• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saving Points into Future Use Years, did they screw us over for this year?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
They said something during the meeting today. Wyndham resale points have to be saved to RCI like five months ahead. So it's too late for 2021 points. That is my understanding.
Ahhh. I missed that. I'm hoping someone misspoke. That would be terrible.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Maybe I misunderstood because I "pretend deposited" points to RCI and could do it with my resale points, so I am absolutely wrong about that. My connection kept pausing during the meeting, so I was getting choppy information and must have thought he said RCI deposits.

When I attempted to deposit the resale points into next use year in Wyndham, I couldn't do that. I got this message:

Points to Deposit
Please select your purchase type and enter the number of points you would like to save for a future Use Year. (I selected my resale points)
Your resale points are not eligible to deposit more than three months into the current Use Year.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They said something during the meeting today. Wyndham resale points have to be saved to RCI like five months ahead. So it's too late for 2021 points. That is my understanding.

You should be able to deposit into RCI anytime.

However I was trying to save by 2021 points into 2022 and you can for this year for resale points only if YOU are VIP, if you are regular the usual time applies. But since they changed the dates on VIP accounts for the deadline that deposit points are, this year only you have to request it from owner care and you have to call.

So Resale points have to be deposited in the first 3 months of the use year. Developer points follow the previous rules, which vary based on your level.

Interesting in that OC person said you have to pay to deposit each point buck separately, at $49 for the phone version, which they are charging, even though you can't do it online at the reduced rate.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I misunderstood because I "pretend deposited" points to RCI and could do it with my resale points, so I am absolutely wrong about that. My connection kept pausing during the meeting, so I was getting choppy information and must have thought he said RCI deposits.

When I attempted to deposit the resale points into next use year in Wyndham, I couldn't do that. I got this message:

Points to Deposit
Please select your purchase type and enter the number of points you would like to save for a future Use Year. (I selected my resale points)
Your resale points are not eligible to deposit more than three months into the current Use Year.

The first post in this thread I noted that Cindy. You have to call, and they will allow you, this year only to pay $49 to deposit your resale point, until the end of this year.

troy12n

Reaction score
I thought the time limits for depositing points into future use years was only for depositing into a future use year for Wyndham, not RCI. I thought for depositing into RCI you had until the last day of the use year, regardless of if it was resale or not. Is this a change?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The first post in this thread I noted that Cindy. You have to call, and they will allow you, this year only to pay $49 to deposit your resale point, until the end of this year.
What I really did misunderstand was the RCI deposits, and I did see that you were talking about Wyndham 2021 points. Thank you for the post because it made me look to see what I could and couldn't do for this year. Everything has changed with our ownership, owning about half VIP Platinum Founders and half resale points. Using resale doesn't seem all that difficult, as long as I put them into RCI or book some off-season weeks at Bonnet Creek, which is the only time we go to Orlando, anyway.

I am going to deposit the points we have left (resale) to RCI for this year. It's only 150,050 left for 2021. I could use them in RCI for Disney.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought the time limits for depositing points into future use years was only for depositing into a future use year for Wyndham, not RCI. I thought for depositing into RCI you had until the last day of the use year, regardless of if it was resale or not. Is this a change?

That is my understanding too.

The change is that VIP owners had a modified schedule on when they could deposit points into future years in Wyndham. Now basically they have two dates; the standard 3 months into use year for resale points, and whatever their VIP status allows for Developer points I also got that they are going to charge them to deposit each group of points separately, so as to collect twice the fees.

troy12n

Reaction score
That is my understanding too.

The change is that VIP owners had a modified schedule on when they could deposit points into future years in Wyndham. Now basically they have two dates; the standard 3 months into use year for resale points, and whatever their VIP status allows for Developer points I also got that they are going to charge them to deposit each group of points separately, so as to collect twice the fees.

Ok, I knew that, but someone mentioned the issue was depositing into RCI, so I was confused by that statement. I also thought they were going to let people deposit into future UY up through 12/31/21 if you called, so if you can do that, I would do that if you dont need any more RCI points

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The way I understand it too is that the hk credits and transaction credits (which would matter less because even if you move points to use next year you could make the reservations this year, to use this year's left over transactions credits if any) won't move with the points. So you already have $159 hk fee to use your this years points for each reservation unless you can squeeze out extras by booking longer stays with larger units with resale points next year.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They screwed me over by making two reservations I had made for next year both have partial resale and partial developer points. So they burned through my 2 free HK and TNS Fee without me even doing anything. Stupid thing was, there was NO reason to split them. I had plenty of points available to just book them as all developer. But they did not.

