• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about contract award date and point deposit function

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have a friend who is a Wyndham owner with a July-June use year. I was helping her use the PDF (Point Deposit Function) which she has to do by Sept 30th since she is not VIP. I noticed that next year was showing up as an option to deposit but not the following year.

I compared my Jan-Dec account with with her July-June account. If I look at the transaction history for my current use year (1/1/2021 - 12/31 2021) it shows the contract award points posted on 1/1/2019. On my friends July-June use year account the transaction history shows the contract award points for the current use year (7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022) posted on 1/1/2020.

Could someone who has a use year other than Jan-Dec look in your transaction history in your point summary and let me know if your contact award Points post to your account on the first day of your use year or on January 1st

Thanks

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I have a July to June, and Ive always figured despite what most say on here is that we get our points late rather than 6 months early. When Wyndham did the shift to stop people from having multiple use years they gave points to people that they moved up 6 months and most on here thought we didnt deserve it becuase we were getting them early already. I didnt see it that way and apparently Wyndham doesnt either.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have a July to June, and Ive always figured despite what most say on here is that we get our points late rather than 6 months early. When Wyndham did the shift to stop people from having multiple use years they gave points to people that they moved up 6 months and most on here thought we didnt deserve it becuase we were getting them early already. I didnt see it that way and apparently Wyndham doesnt either.

Do you currently have a July to June use year? If so, could you please look at your transaction history and see if your CUY points (7/1/2021-06/30/2022) arrived on 1/1/2020 or 7/1/2019.

Thanks,

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark,

FWIW - I have a 10/1-9/30 UY. Four contracts, all developer (I know, I know). All October UY.

*If* I select "All Use Years" in the Points Summary -> Transaction History and cycle thru the
"Next" button (from "Previous | Next") enough times (whew!), under "Date" I see four separate
line items (one per contract) for transaction type "Contract Award" - all dated 01/01/2021.
(And nothing similar anywhere near 9/30/2020.)

So...my points this year came available on 01/01? Quite possible I haven't been paying
enough attention, but this kinda feels like a bug doesn't it?

HTH. @HitchHiker71, are we working on a new report here or chasing white rabbits?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Mark,

FWIW - I have a 10/1-9/30 UY. Four contracts, all developer (I know, I know). All October UY.

*If* I select "All Use Years" in the Points Summary -> Transaction History and cycle thru the
"Next" button (from "Previous | Next") enough times (whew!), under "Date" I see four separate
line items (one per contract) for transaction type "Contract Award" - all dated 01/01/2021.
(And nothing similar anywhere near 9/30/2020.)

So...my points this year came available on 01/01? Quite possible I haven't been paying
enough attention, but this kinda feels like a bug doesn't it?

HTH. @HitchHiker71, are we working on a new report here or chasing white rabbits?

Could you try looking at just your current use year. 10/1/2020 - 9/30/2021. What date did the “Contract Award” post.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I did call wyndham to ask them if they could see why I could only deposit into the next year and not the following year. They didn’t have an answer for me. She said she could see both future years on her end. She also told me that all points arrive in every owner’s account on January 1st regardless of what the use year is. And I am trying to find out if that’s the case. What I know is that the 2023 points showed up at a future year in my friends account last January so I am assuming the 2024 points will show up as a future year next January.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you try looking at just your current use year. 10/1/2020 - 9/30/2021. What date did the “Contract Award” post.

That's actually why I specified '*If* I select "All Use Years" in the Points Summary' in my original reply.

I couldn't find *any* line items tagged Contract Award with UY set (as default!) to 10/1/2020-9/30/2021.

I just now tried it again to be sure (*so* many "Next" button clicks!), and no joy.

Something else squirrelly I noticed was that the UY filter seems to be applied *after* the, uh,
page-full-of-results query is processed. (My Oracle SQL days are a bit rusty.). In any case,
when scrolling back in time with the Next button for a particular UY (like current), my
Chrome-on-Macbook displayed a continuously decreasing number of results per, uh,
screenful. On the last screenful with content - it only displayed 4 line items.

If *I* were designing this, I would display the whole 25 line items per screenful - applying
the filters as part of the query, instead of upon whatever results the backend chose to
share with me. *And* (are you still reading, @HitchHiker71 ?) I would have a button to
allow viewing 100 results (or even more) at a time - to avoid most of those "Next" buttons.

Hopefully @capital city or someone else with the same UY as you will provide some
corroboration here. C'mon TUG!!

