• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Nashville weekend rental

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a Wyndham Nashville rental for Oct 14-17 on eBay. I thought Wyndham was blocking weekends for owners. Is there any way this is legit.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I have found Wyndham availability on RCI during Blackout periods. I've never seen it posted in RCI that the Blackout windows apply to RCI reservations. So, if the reservation was made via RCI, it may be legit. It would also be expensive as there are no decent discounts available through RCI. If it's something you are interested in, you should contact the lister.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have found Wyndham availability on RCI during Blackout periods. I've never seen it posted in RCI that the Blackout windows apply to RCI reservations. So, if the reservation was made via RCI, it may be legit. It would also be expensive as there are no decent discounts available through RCI. If it's something you are interested in, you should contact the lister.
RCI seems like an unlikely explanation because (1) it's only a weekend, so it would have to be in points/nightly stays, and more importantly (2) RCI exchanges (or cash vacations) cannot be rented out per RCI's terms.

It's possible this would count as one of the owner's two unaccompanied guests, or that the owner has a concurrent reservation in their name. Or it's possible the lister didn't take into consideration the blackout dates and it risks a cancellation. I would find it extremely reasonable to ask the lister of such a reservation which of Wyndham's exceptions would ensure this reservation doesn't get canceled once a guest name is placed on it.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
2) RCI exchanges (or cash vacations) cannot be rented out per RCI's terms.
Yes, but......it's done all the time. On your point 1, agreed, but nightly reservations can be done with an RCI points account. My comment was around whether it could be legit. It could be legit, but, it would be pricey by the time you add in the cost of the points, the transaction fee, and the GC. A low price would cause me to be very suspicious.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Yes, but......it's done all the time. On your point 1, agreed, but nightly reservations can be done with an RCI points account. My comment was around whether it could be legit. It could be legit, but, it would be pricey by the time you add in the cost of the points, the transaction fee, and the GC. A low price would cause me to be very suspicious.
It's not a low price, it's $500. At full points it would be 66k points, which with my MFs is $376.86. If I had to pay for a guest cert or transaction (I wouldn't need to right now, but someone might), it's still under the wire of $500.

In terms of RCI, it just seems exceedingly unlikely to me that they're trying to rent an RCI exchange. All of the seller's feedback is Wyndham rentals - it seems if they were in the business of renting out RCI exchanges, it wouldn't be just Wyndham.

The question about whether it's "legit" is entirely about whether it could be canceled out from under the buyer because of the guest restriction for that weekend. The only way to know that is to ask the seller what exception it falls under.

troy12n

Reaction score
Is Oct 14-17 on the blackout list? That seems like a really odd weekend to be blacked out

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas