• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inventory doing weird things

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Last week Austin has not a single date available in November, now yesterday the whole month is available.

Yesterday Kingsgate has a ton of available dates until the end of the year, today there is not a single date until mid January.

What is going on with Inventory, can't be Extra Holidays picking up dates, as some of these dates are outside of the 60 day mark.

Anyone else noticing weird things too?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There's another thread about Austin and the troubles there. Maybe they got materials and project they will have repairs accomplished and units available by November? I have no explanation for Kingsgate getting wiped out. Even the first half of January is blocked off. I could be wrong but I never thought Kingsgate was that popular in the 4th Quarter of the calendar year.

Way back last spring sometime, I made two four-day reservations at Austin in October for a TUGGER who was out of points and has a wedding to go to. He has contacted Austin and given a rundown on the plumbing problems. The resort said a lot of reservations were being canceled but it was being done a Wyndham reservations, not by the resort, and the only way anyone would know about a cancellation is when it happens.

I still have the reservations so he needs to determine if people want to stay in a resort with a lot of construction activity. It's up to him but the fifteen day cancellation deadline is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Edit: Just looked and I see that you started the other Austin thread, too. So I didn't need to tell you about it!

Last edited:

troy12n

Reaction score
I just tried to book a 2BR Lockoff at Majestic Sun. It is showing as an upgrade path and I get presented with a VIP auto Upgrade from both a 1BR Suite or 1BR Deluxe, but when I try to select the upgrade, it shows the room no longer available.

YET... I can directly book both the 1BR suite, 1BR Deluxe AND the 2BR Lockoff directly. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what's going on.

troy12n

Reaction score
I just ended up throwing in the towel for Majestic Sun and booked at PCB instead. Got an upgrade from 1BR to 2 BR there, so that will work for me, I don't have time to deal with these issues. It cost me 11,000 more points, but it is what it is...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Just how much do you expect from a Wyndham implemented program/App?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just tried to book a 2BR Lockoff at Majestic Sun. It is showing as an upgrade path and I get presented with a VIP auto Upgrade from both a 1BR Suite or 1BR Deluxe, but when I try to select the upgrade, it shows the room no longer available.

YET... I can directly book both the 1BR suite, 1BR Deluxe AND the 2BR Lockoff directly. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what's going on.

Is it a lockoff unit, and grabbing part of the lockoff takes away that option to upgrade to the full LO, as you are using part of the lockoff to make the initial booking. This has worked this way for a while, especially if there is only 1 unit available and NO available separate parts of a LO to book.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There's another thread about Austin and the troubles there.

That was me commenting on Austin inventory, which is back now BTW. Strange thins going on.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That was me commenting on Austin inventory, which is back now BTW. Strange thins going on.
Kind of a duplicate thread, IMO. I commented on your other thread noting odd behaviors at Ocean Walk and Bonnet Creek. My best guess is if they are having trouble managing inventory (maybe overbooked or something) they are taking everything off the table. It may come back (but it may not, lol)).

I haven't seen mention of the changes to not showing anything if only 1 night of the same room type. I think it's a different 'issue' than showing nothing then everything showing up. Personally I don't like it. Rather than hijack this thread, I'll start a new one.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same thing with Bonnet Creek. Since Sunday, no availability at Bonnet for the rest of Sept, all of October, and most of Nov. Not a single room. Not a single night. I called to complain. Manning the CSR stated he would not report it as a bug and no manager would ever call me back. There just is no availability. I explained that it was a bug or a block. But, he said he would already be aware if that was the case because owners would have called in and reported it. And, I said, well isn't that exactly what I'm doing and you are going to do exactly nothing about it? He laughed and then said sorry nothing I can do to help. But, I will note your account.

Absolutely useless. A company that CSRs refuse to report bugs to their IT group. And, not only refuses to report an owner complaint but basically bragged that he was going to do nothing to address my concerns!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Is it a lockoff unit, and grabbing part of the lockoff takes away that option to upgrade to the full LO, as you are using part of the lockoff to make the initial booking. This has worked this way for a while, especially if there is only 1 unit available and NO available separate parts of a LO to book.