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Here is an image of my friends transaction history for the current use year (7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022). At the bottom of the image is an entry for the Contract Award dated 1/1/2020. I was wondering if this would be normal for at 7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022.

09743E3A-C0E7-483E-9281-4C12C65201AB.jpeg

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is an image of my friends transaction history for the current use year (7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022). At the bottom of the image is an entry for the Contract Award dated 1/1/2020. I was wondering if this would be normal for at 7/1/2021 - 6/30/2022.

View attachment 39683

We have a July use year. That's exactly how it shows, Contract Award on 1/1/20, for use year 7/1/21-6/30/22. I have no idea if it's normal, never paid attention to it before.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
We have a July use year. That's exactly how it shows, Contract Award on 1/1/20, for use year 7/1/21-6/30/22. I have no idea if it's normal, never paid attention to it before.

Perfect. Will you do me a favor and check out at the top part of the point summary below the points and click the + to the right of “future use years”. Do you see 2 future use years or just 1. And also, if you go to the point deposit function. Do you see both future use years to deposit to or just next year.

Thanks,

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
This is what it shows in points deposit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908-060252_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-060252_Samsung Internet.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
It appears to me they we have a bug, @HitchHiker71. On my Jan-Dec account if I go to the PDF page before Mar 31 (I am not VIP) I see 2 uses years to deposit into. Next year and the following year. For my friend when I go to her PDF page (she is also not VIP) I only see next year and NOT the following year. And it looks like @capital city only sees next year also at this point. I will guess that the following year will show up on January 1st. This problem would not be as big a problem for anyone that is VIPP since the following use year would show up well before the PDF deadline. I know this problem is only a problem for NON-VIPs with use years other than Jan-Dec. And I don’t know how big that group is. Plus it would only be a problem for someone in that group who wants to deposit into the following use year. But it is a bug since the Wyndham directory says that we are supposed to be able to deposit into next year or the follow year.
Thank you @HitchHiker71 for everything you do for us.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Will you do me a favor and check out at the top part of the point summary below the points and click the + to the right of “future use years”. Do you see 2 future use years or just 1. And also, if you go to the point deposit function. Do you see both future use years to deposit to or just next year.

Thanks,

I only see 1 future use year (7/1/22-6/30/23) and I only see the option to deposit to next year.

I wonder if this is related to my issue of not being able to deposit to RCI next year's points. Is your friend able to do that?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I only see 1 future use year (7/1/22-6/30/23) and I only see the option to deposit to next year.

I wonder if this is related to my issue of not being able to deposit to RCI next year's points. Is your friend able to do that?

I just checked the RCI Deposit page. With her account I only see current year not next year. With my account which is Jan-Dec I see both my current and next year to deposit. I read somewhere, maybe here on TUG, that you have to be within 10 months of the start of the use year for the RCI deposit to be allowed, but that would be 9/1 of your use year starts on 7/1 is seams to me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It appears to me they we have a bug, @HitchHiker71. On my Jan-Dec account if I go to the PDF page before Mar 31 (I am not VIP) I see 2 uses years to deposit into. Next year and the following year. For my friend when I go to her PDF page (she is also not VIP) I only see next year and NOT the following year. And it looks like @capital city only sees next year also at this point. I will guess that the following year will show up on January 1st. This problem would not be as big a problem for anyone that is VIPP since the following use year would show up well before the PDF deadline. I know this problem is only a problem for NON-VIPs with use years other than Jan-Dec. And I don’t know how big that group is. Plus it would only be a problem for someone in that group who wants to deposit into the following use year. But it is a bug since the Wyndham directory says that we are supposed to be able to deposit into next year or the follow year.
Thank you @HitchHiker71 for everything you do for us.

Got it - so let's form a problem statement for the reported issue:

PROBLEM STATEMENT: When using the online PDF function, non-VIP owners without a calendar based Jan-Dec use year do not see the expected two future use years to choose from when selecting a FUY for deposit purposes. This issue impacts the following UY owners: Apr-Mar, Jul-Jun, Oct-Sep. All non-VIP owners with non-calendar based UYs only see the immediate FUY and not the FUY beyond that year. For example, an owner in CUY 2021 with a Jun-Jul UY, attempts to use the PDF function to move points ahead to FUY 2023. Only FUY 2022 is displayed as an option, FUY 2023 does not appear as a valid option (and it should).

Does this accurately capture the reported issue?

