I list it online.

Rosirockful

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo bonito rose
So what is the final word on Villa Group resales? Can they be used like RETAIL points or are they restricted as Easyrider was saying? Is it on a case by case basis?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So what is the final word on Villa Group resales?

Can they be used like RETAIL points or are they restricted as Easyrider was saying?

Is it on a case by case basis?
If you are looking to buy Villa resale?
- then I would read every available TUG thread on Villa and research.

As a TUG reader / non owner - It appears that (many but not all) points contracts revert on resale to a weeks format- BUT with the higher MF of the points contract.

Example- {Feb 10 -2023 there is a new Redweek listing for a Villa Flamngos Gold week winter week-1 bedroom / MF $ 887 - expires 2033 -listing price $9000+ transfer fees I would assume a points resale with the same usage access would be a higher MF .
- perhaps @easyrider - @beach.bar.bob - @rboesl or another owner can add the comparison MF for points .

Of course a free / low cost points contract would have a lower upfront cost - and the 10 year amortized cost would need to be evaluated.