• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s on the Thanksgiving Menu?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Who is cooking what tomorrow?

I have a 16 pound turkey for the two of us! Just plunked it in its brine and am pressure cooking a bit of turkey stock from the neck- to make the gravy tomorrow.

Our menu will be simple-
Roast Turkey
Gravy
Homemade cranberry sauce for me
Canned cranberry sauce for husband
Cornbread stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Brown and serve rolls

I picked up two frozen desserts from Aldi- we’ll have to choose one to pull out of the freezer in the morning. The contenders are pumpkin swirl cheesecake and whipped cheesecake which I would top with fresh strawberry sauce.

Tonight I am sous viding then grilling a NY Strip Steak to split with Mr H, with baked sweet potatoes and garlic chive sour cream.

BTW- Monday I ran two errands. I went to Aldi for Thanksgiving supplies, and to Petsmart for dog treats.

Aldi was $40 for a Turkey, one pound of fresh green beans, a quart of strawberries, corn bread stuffing mix, a dozen brown and serve rolls, a can of cranberry sauce, a pound of fresh cranberries, a quart of chicken broth, and 10 pounds of russet potatoes.

Petsmart was $125 for 8 packages of dog treats, on sale buy-three-get-one-free. Lol.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple around here. We hang with (pre-Covid) 5 couples we call 'The Usual Suspects'. All the kiddos are gone. We lost 2 of the guys, so it will be 3 couples for a pot luck. The host couple are roasting the bird & stuffing The other couple will do some sides. We are doing some fresh green beans, a couple of pies (DW won several Wisconsin 4H baking awards with many-generations-old recipes).

We'll crate the new puppy. She won't be thrilled about it, but doesn't cry her little eyes out. She got a new bedroom crate today to take to the second home. She's doing fine except some lurching, biting that we need to calm down. Housebreaking is virtually 100%. No accidents for weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving, ALL!

Jim, Paula and Snickers.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Pretty simple around here. We hang with (pre-Covid) 5 couples we call 'The Usual Suspects'. All the kiddos are gone. We lost 2 of the guys, so it will be 3 couples for a pot luck. The host couple are roasting the bird & stuffing The other couple will do some sides. We are doing some fresh green beans, a couple of pies (DW won several Wisconsin 4H baking awards with many-generations-old recipes).

We'll crate the new puppy. She won't be thrilled about it, but doesn't cry her little eyes out. She got a new bedroom crate today to take to the second home. She's doing fine except some lurching, biting that we need to calm down. Housebreaking is virtually 100%. No accidents for weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving, ALL!

Jim, Paula and Snickers.

We have been hurting for Snickers pix lately….

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I follow Jacques Pepin on Facebook and cook a lot using his recipes and techniques.

I’ll be preparing my turkey like he did with Julia Child, sort of a spatchcock. Separate the legs, debone and stuff the thighs, separate the breast and wings from the backbone.

Potatoes Au Gratin
Stuffing with mushrooms, celery, carrots, apples and sausage.
Sliced Brussel Sprouts sauteed with bacon
Mixed Veg (because I have some in freezer)
Gravy
Parkerhouse Rolls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Just the 2 of us here. We bought a small 3# Butterball turkey roast. We'll have e some mashed potatoes and gravy and some stuffing. Simple.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our menu just got smaller. This weekend I made ahead a dill weed veggie dip, hard boiled eggs (for deviled eggs), and strawberry cream cheese pretzel jello dessert.
And last night our power was out for 6 hours. So it will all go in the garbage on Saturday.
We will still have plenty of food at my inlaws gathering, so I haven’t decided if I will remake anything or not. My husband did go rebuy all the ingredients today, but I’m just not feeling it tonight.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Just the two of us plus one friend for dinner. Pulled Turkey Bone Broth out of Freezer from last year. Will use for Gravey, etc tomorrow. Today Patti made the Pumpkin Pie and mashed potatoes. She decided to bake the potatoes vice boiling. Mash then add sour cream, milk, etc. Tomorrow I am responsible for the Turkey and Stuffing. The Stuffing starts with whole wheat dried bread. Then add celery, onion, apples, and Poultry Herbs.. I make my own Poultry Herb Mixture. Friend is suppose to bring a Green Vegetable.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
There will be five us. My sister in law is hosting so it's she and her husband, dh, dd and me. We are bringing the pie (purchased from a wonderful baker in town - pumpkin strussel and chocolate pecan). Sister in law is fixing turkey, stuffing, gravy, smashed potatoes, baked sweet potato or squash, salad and cranberry sauce. I'm hoping she'll let us bring some of the left overs home with us.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
very basic