Yes - I've seen this on occasion at OTA as well. Since a two bedroom lockoff consists of both a one bedroom suite and a one bedroom deluxe - if there's only this set of rooms available - the upgrade won't work since it's using the same actual rooms for both transactions. I know this because I kept getting this problem online - and ended up calling the resort directly - and they verified this was exactly what was happening within the system.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same thing with Bonnet Creek. Since Sunday, no availability at Bonnet for the rest of Sept, all of October, and most of Nov. Not a single room. Not a single night. I called to complain. Manning the CSR stated he would not report it as a bug and no manager would ever call me back. There just is no availability. I explained that it was a bug or a block. But, he said he would already be aware if that was the case because owners would have called in and reported it. And, I said, well isn't that exactly what I'm doing and you are going to do exactly nothing about it? He laughed and then said sorry nothing I can do to help. But, I will note your account.

Absolutely useless. A company that CSRs refuse to report bugs to their IT group. And, not only refuses to report an owner complaint but basically bragged that he was going to do nothing to address my concerns!

It's 50th Anniversary at WDW. It could quite legitimately be booked up.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Especially now that single nights won’t show on the availability calendar. That used to be a good indication that it wasn’t a weird inventory thing, even if there weren’t any viable stays available. Now it’s tougher to tell.

troy12n

Reaction score

Yes - I've seen this on occasion at OTA as well. Since a two bedroom lockoff consists of both a one bedroom suite and a one bedroom deluxe - if there's only this set of rooms available - the upgrade won't work since it's using the same actual rooms for both transactions. I know this because I kept getting this problem online - and ended up calling the resort directly - and they verified this was exactly what was happening within the system.

I was indeed trying to instant upgrade into a 2BR lockoff...

While this is a good explanation of what might be or is happening, it seems the system should be smart enough to be able to process this sort of thing. But i'm not surprised it tripped over itself.

So follow up questions:

1. is this something we can forward to development as an issue to fix? It seems like logic they can input to allow this.
2. is this something owner care, or a VC can handle/book manually if we call?

I ended up just not wanting to take a chance and booked at Panama City Beach, for about 11,000 more points. I was able to upgrade from a 1BR to 2BR but PCB is more points, and the ability to upgrade from a suite to a 2BR lockoff was much more appealing and cheaper.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not trying to hijack this thread. So, move it if needed. I've been going to Bonnet for about 12 years sometimes 14 weeks a year. Many Christmas Weeks more New Year's Weeks than I can count. Never, ever have I seen 3 months booked solid in a row without a single night - especially since all children are in school (for the most part). It may be booked up, but I'm pretty sure doubtful. Especially, considering that Extra Holidays has most days/weeks open for booking. Literally, almost all month other than Sat nights. So, obviously, this amazing windfall of increased demand looking to book Bonnet hasn't been told about Extra Holidays or Ebay since there is plenty of supply to be booked there as well.

I realize that it's different inventory for Extra Holidays. Just saying that if there is all this 50th Anniversary pent-up, huge demand....I would expect for the month of October to be sold out on Ebay and many dates on Extra Holidays which is not nearly the case. Nor does Redweek appear to have very many units booked up. Just sayin!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

I suspect room controllers are able to take everything off the table for whatever reason they need to. No doubt something like that is going on. Most people, I think even the CSR you talked to, believe it's not a problem. Definitely a waste of time trying to figure it out. Chalk it up to the ways of Wyndham.

Different thread - same issue: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/wyndham-austin.325508/post-2668725

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Not trying to hijack this thread. So, move it if needed. I've been going to Bonnet for about 12 years sometimes 14 weeks a year. Many Christmas Weeks more New Year's Weeks than I can count. Never, ever have I seen 3 months booked solid in a row without a single night - especially since all children are in school (for the most part). It may be booked up, but I'm pretty sure doubtful. Especially, considering that Extra Holidays has most days/weeks open for booking. Literally, almost all month other than Sat nights. So, obviously, this amazing windfall of increased demand looking to book Bonnet hasn't been told about Extra Holidays or Ebay since there is plenty of supply to be booked there as well.

