• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room cleaning with multiple guest during Covid-19 times :(

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
We had reservations at the Chateau Marriott in Las Vegas. Wanted our friends to spend a 3days with us in the second bedroom, and another set of friends for 3 days after them. Found out they will NOT clean rooms until you TOTALLY CHECK OUT. They will give you towels and sheets, but thats it. I'm like, the 2nd bedroom is totally separate, why can't they clean it? I even asked if there was a cleaning fee and they said NO, with Covid they can't enter the rooms until you have checked out from your reservations. Well...that changes the ol' timesharing plans now. :( Lesson learned...call NOW to check on everything.

Barbara

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I suspect that staffing is the real issue.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same policy at Christmas mountain and little Sweden. They do not enter while you are there and do not clean during the week, even for a fee. At Christmas mountain I was charged 40 for clean sheets mid week, that I had to change

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We were charged for clean sheets at MMO, when our kids stayed one night in our unit after we left. I thought the charge for sheets was ridiculous, considering they don't do anything that they used to do for us.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
We had reservations at the Chateau Marriott in Las Vegas. Wanted our friends to spend a 3days with us in the second bedroom, and another set of friends for 3 days after them. Found out they will NOT clean rooms until you TOTALLY CHECK OUT. They will give you towels and sheets, but thats it. I'm like, the 2nd bedroom is totally separate, why can't they clean it? I even asked if there was a cleaning fee and they said NO, with Covid they can't enter the rooms until you have checked out from your reservations. Well...that changes the ol' timesharing plans now. :( Lesson learned...call NOW to check on everything.

Barbara
Not surprising that they do not do a mid-week clean during Covid. We have stayed at Grand Chateau 2 multi-week times this year and they will clean the rooms once a week. You schedule and ensure you are out of the room during a specified time. For mid-week just ask for clean sheets and make your own bed. This should not influence timesharing plans.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you miss understood what I wrote. We were having friends stay in the 1 bedroom lock off, another set of friends were coming in after to the same unit. They will not clean in between the different friends stay Makes it difficult to invite people now. In the past, we had no problems paying for a light/separate cleaning in between friends when they came to visit.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I think you miss understood what I wrote. We were having friends stay in the 1 bedroom lock off, another set of friends were coming in after to the same unit. They will not clean in between the different friends stay Makes it difficult to invite people now. In the past, we had no problems paying for a light/separate cleaning in between friends when they came to visit.

But it appears it was on the same reservation for only one week. Very few timeshare companies are cleaning more than once every seven days during Covid.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Besides clean towels and linen, what would they have done that a few Clorox wipes and a spray bottle would not have?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got your point. I have had to do the cleaning between two sets of friends at my resort and pay fir the clean sheets if it is the same reservation

titanium2019

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waiohai
You may want to consider washing the linen yourself using the in-unit washer. Or exchange the linen with friendly staff you may see in the hallway cleaning another unit (and tip her).

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This happened to me. I washed the sheets and remade the bed.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Barbara

Since you said you "had" a reservation, I assumed you ended up cancelling the entire thing. That is too bad. But, personally I have learned to be flexible and would have just washed the linens myself and cleaned the bathroom once guest #1 left for guest #2. You may have not even had to wash the linens, there may have been another set already in the closet for the sleep sofa that may have fit the lock off bed.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would not worry about cleaning esp since it‘s with friends you know and who are hopefully vaccinated and who you are pretty sure do not have Covid. I guess if you think your friends could have Covid, they should not visit at all, and this would make cleaning a non issue because they should not be visiting.

If you are worried, you could easily and quickly clean the second bedroom yourself. If they will give you clean towels and sheets, that is half the battle. Or maybe your friends who are checking out could clean before they leave.

From what I have read, Covid does not really spread on surfaces like they were saying at the beginning of the pandemic So personally, this issue would not be a biggie to me. For hygiene purposes from a piece of mind perspective, though, I would want clean towels and sheets and perhaps a bathroom cleaning if I were taking over a room from prior guests.

I am still shocked that 20 months into this pandemic, no one living with me has gotten Covid even though I a pretty sure we must have been exposed in the past 20 months somehow. My husband and I are fully vaccinated (but not our daughters) but that was not until earlier this year and even with the vaccine, people are still getting it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the cleaning issue is more about the toilet, they never provide anything in a timeshare unit to clean a toilet or wipe down a mirror.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the cleaning issue is more about the toilet, they never provide anything in a timeshare unit to clean a toilet or wipe down a mirror.

Yes...friends who don't know each other don't want to share a room/bathroom/shower that isn't cleaned. I understand that. And yes, we cancelled. It was getting too complicated! But thats OK. There will be other vacations!