turkey
dressing
mashed potatoes
asparagus
homemade cranberry sauce
baked brie with apples for appetizer

pumpkin pie and roll
jello and ice cream

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
For us, we are in Orlando at Gaylord Palms. We could do their Thanksgiving buffet for $80 per person (it includes parking validation!), but we are okay with Denny's turkey and stuffing dinner for only $10.99. So America's Diner it will be!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
One other note on Thanksgiving.

It has always been my favorite holiday. First and foremost for giving Thanks. Right away when we were married, we told everyone that Thanksgiving was going to be our immediate family holiday where we stay home and give Thanks. Surprisingly both our families agreed and it was never an issue. So we always stayed home for Thanksgiving and made a traditional meal.

As our kids got older and moved out, they were always invited over but never expected or forced to come. They always did come for dinner while they were still in our small town. When we moved out of town and my daughter moved away, it was rare when they would come over but we always talk on Thanksgiving.

Christmas was always the whole family get together holiday and we always went to my brother's house since he had the biggest place. I'm glad as a family we were able to have this settled without complaints.

Now that we are in Hawaii, I'm am sure we will spend most Thanksgivings by ourselves but we are fine with that and a couple FaceTime calls. Can't wait for our first Thanksgiving on Molokai with a whole turkey and a traditional meal.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just the two of us this year so very easy (I have to admit I don't mind the easy part AT ALL!)

Turkey roll
Fresh asparagus
Baked sweet potatoes
Dressing
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin Dump Cake - this is a new recipe that looks delicious - I will post a review

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We are guests of DD but we are bringing:
  • Baked Oyster Dressing
    • Crackers
    • Butter
    • Oysters (torn into pieces)
    • Pepper
    • Milk
  • Raw Cranberry/Apple/Orange relish
    • Raw cranberries
    • Navel orange (unpeeled)
    • Apple
    • Powdered ginger
    • Sugar

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just the two of us here, too but we’re perfectly happy with that. We’ll spend Christmas with our daughter in Florida and I’m looking forward to that.

Menu for tomorrow is very traditional but since we’re both trying to get some excess weight off I left out my special green bean casserole, fruit salad, and I limited it to two desserts. Plus, I am cooking a decreased amount of each so not much for leftovers.

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Cranberry Sauce
Dinner Rolls
Mincemeat Pie (For my husband)
Double layer pumpkin pie

Even as I type that I’m thinking, “Why am I making all this for just the two of us) LOL

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Burned-out on turkey Thanksgiving menu:

100% Red oak smoked tri-tip roast on the Traeger (actually the two-pack prime grade roasts from Costco)
Mashed potatoes from scratch
Brown gravy from homemade beef stock
Classic green bean casserole (but with homemade baby bella mushroom soup and a few other upgrades)
Rhodes French Rolls (because, sadly, much better than I can bake from scratch -- the local store often is sold out, so it is not just me)
Someone is making the classic sweet potatoes with marshmallows
Someone is bringing a salad
Someone is bringing apple/cranberry crisp for dessert

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We decided it's too much work for the lazy cooks that we are. Since we have no family here, and will be only two, we're going out to a local upscale restaurant. No leftovers, but also no dishes to wash. :)

Dave

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
We decided it's too much work for the lazy cooks that we are. Since we have no family here, and will be only two, we're going out to a local upscale restaurant. No leftovers, but also no dishes to wash. :)

Dave

But you will miss the Best Sandwich of the Year: leftover Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salt, pepper and Mayo!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
But you will miss the Best Sandwich of the Year: leftover Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salt, pepper and Mayo!
Yep. That's the best after a siesta and the endorphins wear off in time for round two.