So I know I have 1 HK to pay and 1 TNS fee to pay on a upcoming Resale booking I know I was planning on making in 2022. I just didn't plan to be out of both Free HK and TNS fees. I guess I can always cancel and rebook one of those bookings that burned them. I will still be out of TNS fees but at least I could get a HK credit back.

Also they will get an extra $49 to save my resale points on top of what they would have gotten for just saving points. As I have been told you have to pay this fee twice. I haven't yet tried but that is what I was told.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
So I know I have 1 HK to pay and 1 TNS fee to pay on a upcoming Resale booking I know I was planning on making in 2022.
If you are planning on actually booking the reservation in 2022, you will have your 2022 RTs by then (issued on 1/1). The real issue is the HK cost, though. RTs are small potatoes.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The mathematics of saving points.

You can do BOTH point type (Resale and Developer) deposits at the same time, provided the rules and timing allow you to do so. For RESALE points you must do it within the first 3 months of the use year. But apparently you should be able to elect to do multiple conversion types for the same online $39 fee. If you don't deposit them at the same time (which I likely won't) then you will have to pay separately for each deposit when requested. For VIPP that have until the end of the use year, that just means doing it twice for most of us.

So THIS year with the rule change midyear, VIPs can still deposit Resale points that are past the 3 month rule, but it must be by Phone (844-991-0921). If you have a different use year you, you may be able to do it online.

But at what point does it make sense to save points.

On line the fee is $39 per transactions , over the phone $49. Renting points is $12/K so DON'T bother saving your points if you can rent the amount of points remaining for less money than the cost of saving the points.

So at $39 online, If you have MORE than 3250 points and you think you could use them then save them, otherwise just leave them, IF you even need them then rent them instead. At $49 calling, If you have MORE than 4083 then save them, otherwise forget it.

Saving only makes sense if you have enough points to make use of it. I will have 75K Resale and not sure exactly how much Developer, depends on what I pick up, rebook or cancel before the end of the year. I moved the 75K today and I am making a 4 BR PH booking for SRP opening tomorrow. That likely will not end up available during the discount window, so planning on burning all my available Resale points on that transaction.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The mathematics of saving points.

You can do BOTH point type (Resale and Developer) deposits at the same time, provided the rules and timing allow you to do so. For RESALE points you must do it within the first 3 months of the use year. But apparently you should be able to elect to do multiple conversion types for the same online $39 fee. If you don't deposit them at the same time (which I likely won't) then you will have to pay separately for each deposit when requested. For VIPP that have until the end of the use year, that just means doing it twice for most of us.

So THIS year with the rule change midyear, VIPs can still deposit Resale points that are past the 3 month rule, but it must be by Phone (844-991-0921). If you have a different use year you, you may be able to do it online.

But at what point does it make sense to save points.

On line the fee is $39 per transactions , over the phone $49. Renting points is $12/K so DON'T bother saving your points if you can rent the amount of points remaining for less money than the cost of saving the points.

So at $39 online, If you have MORE than 3250 points and you think you could use them then save them, otherwise just leave them, IF you even need them then rent them instead. At $49 calling, If you have MORE than 4083 then save them, otherwise forget it.

Saving only makes sense if you have enough points to make use of it. I will have 75K Resale and not sure exactly how much Developer, depends on what I pick up, rebook or cancel before the end of the year. I moved the 75K today and I am making a 4 BR PH booking for SRP opening tomorrow. That likely will not end up available during the discount window, so planning on burning all my available Resale points on that transaction.

That matches the reasoning I've been using. I even set up my tracking sheet in Excel to show 0 points to PDF if I get below 3250 left in a use year. Try to avoid that by planning ahead and borrowing points for a reservation from the FUY to actually get down to zero instead, but this year they comped the PDF since I had to call in and do it instead of do it online, so I moved some points forward.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That matches the reasoning I've been using. I even set up my tracking sheet in Excel to show 0 points to PDF if I get below 3250 left in a use year. Try to avoid that by planning ahead and borrowing points for a reservation from the FUY to actually get down to zero instead, but this year they comped the PDF since I had to call in and do it instead of do it online, so I moved some points forward.

I did not get mine comped I had to pay for it. How did you get a fee deposit? I even tried to get it reduced to $39 as there is no online and they would not go for that either.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I did not get mine comped I had to pay for it. How did you get a fee deposit? I even tried to get it reduced to $39 as there is no online and they would not go for that either.

If I knew that, I'd keep getting it done for free. Guess they just felt sorry for me.

meetseti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any specific number to call or other tips for getting a VC to move my remaining points forward into next year?

