• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Playa Andaluza or Marriott Marbella Beach Resort?

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got some cheap airline tickets to Spain and going in January before my college kid goes back to school. Yes, I know... not the ideal time to go but been there before in early February and enjoyed it. Hope Spain still lets Americans (vaccinated) in then. II has getaways to both resort, Playa Andaluza and Marbella Beach Resort. I have stayed at Playa 3 times before and really liked it. Now thinking that maybe this time we should do Marbella instead. Which resort do you prefer? Little afraid to change from something I like but at the same time maybe need to switch things around a little bit.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay at and enjoy both, we prefer Playa although most prefer Marbella.
They are both a fair way out of Marbella itself, but equally good for visiting the surrounding coastal and inland areas.
Marbella is larger and has more to offer, we like the smaller more intimate feel of Playa but really it is all down to personal taste.
As you haven’t been to the Marbella resort before though why not give it a try this time?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
I too prefer Playa. MBR feels too sprawling and much is centred around the main pool which isn't of much use in January. Strolling around Playa is more pleasant and feels less of a means to get from A to B than it does at MBR. I also like Playa's proximity to Estepona and Benahavis and the Aldi is a really handy stone's throw away.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We are choosing between them also We saw on the website, that one of the resorts, (unsure which one) have rooms with much bigger balconies and therefore was leaning toward that resort.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are choosing between them also We saw on the website, that one of the resorts, (unsure which one) have rooms with much bigger balconies and therefore was leaning toward that resort.
It depends, both resorts have some units with larger balconies than others.
We own Playa Andaluza 3 Bed Sea Front and in the Granada building on what we call the 1st floor (US 2nd floor) the units have enormous balconies.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We own Playa Andaluza 3 Bed Sea Front and in the Granada building on what we call the 1st floor (US 2nd floor) the units have enormous balconies.

Yes, almost as big as the pool area! I've often looked down on them from my comparatively tiny balcony and wondered what people did with such space. I've stayed in a 3 bedroom seafront at MBR and the balcony wasn't particularly large, no significant difference between a 2 bedroom Playa one.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
You won't go wrong with either, but as Bazzap says why not try MMB as you haven't before?