• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual passes and park reservations for late October. Passes good until 6/2022, not staying at Disney, staying at Marriott.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We renewed our annual passes in May to expire 6/1/2022. These are Disney Vacation Club passes we renewed, and we cannot get any park reservations when logged into My Disney Experience. It shows the passes we have, but the calendar is blocked for booking all of October and November.

Anyone know why that is? We are not at Disney because I couldn't get Disney for any of that stay for our family. We are staying at Marriott. The kids can get reservations because they are buying tickets. I am unsure how to book park reservations. What to do?

nomoretslt

Reaction score
We renewed our annual passes in May to expire 6/1/2022. These are Disney Vacation Club passes we renewed, and we cannot get any park reservations when logged into My Disney Experience. It shows the passes we have, but the calendar is blocked for booking all of October and November.

Anyone know why that is? We are not at Disney because I couldn't get Disney for any of that stay for our family. We are staying at Marriott. The kids can get reservations because they are buying tickets. I am unsure how to book park reservations. What to do?
I have the same pass as you and just did a “pretend” park reservation. The calendar is showing availability for October. However, had to go thru a process. Not sure when the changes took effect, but you can only reserve 5 days I think if staying off property. Anyway, I went to MDE and selected make park reservations. Make sure you log in first. It brought me to the normal page, but when I selected October 20, it brought me to a new page where I had to select myself again, then brought me to the calendar. It showed green for all parks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We still have legacy silver passes and just made some park reservations the other day for November.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So I am just a goof. I wasn't logged in, like I thought I was. So it's all good.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So I am just a goof. I wasn't logged in, like I thought I was. So it's all good.
I just got off the phone with them. They said November was blocked out but it just opened up. I’m hoping some park opens on 10/1 but I doubt it. Maybe as we get closer they will open some more slots up for pass holders.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney's website is the WORST. I am talking My Disney Experience, disneyworld.disney.go I get nothing but error messages and haven't been able to tie our entire family together for our trip next month. We are not staying at Disney, and I think that is a disadvantage. Maybe our daughter or daughter-in-law can do it for all of us. I am at a loss. I think it's because Disney just started selling annual passes again and the website cannot take the influx of people logging into it.

I am going to try at midnight tonight and see if it works (East Coast people might be asleep at that time).

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I wish they would bring back Epcot after 4 passes.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wish they would bring back Epcot after 4 passes.
Perhaps they will, after the holiday season and their Candlelight Processional is over.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Disney's website is the WORST. I am talking My Disney Experience, disneyworld.disney.go I get nothing but error messages and haven't been able to tie our entire family together for our trip next month. We are not staying at Disney, and I think that is a disadvantage. Maybe our daughter or daughter-in-law can do it for all of us. I am at a loss. I think it's because Disney just started selling annual passes again and the website cannot take the influx of people logging into it.

I am going to try at midnight tonight and see if it works (East Coast people might be asleep at that time).
I bought my AP a week ago and it’s been working fine for me. It would be nice if they open more reservation spots for AP holders for other parks on 10/1 but I doubt they will.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are trying to book 10 people and connecting us has been a chore.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought my AP a week ago and it’s been working fine for me. It would be nice if they open more reservation spots for AP holders for other parks on 10/1 but I doubt they will.
They did open up some of the bonus slots, but highly doubt anything will open for 10/1. Those have been booked solid for all methods of entry (APs, onsite guests, daily ticket holders) for many months.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
They did open up some of the bonus slots, but highly doubt anything will open for 10/1. Those have been booked solid for all methods of entry (APs, onsite guests, daily ticket holders) for many months.
I was able to book a bonus slot for next week at HS next week.

As of now, daily ticket holders can still get into AK and HS on 10/1. Last week there was availability at Epcot as well, I just checked now and there is nothing at Epcot or MK on the anniversary. Id like to be at Epcot on 10/1 but that doesn’t look like a possibility even if I bought a day ticket. Oh well!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was able to book a bonus slot for next week at HS next week.