On my first attempt, the VC acted as though she had no idea what I meant and said this was not being done for anyone, which I know is not true. I can keep calling in hopes of randomly finding someone more cooperative.

I am silver VIP with a mix of developer and resale points, but I didn't get the email from Wyndham that some people have mentioned.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Is there any specific number to call or other tips for getting a VC to move my remaining points forward into next year?

On my first attempt, the VC acted as though she had no idea what I meant and said this was not being done for anyone, which I know is not true. I can keep calling in hopes of randomly finding someone more cooperative.

I am silver VIP with a mix of developer and resale points, but I didn't get the email from Wyndham that some people have mentioned.
I don't believe there is a special number to call. I called just the other day to make sure we had until the end of this year (an exception this year only) to point deposit the resale to next year. The VC confirmed we can do it, but that we have to call (it can't be done online - online you get the message . I did not ask, but think we have to pay 2 point deposit fees (one for resale and one for developer). And as someone mentioned earlier, it's more to call that do online. So likely I'll call to move the resale and do my developer online.

Probably your best bet is to call again until you find someone that will help you. But, perhaps, there is a different rule for Silver versus Founders? We are Founders and would have had til the end of the year to point deposit any of our points (prior to the split in August). As Silver, you would have been past the deadline, before the split, correct? I don't think I ever got an email (but I rarely get the communications - I learn most things here on TUG :)). If you have points you want to deposit, I would call and ask a different VC, perhaps you can get them to transfer you to Owner Care. I tend to be more successful with Owner Care.

Rule #1 with Wyndham, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

meetseti

TUG Member
Reaction score

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG I’ve now been on the phone with Wyndham 67 mins. The rep had no idea what I was talking about in the one time exception to move forward developer points and resale points to future years until 12/31/21. He kept repeating himself I’m gold VIP and resale is resale. He kept giving me the dates to Deposit that are in the directory. Finally he asked me to email him the email I received from Wyndham about the one time exception. I received that email on 7/19/21. I had printed it out for my own use. I forwarded him the email and he still did not understand what I was telling him about a one time exception. I had to tell him it was in the sixth paragraph not counting the bullet points as paragraphs. He must not be able to count because he said it is the UNDERSTANDING YOUR BENEFITS area. I said NO it’s the paragraph right above that. Ok so he found the correct written word I had already asked all the questions he needed to get answers to for me as far as can I deposit to 2023 and do the resale points and developer points deposit to the correct separate buckets. He had to put me on hold and asked someone else and came back with all the correct answers. He then proceeded to deposit my 98,200 developer points and my 207,000 resale points to 2023 with a one charge of 49.00. He comes back on the line and tells me ok it’s done. I said let me check my screen, I refreshed and all the 306,200 points had been deposited to resale Pts in 2023. I explained what was wrong and we discussed it for a few minutes I explained how it wasn’t correct because the only totals that had changed for 2023 were the PDF(hate that) and the resale amounts. The developer points did not change and doing the math all the points were deposited to resale. I got put on hold for a few minutes the rep comes back and tells me it’s fixed. I refresh my screen and NOPE it’s not. Now it only shows 98,200 dev pts deducted from the 2021 developer bucket, but still all the points are in resale points in 2023. He puts me on hold again and then comes back on the line and says it’s a clinch in the system. Customer care was fixing it. 3rd times the charm it got fixed and the points got into the correct buckets. I had to refresh my screen twice before I could see it. Finally got it done in 92 mins on the phone. The rep then proceeded to tell me a bunch of thing about points being transferred that he was completely wrong about I wanted to scream because there is no way he was going to admit he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about. I gave up thanked him and hung up, with the warning he would be getting more of these calls this week so now he would be prepared. For those owners who don’t think it’s worth the hassle those 306,000 pts are worth 2,295.00 dollars in maintenance fees I’ve already paid for in 2021.
IF ANYONE NEEDS THE EMAIL EXPLAINING THE ONE TIME EXCEPTION FOR 2021 I WILL FORWARD IT TO YOU. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL FORWARD IT TO YOU. I wish this post would hit the top of this thread because it would help others just in time. DO NOT GIVE UP.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I got on the phone with Wyndham this morning and completed the transfer of my resale points to 2023. It's interesting that the person immediately said that my date to do the PDF had passed. When I said that this was allowed due to the changes in August with the VIP program she questioned it again but admitted to it rather quickly after that. So, I think that they're trained with the automatic response of you can't do that unless you call them on it. Anyway, the whole process took about 10 minutes resulting in a 0 point balance for 2021!