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked the RCI Deposit page. With her account I only see current year not next year. With my account which is Jan-Dec I see both my current and next year to deposit. I read somewhere, maybe here on TUG, that you have to be within 10 months of the start of the use year for the RCI deposit to be allowed, but that would be 9/1 of your use year starts on 7/1 is seams to me.

Thanks for checking! Yes, 10 months before, so next year's points should be available to deposit to RCI already.

@paxsarah Seems like my RCI deposit issue may be related to a July use year.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

PROBLEM STATEMENT: When using the online PDF function, non-VIP owners without a calendar based Jan-Dec use year do not see the expected two future use years to choose from when selecting a FUY for deposit purposes. This issue impacts the following UY owners: Apr-Mar, Jul-Jun, Oct-Sep. All non-VIP owners with non-calendar based UYs only see the immediate FUY and not the FUY beyond that year. For example, an owner in CUY 2021 with a Jun-Jul UY, attempts to use the PDF function to move points ahead to FUY 2023. Only FUY 2022 is displayed as an option, FUY 2023 does not appear as a valid option (and it should).

Yes that describes the problem perfectly. My only observation is that isn’t the year of the UY described with the year that it ends not the year it begins. So Jul - June CUY would be described as 2022 UY because it ends on 6/30/2022. So the two future use years would be described 2023 UY and 2024 UY. Not sure this makes any substantial difference but I don’t want to confuse the Wyndham IT folks that might have a particular way of looking at it. Maybe I am wrong on that but it just seems like if heard that here on TUG before.

Thank for chiming in,

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Thanks for checking! Yes, 10 months before, so next year's points should be available to deposit to RCI already.

@paxsarah Seems like my RCI deposit issue may be related to a July use year.

Yes. It will be interesting to see when the following year shows up to deposit into RCI. In my Jan-Dec UY account it should show up 3/1/22 to deposit in RCI if the 10 month is correct.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Yes. It will be interesting to see when the following year shows up to deposit into RCI. In my Jan-Dec UY account it should show up 3/1/22 to deposit in RCI if the 10 month is correct.

Does this mean we have another problem statement to form with respect to RCI deposits? Or can we simply amend the current problem statement to also include any/all non-calendar use year owners attempting RCI points deposits?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Does this mean we have another problem statement to form with respect to RCI deposits? Or can we simply amend the current problem statement to also include any/all non-calendar use year owners attempting RCI points deposits?

It looks like we do. With my friends Jul-Jun UY account she can only see CUY point to deposit in RCI, not Next UY which in my view should now be available. This may or may not be a related issue.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like we do. With my friends Jul-Jun UY account she can only see CUY point to deposit in RCI, not Next UY which in my view should now be available. This may or may not be a related issue.

Can your friend now see next year's points to deposit into RCI? I can see it for a second before it disappears and I get the not enough points to deposit screen. I only have 7000 points left for this year. I don't think your friend has the <10,000 points in CUY issue, so wondering if the RCI issue is now fixed for them.

For the points deposit, I still only see 1 future year.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Can your friend now see next year's points to deposit into RCI? I can see it for a second before it disappears and I get the not enough points to deposit screen. I only have 7000 points left for this year. I don't think your friend has the <10,000 points in CUY issue, so wondering if the RCI issue is now fixed for them.

For the points deposit, I still only see 1 future year.

RCI deposit is working. I see the current year and next year. Which is the way it is supposed to be. You see the following year 10 months before. Her problem is with the Wyndham deposit. She can only see next year but not the following year, which she should. Also if she goes to point summary or benefit summary and goes to future years, she sees only one future year and she should see two. My guess is she will see the second one on January 1st

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Someone on Facebook is reporting they had this problem (with an October use year not allowing her to deposit to the second future year prior to her deadline in December), and that the phone reps she spoke to told her that this was intentional (obviously incorrect).

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
Somehow I missed this thread earlier, or I ignored it because I am VIP Gold. However, I am having the same issue. I have an April-March UY, and since I am VIP Gold I can deposit my points up to 9 months into my current UY. At the end of December 2021, I only had the option to deposit to the next UY (2022-23) and not to the 2023-24 UY as I should have been able to. The next year shows up on January 1 when the new points are deposited for 23-24 but not before. In the past I have been able to call in and have the points moved to two years out, but this costs more money to do and should be able to be accomplished with the website. It seems that the database does not create a pot to deposit the points into until the new points are deposited on January 1. This process needs to take place sooner, even if there are no points in it yet.