As of now, daily ticket holders can still get into AK and HS on 10/1. Last week there was availability at Epcot as well, I just checked now and there is nothing at Epcot or MK on the anniversary. Id like to be at Epcot on 10/1 but that doesn’t look like a possibility even if I bought a day ticket. Oh well!
You could always book a park that is open and then hop after 2pm?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You could always book a park that is open and then hop after 2pm?
Nothing available on annual pass reservations. I def don’t want to buy a day ticket with hopper for $175 just for 10/1. $1400 for the incredipass was enough

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
I had this panic too! I think that the website we've been checking since Disney reopened no longer gives info on Annual Pass availability due to all the various black out dates.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
When I looked at the new passes, I was shocked they had an actually reasonable pass for $399. Every pass that was below 700 used to block out the summer. I’d rather have weekends blocked than summer blocked anyways. Both Wyndham and Marriott (where i own) are ridiculously cheaper sun-fri anyways.

I’m just curious what genie+ is going to do to wait times. At first I was pissed because they were out pricing the middle class, but only having to pay 499 to access all 4 parks most weekdays and 2 water parks during weekends seems like a reasonable deal. The water park annual passes used to be $150 alone. Now they’re a 99 add on and include mini golf too. You can use your annual pass to play mini golf during the cold months. Before the water park passes were useless Nov-March.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When I looked at the new passes, I was shocked they had an actually reasonable pass for $399. Every pass that was below 700 used to block out the summer. I’d rather have weekends blocked than summer blocked anyways. Both Wyndham and Marriott (where i own) are ridiculously cheaper sun-fri anyways.
They had this pass prior to the September 8th restart of APs. It was called the Weekday Select pass and had pretty much the same blackout dates. Though I beleive they now blackout Thanksgiving week on all their Florida Resident passes. That pass was previously $373. So only a small increase in price. We currently have the Silver AP. This past year's renewal cost us $458+tax. Next year it will cost us a renewal of 594+ tax for what is not the similar Pirate Pass. That is a pretty steep increase. We might drop down to that weekday only Pixie Dust pass. Not sure yet.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
They had this pass prior to the September 8th restart of APs. It was called the Weekday Select pass and had pretty much the same blackout dates. Though I beleive they now blackout Thanksgiving week on all their Florida Resident passes. That pass was previously $373. So only a small increase in price. We currently have the Silver AP. This past year's renewal cost us $458+tax. Next year it will cost us a renewal of 594+ tax for what is not the similar Pirate Pass. That is a pretty steep increase. We might drop down to that weekday only Pixie Dust pass. Not sure yet.
Not even remotely the same as before. They UNBLOCKED the summer time and reduced the cost of adding on waterpark. They only blocked the WORST times to go in the old Weekday Select Pass. (Thanksgiving and March break). I'd rather have 2 months of the summer than those 2 weeks. I would just do the Pixie Dust in your situation too. You don't need weekends and it doesn't make economical sense since you like to book Sun-Fri on points anyways.

Before weekday select was $373 with summer blocked + $160 (ish) for water park. Now its roughly the same price, but summer is unblocked and you also get access to minigolf. You're actually getting more for your money than before.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
With Weekday Select, they block Summer, Christmas, New Year's and I think Easter weeks. It also only blocked Saturday and Sunday. The Pixie Dust pass does give back Summer, but takes away Thanksgiving and an additional Spring Break week in March. The Pixie Dust pass also takes away all long weekend holidays that fall on a Monday. Any holiday, like Columbus Day, Labor Day, President's Day, MLK.

I was comparing the two as essentially they are both weekday only passes. One can argue the value. All costs in (if you add water park), the new pass is a little cheaper. Minigolf is not a big deal for us, but losing holiday Mondays is a pretty big hit when we often work during the week and go to the parks when we either take time off. after work or are in Orlando on a holiday week and go on the holiday. So the most compatible pass to our current Silver Pass is the Pirate pass at a significant price increase. We just need to decide how important those few holiday Mondays are for us.