I realize that it's different inventory for Extra Holidays. Just saying that if there is all this 50th Anniversary pent-up, huge demand....I would expect for the month of October to be sold out on Ebay and many dates on Extra Holidays which is not nearly the case. Nor does Redweek appear to have very many units booked up. Just sayin!
Oh @HeidingOut -- I'm sure it's all those owners going on vacation now that Wyndham has implemented the owner priority (black out) dates and gotten rid of all the megarenters! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
I suspect room controllers are able to take everything off the table for whatever reason they need to. No doubt something like that is going on. Most people, I think even the CSR you talked to, believe it's not a problem. Definitely a waste of time trying to figure it out. Chalk it up to the ways of Wyndham.

Different thread - same issue: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/wyndham-austin.325508/post-2668725

I'm convinced that Wyndham has blocked availability for all ALL Club Pass inventory for Bonnet Creek through 11/26/21. I have never seen a situation where there are absolutely no nights shown as available for that length of time, unless the resort has been closed for some reason. Even with the calendar view update and the WDW 50th anniversary, this is highly unlikely. I would like to know if anyone is successful at booking any type of reservation at Bonnet Creek commencing now through 11/26/21. If you do try to book something and get the "no availability" garbage, I'd encourage you to call vacation planning so they get a strong message that something is wrong.

I think whatever is causing this is also preventing auto upgrades from occurring at Bonnet Creek. I've had three developer points 1 BR deluxe reservations that were not upgraded within the 60 day window. They were all booked in separate individual account owners names. Prior to the August reservation system changes, I almost always was able to get an upgrade for any reservation booked 60 days or more before check-in. The fact that this did not occur for any of these reservations is extremely questionable.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Wyndham has blocked availability for all ALL Club Pass inventory for Bonnet Creek through 11/26/21. I have never seen a situation where there are absolutely no nights shown as available for that length of time, unless the resort has been closed for some reason. Even with the calendar view update and the WDW 50th anniversary, this is highly unlikely. I would like to know if anyone is successful at booking any type of reservation at Bonnet Creek commencing now through 11/26/21. If you do try to book something and get the "no availability" garbage, I'd encourage you to call vacation planning so they get a strong message that something is wrong.

I think whatever is causing this is also preventing auto upgrades from occurring at Bonnet Creek. I've had three developer points 1 BR deluxe reservations that were not upgraded within the 60 day window. They were all booked in separate individual account owners names. Prior to the August reservation system changes, I almost always was able to get an upgrade for any reservation booked 60 days or more before check-in. The fact that this did not occur for any of these reservations is extremely questionable.

It isn't just Club Pass. There's little to no inventory at BC through any channel.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing earlier in the week with all Myrtle Beach Resorts and Edisto Island, Tennessee nothing available for the month of October. Things seemed to have straightened out yesterday. Whenever I see an entire month or 2 blocked I always know something is going on. As there is no way no how every single day is booked at a resort for 2 entire months. I don’t care what the resort is. Unless the resort has been hit by a natural disaster.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score

This happens all the time with the resorts in New Orleans. I don’t even bother calling Wyndham anymore as the VC can only see what we see and they give the craziest reasons behind what might be happening.
I email the resort room manager directly and things usually get opened up or I get an explanation of what the problem is.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I believe Tower 6 at BC is shut down for maintenance...............hence your no inventory.
They take a tower down for maintenance every year this time of year. This is something more than the normal scheduled maintenance.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
There is also the chance that it really is booked up since everyone is flush with points due to Covid last year allowing everyone to push points to this year regardless of status. On top of that we are close to the end of this year and everyone knows Bonnet creek rents well.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Just checking in on this item to see if we're still seeing blocks of inventory unavailable. I'm happy to follow up with our contacts if we can give some specific examples of what we're seeing - just list them out in bullet points if possible and I'll submit what we're seeing to our Wyndham contacts.